Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cutest Lil' Jazz Singer (3/12) Blog story discontinued

mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
Hello! I've decided to start another story since I'm having so much fun with the other one as well. I'm not stopping my Elena story, but I am writing it so fast... a little too fast.

I started this story as forum only, but now I do blog only. If you want to read it from just the blog go here

It will be pic first, story for that pic under it.
Thoughts will look like this.
"Thought songs will look like this."
(Words from me will be in parenthesis.)

This will be about a girl, youngest of 5 children, and the only girl. Nothing like having 4 older brothers right? hehe

I wanted to try to make it look like it is in the 1920s, but I doubt I'm going to be completely successful with that. So, instead, it's just going to exist in its own universe with no preconceived notions about how it's "supposed" to be. :)

I'm going to introduce the characters first. The beginnings of my stories usually stink, so I'm bouncing around all over the place trying to figure out how exactly to get the ball rolling so to speak.

In fact, the house they're going to be standing in front of isn't even their house. :lol: Idk, it just felt wrong, so I made them a different house.

Here's a list of the chapters: (11-14-12 edit: I've now linked all the chapters to the blog. Let me know if there are any that don't work.)

Summary Chapters 1-50

Intro
1: Stardust
2: The Very Thought Of You
3: Blue Skies
4: Are You Lonesome Tonight?
5: Ain't Misbehavin'
Bonus: mypalsim1's wedding follies
6: Mr. Doctor-man Part 1
6: Mr. Doctor-man Part 2
7: Everything Gonna Be Alright
8: Embraceable You
9: Oh, Lady Be Good!
10: Deed I Do
Bonus: photo shoot (forum only)
11: S' Wonderful
12: Sweetheart
13: Mean Old World
14: Love Me or Leave Me
15: I'm Nobody's Baby
Bonus: Eric, The Doctor Man
16: I'm A Dreamer, Aren't We All?
17: Life Goes On
Bonus: Age Up Shots (forum only)
18: Somebody Loves Me
19: Summertime
20: Dr. Jazz
21: Meet the Marshalls
22: Wild Women Don't Have the Blues
23: Who's Sorry Now?
24: Lover Come Back To Me
25: I've Found A New Baby
26: Some Like It Hot
bonus: Gloria Grace Love
bonus: Eric Hastings Marshall
bonus: Richard Castor Davis
bonus: Frederick Pierce Richardson
bonus: Demetrius Marcel Love
bonus: Marcus Edward Love
27: Softly, As In A Morning Sunrise
bonus: Darren Nathaniel Love
28: It Had To Be You
bonus: Rodney Howard Love
29: When You're Smiling
Bonus: James Justice Love
Bonus: Dorothy Arabella Russell
30: Black and Blue
31: Can't Take My Eyes Off You
32: Fever
33: Rhapsody in Blue
34: Just You, Just Me
Bonus: Thomas Trent White
35: The Butterfly Princess of Bridgeport
36: How Come You Do Me Like You Do
Bonus: Camilla Rose Jones
37: How Deep Is The Ocean
38: I Must Have That Man
39: Everybody Loves My Baby
40: My Melancholy Baby
41: I Want to be Happy
Bonus: What Happened With Annie?
42: If I Should Lose You
43: Stormy Weather
Bonus: Evelyn
44: Alone Together
45: Where Or When
46: On the Sunny Side of the Street
47: Fidgety Feet
48: When Day Is Done
49: T'Ain't Nobody's Business If I Do (why is b.i.z.n.e.🐸🐸🐸🐸 censored? this link takes you to the chapters tab, then scroll to the chapter. direct link doesn't work)
50: My Man
51: I Never Knew
52: If I Had You
53: It's Too Soon To Know
54: My One and Only Love
55: Someone To Watch Over Me
56: Babe, I Hate To Go
57: Smiles
58: My Honey's Lovin' Arms
59: Look for the Silver Lining
60: A Good Man is Hard to Find
61: The Hour of Parting
62: At Last
63: What'll I Do?
64: I'm Through With Love
65: Sugar Blues
66: I Guess I'll Have To Change My Plan
67: Baby Love
68: Make Believe
69: Just Like A Woman
70: Love Hurts
71: You Made Me Love You
72: The Song Is Ended
73: Baddest Blues
74: It's Alright With Me
75: Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out
76: You Do Something To Me
77: Don't You Think I Love You
78: Hard Hearted Hannah
79: After You've Gone
80: What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life
81: Squeeze Me
82: Without A Song
83: Let's Face the Music and Dance
84: Crazy Rhythm
85: That's Life
86: All Alone

I also have an older story, Elena, Queen of Denial. Click the banner below to read it:
y8wivy

And a paranormal/vampire story:
TheMomentInTime-1-1.jpg
This one is intended for viewers ages 18+.

This one is also for ages 18+ and is the newest:

Screenshot-321-2.jpg

I also have a pose blog:
compilation-1-1.jpg
Mypalsim's Poses for Sims 3

And a legacy blog:
Screenshot-85.jpg
Random Simming

Post edited by mypalsim1 on

Comments

• mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    edited March 2012
    Screenshot-31-1-1.jpg
    Hey there. So, this is me and my family. I'm the one on the far left. The cute one. The other people that are lucky enough to be in this photo with me are my four, yes FOUR, brothers--all older than me might I add, and my parents. HAHA I'm just kidding, I'm not really that full of myself!

Screenshot-35-1-1.jpg
    So here's my parents. Demetrius and Sasha Love. Yeah. People usually call my mama Sashay after the dance step. She used to dance all the time, but she had to stop when she broke her ankle a long time ago. My mom is really prettier than that, but she was nervous when we were getting the pictures taken. She couldn't get Howie or Darren to behave. The only way to get a good picture of her is to take her by surprise.
    My daddy works as a machine operator in the local car factory. Of course, that's not what he really wants to be. He'd love to just be a writer, but he can never seem to actually FINISH the books he starts.

So, I guess I'll introduce my brothers next...

Screenshot-34-1-2.jpg
    This is Marcus. He's like, ten years older than me. I have NO IDEA why he still lives at home. He and my brothers have a band, and I guess he figures it's easier to keep everyone together. I wish they'd ALL move out. Especially Marcus. Maybe not Justice, but I'll get to him later.

Screenshot-37-1-1.jpg
    And this is Darren. Darren the Annoying. Darren the Stud Muffin according to him. I prefer Darren the Annoying. I think he's only in the band to meet girls. Our house has ONE BATHROOM and he's always in it. I thought that was supposed to be the girl's job to hog the bathroom. Hah! I never get that chance.

Screenshot-38-1-1.jpg
    Howard. He wants us to call him Howard. We all call him Howie. We've ALWAYS called him Howie when he was growing up. Lately though, since he thinks he's so mature, he wants us to call him Howard. One thing about Howie, do NOT mess with his easel in the backyard. I learned early on when I was about 5 I decided I wanted to finger paint out there, ... oh he was so mad. Other than that, he's alright. He mostly ignores me anyway.

Screenshot-34-1-1.jpg
    THIS is my wonderful big brother Justice. He's such a sweetheart. It was always up to him to take care of me for Mama when we were growing up, even though he's only about 3 years older than me.
    You know, I have a hard time picturing my brother without a smile on his face. We're a team, me and him. He keeps Marcus from being too mean and Darren from hogging the bathroom when I need to use it. Yep, total sweetie.

Screenshot-32-1-2.jpg
    And now for the CUTEST member of the family... me! Gloria Grace Love.
    I'm in my last year in high school, and I CAN'T WAIT until it's OVER!!!! I'm SO SICK of all the drama of that place! I can't wait to get out into the real world where people don't "click up" and instead keep an open mind without judging people. High school is bad about that. I want to be known for me as ME, not "Baby Love". I hate that nickname.

Screenshot-31-1.jpg
    So, that's us! The Loves.

Also, I have no idea why we decided to take our picture here... we don't even live here. :roll:
  • zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    edited March 2012
    Who wouldn't want four older brothers?! It's not like brothers ever behave in a way that is less than ideal towards potential suitors...

Good start, looking forward to seeing what they get up to.
    edited March 2012
    kirkuk wrote:
    Who wouldn't want four older brothers?! It's not like brothers ever behave in a way that is less than ideal towards potential suitors...

Good start, looking forward to seeing what they get up to.

I know right? I'm going to have so much fun with those types of scenes!
    edited March 2012
    Stardust

Screenshot-8-2.jpg
    I love my city. We live across the bridge and WAY up in the hills, but our house has a fantastic view of the skyline. The bus takes FOREVER to get me to school, but I don't mind. Extra time for getting homework done at the last minute, right? And I'm in no big hurry to get there.

Today I had to take the subway because I stayed after to help Mr. Locke with setting up our chem lab for Monday. He gave me a little cash to help pay for a cab home as a thank you. I took the subway to save some. Now I'm spending the extra on -- A TACO!

Screenshot-9.jpg
    I love these tacos. I hardly ever get to have any, so I happily crunch one down while I wait for my taxi.

I hope Mom isn't mad at me for getting one and skipping dinner. Maybe I just won't tell her. Somehow she always knows though. Shrug.

I get home and go upstairs to play with my cat, Edwina.
    Oh! Here's my cat:
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    She's some kind of special breed. I don't remember. This lady down the hill was going to have to leave to go work on a foreign movie, and she let me cat sit her. Well, me and this cat fell in love with each other. The lady let me keep her!

Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    This is my house, by the way. It's way to small for us. Haha, one good thing about being the only girl is that my brothers all have to squeeze into one room while I get another --- all to myself!

So, anyway... where was I? Oh yeah, I'm playing with my cat upstairs.

Screenshot-10.jpg
    Mama is downstairs sleeping on the couch. She's never been the same since she had scarlet fever a few years ago. Scarlet fever you ask? I know right!! I thought that was gone like, a hundred years ago or something. Apparently it's like really really bad strep throat that gives you a red rash. She had to go to the hospital. So, some days she's real tired and sleeps alot. I try to be real quiet.

Screenshot-11-2.jpg
    I hear Daddy get home and come inside.

Then I hear Daddy sigh sadly, "Has she been like this all day?"

Who is he talking to?

Howie answers, "Mostly. I checked her a little while ago. She's running a fever."

I didn't know Howie was down there.

"Would she take anything?"

Howie answers again, "Not this last time. She tried to take something earlier, but it just came right back up, so she refused this last time."

Daddy makes a quiet, angry noise before he says, "Sasha, why don't you take care of yourself?"

I'm guessing he's not really talking to her and thinking she's going to respond.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    "Dad, she's been sleeping for five hours, and I can't get her to wake up." Howie complains.

Mama moans an irritated response, "Y'all stop talking about me like I'm not here. I'm fine! Just... tired."

I hear Daddy's kneecaps crack as I figure he's knelt down next to her, "Sasha, you need to take something."

Mama answers, "Won't stay down. Not worth it." I hear her exhale loudly.

"Maybe if you eat something. Just a little something." Daddy tries to coax her.

I hear Justice's voice from the kitchen, "I'm making waffles for dinner! You love waffles. C'mon, Mama." I hear a few steps taken below in the living room before Justice hollers up to me, "Hey Baby Love, you want some waffles?"

Stupid nickname. "No thanks, I had a taco." May as well admit it. I can literally FEEL Mama's irritation with this.

Screenshot-13-1.jpg
    Mama's voice sounds tired, "Justice, what you doing in your pj's already?"

Justice chuckles, "Speak for yourself, Mama."

Screenshot-14-1.jpg
    "Hah." Mama almost laughs. Then I hear the chair slide across the floor. Edwina scratches me since I'm playing with her with a toy mouse and I get distracted. Ow! I suck on the scratch and hear Mama talk some more, "You knew I'd be tempted by waffles, you sweet boy. I'll try to eat some.... for you." Somehow I just know Justice is grinning at her.

Screenshot-15-1.jpg
    I hear Mama start coughing and hear a fork hit a plate.

"That's it, Sashay, we're going to the doctor to get you checked out." Dad says as I hear yet another chair going across the floor.

"No, I'm fine. I just need to rest." Mama says in between coughs. "Besides, the boys promised me they'd play our song tonight." I imagine her smiling at my brothers.

"Mom," I hear Howie say, "we'll do it some other time. You don't look so good."

"You men are conspiring against me all the time." Mama teases, but I can also hear the irritation in her voice.

Screenshot-16-1.jpg
    So Daddy convinces her to go to the hospital. It's just me and my brothers tonight, I guess, because I have a feeling they're not going to be back tonight.

Screenshot-7-2.jpg
    The waffles smell good, so I head downstairs and eat some. My brother Marcus is also in the kitchen, so my dinner company isn't my favorite. When we're done I do the dishes, and Marcus stares at me while holding his coffee mug.

"You wash your mug. I'm going upstairs to read my novel." I say to him.

He follows me to the living room, "Baby Love, have you done your homework yet?"

Oh! So you think you're Mr. Parent since Mama and Daddy are at the hospital? Huh.

"No, I was gonna do that later." I answer with almost a glare.

"You need to do it now. I'm not going to have you slacking just because Mom isn't at home right now."

"Fine!" I say and stomp up the stairs. I hate him!

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Marcus gets on my last nerve! I wish he'd just MOVE OUT! I hear Edwina playing under my bed. A cat paw sticks itself out and bats at my shoes for a second.

"Silly cat." I say to her and sit myself on my bed to do my homework as fast as I can so I can read.

Screenshot-43.jpg
    The boys bug me a little as they start up practicing in the garage. They're distracting me from really getting into my book.

(Drives me crazy that the bass and guitar guys won't stay in the flippin garage!)

Screenshot-2-2.jpg
    Saturday, the boys have a gig at a local dump. They decided I needed to come with them since they didn't want me home alone, and Mama and Daddy aren't home yet. Still.
    I order some hot wings.

Screenshot-17-1.jpg
    My brothers get to playing and my foot starts tapping along to the music. The place is almost deserted, but they have a grand time anyway.

Screenshot-18-1.jpg
    Sometimes... Justice gets a little carried away. Haha.

Screenshot-21.jpg
    I hear a not-so-quiet "PSST!" come from Justice directed at me.

"What?" I ask in plain volume.

"Get up here!" he says.

"What!?" I ask again, a little louder.

"Yeah, we're playing 'Stardust' next, and you know you can sing that one."

Screenshot-24.jpg
    "Y'all are gonna play 'Stardust'... as your closer?" I ask incredulously.

Howie answers me, "Well, it's not like the place is hopping for high tempo dance tunes."

"She won't do it." Marcus gibes me.

"Nah, c'mon, Baby Love. Hardly nobody's here. You can do this." Justice says to me with a smile on his face.

"Just make up your mind cuz we're about to start." Darren pipes in annoyingly.

Screenshot-28.jpg
    So, taunted by Darren and Marcus, I go stand next to Justice. Yeah, there's almost nobody here, but I feel like I can hardly breathe.

Howie starts it up and Marcus gets ready to come in with the drums... and I just stand there staring at my shoes... not singing. I miss my cue. Howie does a turn around and Justice whispers to me that I can do this. So, this next time I come in real quiet:

"Sometimes I wonder why I spend
    The lonely night dreaming of a song
    The melody haunts my reverie
    And I am once again with you

When our love was new
    And each kiss an inspiration..."

"A little louder, Gloria." Marcus says. I'm startled by him using my actual name.

Screenshot-26.jpg
    So, still shaking like a leaf, I lift my head come in a little louder:

"Ah but that was a long time ago
    Now my consolation is in the stardust of a song..."

Screenshot-27.jpg
    "Beside the garden wall when stars are bright
    You are in my arms
    The nightingale tells his fairytale
    Of paradise where roses grew

Though I dream in vain
    In my heart it will remain
    My stardust melody
    The memory of love's refrain"

The boys play a little before I sing the last bit one more time.

Screenshot-30.jpg
    I decide to finish with a little flourish, since it really doesn't matter anyway. The boys go right along with me:

"Though I dream in vain
    In my heart it will remain
    My stardust melody
    The memory of love's refrain".

My brothers, the bartender, and another man in the back all clap for me, and I'm glad for the darkened room because I blush.

Screenshot-35.jpg
    The man in the back walks up to me and shakes my hand, "That was pretty good. What's your name, sweetheart?"

"Gloria Love, sir. These are my brothers. I just ... sing with them at home sometimes, ... thank you." I stutter a little.

He smiles a little condescendingly down at me, "How old are you anyway?"

Screenshot-39.jpg
    About this time, Marcus walks up and distracts the man, "Hello, I'm Marcus Love. This is my sister Gloria. What were you saying to her?"

The man shakes his hand and shrugs slightly, "I was just about to recommend that she become a permanent part of your group. She's pretty good."

I blush again.

Screenshot-38.jpg
    "And you are?" Marcus asks with almost a rude undertone to his voice.

The man chuckles a little. "Name's Bumble." He hands my brother a card. "I'm a talent scout for Vinyl Spins record company."

Oh wow!

"Well then, nice to meet you Mr. Bumble." Marcus says as he looks at me. "My sister is still in high school."

"Not for long." I pipe in.

Marcus winces, "Thank you for your recommendation. We'll consider it."

"So, where's your next gig, I'd like to come listen again. Especially if this young lady is going to sing again."

Wow.

Justice calls me over.

Screenshot-41.jpg
    He laughs with good humor, "On the stage once and you've done what we couldn't do in years."

"What's that?" I ask.

"You've caught a label's attention. But Mama and Daddy are gonna have to have their say if you're gonna keep with us."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

I stand there in mute shock.

Screenshot-42.jpg
    He laughs louder this time, "C'mon, Baby, you were great up there! I knew you would be."

We dance out of habit while Marcus talks to the scout and Darren and Howie play shuffleboard.

"Stardust" by Hoagy Carmichael and Mitchell Parish

http://youtu.be/wYGiS6hBhls
  • sammie512sammie512 Posts: 10,211 Member
    edited March 2012
    Awesome so far! I don't trust Bumble..
    edited March 2012
    sammie512 wrote:
    Awesome so far! I don't trust Bumble..

I'm glad you like it! :)

Bumble kind of made Marcus nervous. Of course, ANYONE talking to their baby sister makes the guys nervous, but you're right. He was a little suspicious. >.>
    edited April 2012
    I'd say, VERY suspicious.
    edited April 2012
    (Okay, for starters, I realize this song is from the 30s (or feel free to correct me, please), but I think it suits this chapter.)

The Very Thought of You

Screenshot.jpg
    Mama came home yesterday. I'm so glad. She's still real tired though, but Daddy said the doctor said she would be for a little while.

My friend, Camilla, and I are sitting in Chemistry when HE walks in. Rick. Well, it's really Richard, but nobody calls him that. He's ... really cute. Oh but he doesn't know I exist. Of course. Why should he?

Immediately, Camilla starts to embarrass me, "Shh! Here he comes!"

I mumble under my breath, "Can it, Camilla!"

Screenshot-2.jpg
    She whispers to me, a little too loud might I add, "He's looking at you!"

I look up to see she's right.

"Well, smile or something!" she mutters to me. I'm glad she finally got the message to lower the volume.

I feel like I can't breathe, let alone move. He smiles at me the tiniest bit, and I think my heart stops. Then... he takes a seat at another table. Phooey.

Screenshot-5.jpg
    I mean, why sit here with us? We're nobodies. Maybe he wasn't even looking at me after all, but instead looking out the window behind me. Yeah, that's it.

Screenshot-6.jpg
    Mr. Locke invades my reverie, "Okay guys, today we're going to see how very, very small amounts of pure sodium react in water. Then, we're going to try and figure out how the power of this reaction can be harnessed in a practical way. Or, will we determine that it's not practical at all?"

I wasn't allowed to touch the sodium Friday after school, so I'm actually a little curious. Mr. Locke keeps the stuff in a vault-like cabinet.

Screenshot-7.jpg
    So, we all get up and pick a station. Camilla is the first to reach hers. I hang back a minute.

"Tom, go get your own station." Camilla tells Tom White in a bored voice.

"Just wondered if you might need my assistance today, Camilla." he says.

Oh yeah... he likes her. No-brainer there.

"Nope, and I think we're supposed to do this on our own anyway." she answers.

"The first part. The second part we need a partner..."

Camilla sighs in an aggravated manner before Mr. Locke tells Tom he needs to first finish the first part.

Screenshot-9.jpg
    How is it that Mr. Football player looks so cute in goggles? I guess he'd look cute in anything.

Screenshot-11.jpg
    Mr. Locke startles me, "Gloria, you need to work on your lab."

Tom chuckles under his breath before he gives me a knowing look.

Oh no! I was just standing here staring at him! I'm just as annoying as Tom was to Camilla! I want the earth to swallow me up right now.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    The sodium crackles like little bitty fireworks the second it touches the water. I start to imagine what it would be like if a whole lot more of the stuff were involved. No wonder Mr. Locke keeps the stuff locked away. A dumb kid could blow up the whole school! Well, okay so maybe there's not quite enough for that. For good reason I'm sure.

So... I'm supposed to write down my findings... somewhere on this paper. Great. I spilled a little water on it. Oh here it is. Let's see.... the stuff goes off like sparklers... small little explosions. Like what I feel when I look at Rick. Hm... probably shouldn't actually put that on my paper.

Before I know it, the class ends, and I'm not finished writing what I need to write! I'd spent WAY too much time daydreaming about the guy behind me.

I turn around to go gather my stuff when I notice HE'S standing there.
    Screenshot-20.jpg
    "Hey, that was neat wasn't it? Who knew that the stuff in salt was explosive?" he says.

Holy cow he talked to me! I freeze up.

Screenshot-16.jpg
    "Yeah.. um.. well, you know. Salt has... something ... else in it." I finally respond. And for the life of me I can't remember what that is right now.

"Yeah." he smiles at me. SMILES AT ME. Then he walks off to get his stuff.

Screenshot-22.jpg
    He talked to me! Wow. He DOES know I exist. Or, he did for that moment at least. And we talked about .... salt. Well that's actually kind of stupid. He must think I'm stupid. No, I won't think that.

I suddenly fantasize about us discussing salt while at a restaurant on a date. Happy sigh.

Camilla gets my attention, "Come sit on the back row with me! I'm sick of Tom pulling my hair, and he does that every time we sit on the front row."

Screenshot-23.jpg
    I sit down and our music teacher, Mr. Carter, comes and sits down at the piano and starts playing right away. He doesn't even say a word to us, he just sits down and plays. Yeah. I don't get it either. I THINK maybe he's trying for some "mood music" to calm us down or something. Whatever. It's only five of us anyway. The chorus isn't exactly huge. And Tom is the ONLY guy.

But I saw a sign... the drama club is doing a musical! Whee! Drama and chorus unite! I wonder if Rick is going to audition. I don't even know if he can sing. I don't think he's in the drama club either. Oh well. A girl can dream.

Screenshot-24.jpg
    Camilla talks just a little too loud for my taste, and I get the feeling that Dorothy can overhear us, "Hey, Gloria, did you see that the drama club is doing Maytime?" She giggles, "That would be so much fun!"

"Mr. Carter," Dorothy suddenly says, catching everyone's attention, "I have something I've prepared I'd like to sing, if that's okay."

Diva.

Screenshot-26.jpg
    So she gets up there and bores us all to tears. Well, at least I'M bored to tears. Yeah, she sings nice, but why take up class time for your own personal need for praise? None of the rest of us do this.

Screenshot-32.jpg
    After class ends, I decide to ask Mr. Carter about the upcoming musical.

"Sure, Gloria! You should audition!" He responds to my question.

"But, what about people that aren't in drama or chorus?" I ask.

"We're not going to turn away anyone that wants to try."

Good.

Screenshot-38.jpg
    After Mr. Carter goes to his desk, Dorothy walks up to me. "You're not seriously considering going for the lead, are you Gloria?"

Screenshot-39.jpg
    "I never said what part I was going for. And it's really none of your business." Geez I can't stand this girl.

"Well, I mean, I guess I could always use an understudy." she almost giggles.

Screenshot-40.jpg
    "You know, now you've made me WANT to try out for the lead." I respond.

"You mean the male role?" she says as I glare at her. "Don't set yourself up for embarrassment, Gloria. Go for what you're sure you can get. That's my advice."

I don't want your advice. I think as she walks past me and out the door.
    Who does she think she is? Fanny Brice?

Screenshot-46.jpg
    I get so mad that I get distracted and miss the bus. I call my Daddy's work, and tell the person that answers the phone that I'll be waiting in the park for him to come pick me up. I finish my homework at a picnic table and then go sit on the swings.

The park is mostly empty. There's a few people playing music a little ways away. I quietly sing the tunes I recognize.

Who does she think she IS? Understudy. Heh. I ought to audition for that lead role and blow her out of the water.

But... what if she's right? What if I audition and not get it? And she does? She'll just LOVE to rub that in my face.

Maybe I shouldn't.

Screenshot-45.jpg
    I think my heart just stopped beating again. Of course it did. A heart can't beat if it's relocated down in my stomach, can it?

I have a death grip on the swing chains as Rick walks over to me. Or, maybe to the swings. Or, maybe he'll walk past me and it's just a coincidence that I'm in his path...

Screenshot-47.jpg
    He sits down next to me. I try my best to act nonchalant about the whole thing. This is nothing but nothing. Just two teenagers sitting on the swings because they have nothing better to do. He just happens to want to sit on the swings. Makes no difference that I'm here.

Screenshot-51.jpg
    "I am SO GLAD the weather is cooling off. Those summer practices were going to kill me, I swear!" he says as he looks over at me.

He's actually talking to me again. TWO times in ONE DAY?!

He's talking about the weather. okay.... Oh geez Louise what do I say?

Screenshot-53.jpg
    "I uh, yeah. It's been a hot summer. Good to have a change." I finally say.

"What did you do all summer?" he asks.

I take a deep, fortifying breath, "Mostly just hung out in my garage listening to my brothers' band. Or reading."

Oh no. He's going to KNOW I'm a dork now.

"Your brothers have a band! Amazing." He smiles at me. Again. "Are they any good?"

I nod.

Screenshot-50.jpg
    "You think it would be okay if I came over to listen to them play?" he asks before his face screws up a little. "Um, sorry. I'm not trying to invite myself over. I ... uh... was just curious about the... band."

Just the band. Okay. Makes sense.

"I know you weren't trying to invite yourself over. They have another gig at Waylon's Haunt this Saturday." I say a little quietly.

"Great! I'll be sure to be there." He pauses for a moment before he asks, "Do you go to their gigs too?"

"I do lately, but I don't know if I'll go to the next one." I answer.

"Oh, there's my ride. See you later, Gloria."

He KNOWS my NAME!

Screenshot-64.jpg
    Daddy FINALLY comes and picks me up. When we get home, I hear Howie playing the piano in the garage. It has to be Howie. Nobody else is that good. When I get in the garage, there's this girl there that I've never seen before. He's obviously playing for her. She looks up and smiles at me like my presence isn't bothering her. So, I have a seat on the small sofa.

Screenshot-76.jpg
    When he's finished playing for her, I watch him look over at her and say something quietly. She has a sweet smile. He looks over me and smiles before heading out of the garage. I'm assuming to get the rest of the boys. The girl comes and sits down next to me on the couch.

"Hello, I'm Marian. Howard tells me you're Gloria." she says.

"Yes." What else do I say?

"He also tells me you have an amazing singing voice."

"Oh. Well, he's a little biased, isn't he?" I say with my eyebrows raised.

Screenshot-75.jpg
    "So, how did you meet my brother?" I ask, eager to change the subject.

"Oh, we met at Aquarius. A few weeks ago."

Howie has had a girl THIS LONG and NONE of us have known about her?

Screenshot-60-1.jpg
    "He was so sweet. I can't believe I found someone as interested in art as I am." she giggles.

Screenshot-61-1.jpg
    "So, we kept meeting each other." she continues. "I um, really like your brother." she says as she blushes.

I don't know whether to laugh or look at her suspiciously. Why is she telling me all this?

Screenshot-74.jpg
    "Howard keeps going on and on about how you sang with them the other night." she says.

Howard. So weird to have someone actually call him Howard.

My brothers walk in and get their respective instruments.

"C'mon, Gloria. What can we play for you tonight? And get over here and sing." Justice beckons.

I roll my eyes, but inside I AM almost dying to sing this one song. I don't know if I want to sing it in front of a stranger, though.

"Please?" Howie asks. My eyes widen in confusion. He smiles back at me.

"Fine." I say. "I need to sing 'The Very Thought of You'."

"Oh, you NEED to?" Justice teases.

"Shut up and play." I grin.

"Yes'm." he teases some more.

Screenshot-66.jpg
    I'm always amazed at how my brother Justice can take a guitar and make it fill in for a whole host of other instruments.

I start to sing:
    "The very thought of you and I forget to do
    Those little ordinary things that everyone ought to do
    I'm living in a kind of daydream
    I'm happy as a queen
    And foolish though it may seem
    To me that's everything"

Screenshot-70.jpg
    "The mere idea of you, the longing here for you
    You'll never know how slow the moments go till I'm near to you
    I see your face in every flower
    Your eyes in stars above
    It's just the thought of you
    The very thought of you, my love"

Screenshot-67.jpg
    The boys play a little. I turn my head to look over at this Marian girl. She smiles at me. I half-smile back. I'm still not decided on her yet.

Screenshot-71.jpg
    As I sing the rest of it, I realize why I needed to sing this song today. Rick. I still can't believe he talked to me today. Twice.

"I see your face in every flower
    Your eyes in stars above
    It's just the thought of you
    The very thought of you, my love"

The Very Thought of You by Ray Noble. This link sung by Billie Holiday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPJuFxl0bxY&feature=related
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited April 2012
    Alright, y'all. Don't be shy and let me know what you think. Good/bad whatever.
    edited April 2012
    Love it, Gloria is really cute and Howie's girl is cute as well.
    edited April 2012
    sammie512 wrote:
    Love it, Gloria is really cute and Howie's girl is cute as well.

Glad you're loving it.

8) You mean you don't recognize Howie's girl? hehe. I've fit this sim in yet again!
    edited April 2012
    Blue Skies

Screenshot-72-1.jpg
    Mama keeps dinner surprisingly simple this evening. I thought for sure since Howie brought a girl over she'd prepare something a little more special. I guess she was just tired. I'm glad she didn't ask me to do dinner. I'm a terrible cook. I guess she didn't want to ask Justice either since he was busy practicing.

I just love how my parents support the band. Oh yeah! They said I could sing with them as long as the gig wasn't on a school night! I'm both at once excited and scared outta my wits.

So, after dinner, Mama, Daddy, Howie and Marian all sit down to "have a chat". I'm sitting on the front porch, and I can hear them through the open kitchen window.

Marian fills in my parents on a recent art exhibition that featured a few of her pieces. I'm guessing Mama and Daddy are bored, because I sure am.

Screenshot-73-1.jpg
    "But that's not why I brought her over tonight. I mean, yes, I wanted you to meet her." Howie says. "I wanted to let you know the news first. I've asked Marian to marry me, and she said yes."

WHAT?!?

The kitchen gets real quiet. REAL quiet.

I hear the smile in my father's voice, "Congratulations, son!"

Mama is real quiet.

"Welcome to the family, Marian." Dad says to her.

Mama finally speaks, "What did you say your last name was?"

"Gonzales." Marian answers. I don't know how Mama reacts because she's quiet again.

"We were hoping to have the ceremony here, if that's okay." Howie says.

Screenshot-74-1.jpg
    "Where y'all planning to live?" Mama asks.

"Marian has a small apartment that will do... for now." I can hear the smile in Howie's voice as well.

"I see." Mama says.

Screenshot-76-1.jpg
    Justice walks outside to sit down next to me. I stop paying attention to the kitchen. Darren on the phone in the living room talking to some girl kind of jumbles up what's going on inside.

"I take it you heard?" he asks.

"Yep." is all I answer.

Screenshot-77-1.jpg
    "Whoever woulda guessed Howie would be the first?" he jokes.

"First to get married?"

"Yeah. I always thought it would be Marcus." he says.

"Marcus is too mean to keep a girl." I say and we both laugh.

"Maybe if he had a girl he wouldn't be so mean." Justice says with a smile.

I hear a chair scoot across the floor in the kitchen.
    Screenshot-80-1.jpg
    "Mama, you okay?" I hear Darren ask. "Hang on, Katy. Um, I'll call you back later."

Screenshot-81.jpg
    "Mama!" Darren hollers.

Screenshot-82.jpg
    I stand up and turn around to look in the window. Mama has passed out. Darren is next to her in seconds. Daddy jumps up from his chair and kneels down next to her as well.

Screenshot-84.jpg
    As Daddy picks her up, Mama starts to complain, "I'm fine. I'm fine. Just a little tired still."

"Sasha, we need to go see the doctor." Daddy says.

"No, we don't need to go see the doctor. I tell you I'm fine." she sighs. "Why do you always haveta take me to the doctor? It's a waste of time. He'll just say I need to rest."

"You know perfectly well that he said if you have another spell like this to come and see him." Daddy softly scolds.

Screenshot-5-1.jpg
    Justice and I insist upon going with them. Daddy relents and lets us. They get Mama in a room and she goes to sleep real quick.

They tell us the doctor should be in soon, but it feels like forever to me.

I hear the door open, and the doctor walks in.

Screenshot-2-1.jpg
    He looks up and smiles a kind smile, and my knees feel like they've turned to jelly. Ever have a moment when it feels like time has slowed down to a much slower speed and you notice EVERYTHING around you?

Screenshot-7-1.jpg
    Justice walks over and starts talking to him. I don't even hear what they're saying. That doctor's eyes strike away everything else around me to where they're all I notice.

Screenshot-6-1.jpg
    I really hope I'm not being obvious. I just can't stop looking at him.

He's.... beautiful.

I feel my stomach twist in a knot. Fear? Excitement? I have no idea.

Screenshot-10-1.jpg
    He looks over at me, and I feel like I want to faint.

Geez Louise! What is WRONG with me? Stop looking at him!

I try and fail.

Screenshot-11-1.jpg
    He finishes talking to Justice, and Justice starts talking to Daddy. Then, the doctor walks... over.... to.... me! If I weren't literally backed into a corner I might've run away. I want to run away. I don't know why, but I can't seem to control the frantic pace my heart has taken up.

Screenshot-12-1.jpg
    I put a hand to my forehead in an effort to mentally ward him off. I make an extreme effort to control my breathing.

Look at Mama, not me.

He speaks.

"Hi, I'm Doctor Marshall." He reaches to shake my hand and I mutely stare at it and don't move. He smiles and lowers his hand.

Rude, Gloria. Rude.

Screenshot-13-1.jpg
    I force myself to stop looking at his eyes and look away.

"I'm Gloria, Sasha's daughter." I say, but I don't try to renew an effort to shake his hand.

"Are you alright?"

Do your doctoring on my Mama, doctor man. I can't take you near to me like this.

I take in a shaky breath, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little scared."

In more ways than one.

Screenshot-15-1.jpg
    "Don't worry." the doctor says with a smile. "She's going to be okay. This is a nasty set-back, but we'll do what we can to make her well again."

"I don't understand." I say.

Screenshot-18-1.jpg
    "We just don't understand why she's not getting better." he says.

I feel my face screw up in worry.

"But, she's going to be okay?" I ask.

"I'm pretty sure this is just a temporary set back. She just needs to rest some more."

Pretty sure? I need more than pretty sure, Mr. Cute Doctor-Man.

Screenshot-21-1.jpg
    "But, how come you don't know why she isn't getting better as fast as you thought she was going to?" I ask.

I see a look of understanding in his beautiful eyes. "We don't know everything. There is still the occasional case that confuses us. But, I've seen things like this happen in the past and seen people get better."

And seen people NOT get better?

He walks over and checks Mama's vital signs, makes a note on a clipboard, and walks back over to me.

Screenshot-20-1.jpg
    "My office is on the floor right below us if you feel like you need to talk to someone. You look like you're really worried. You don't need to worry. Your mother is going to be fine." he says to me with a smile and a kind voice.

I nod my head.

The doctor walks out into the hallway with my Daddy, and they talk. Daddy comes back in and the three of us sit there staring at each other. We don't sit there long, however. Daddy and Justice head to the cafeteria to find some coffee. I just wander the halls aimlessly. I don't want to be in the hospital room all by myself with Mama. It scares me.

I see an office door with "Dr. Marshall, M.D." on it. I knock on it. His voice says to come in.

Screenshot-23-1.jpg
    "Gloria!" he looks up in surprise.

I don't know why he looks surprised. I don't know what expression is on my face. I kind of feel numb, but I know I'm definitely scared. I wonder if that's why I mindlessly found my way to his office.

"Are you okay?" he asks. "What am I saying? Of course you're not okay. You don't look okay. Have a seat."

Screenshot-25-1.jpg
    I take the chair he indicated. "No, I don't think I'm okay."

His voice is gentle, "What can I do to help?"

Screenshot-24-1.jpg
    "Would you stop beating around the bush and tell me just how sick my Mama is?" I finally get the courage to ask.

His eyes are sad. "Your Mama could get better..."

"Or she couldn't." I finish.

His eyes dart down to his desk, then look back up at me, "Yes. She could die. Your father... asked me not to tell you. I hope you don't tell him I told you anyway. I wasn't going to.... but when asked directly... I'm not going to lie."

I start breathing real fast. Mama could die. Mama could die. Mama could die.

Screenshot-32-1.jpg
    "No. She's not gonna die! Not when we all need her." I stand up real fast and sway on the spot. That irritates me-the swaying. I can't make it stop.

The doctor hops up from his chair and walks around his desk. "You're right! She could just as easily get better! I'm in no way saying give up."

Screenshot-35-1.jpg
    "But you said she could die!" I accuse.

"She could. She also could not. At least your father convinced her to come here so we could watch her and make sure she pulls through this spell."

"Explain what you mean by 'this spell'." I ask.

Screenshot-37-1.jpg
    "We don't really understand what is happening with her. All we can tell is that it's probably a complication from when she had scarlet fever. Her body just can't seem to recover."

You're a doctor! You're supposed to know! What do you mean you don't understand!

Screenshot-44fixed.jpg
    That annoying swaying starts up again. Mr. Doctor-Man looks worriedly at me.

"Gloria? Perhaps you should sit down." he recommends.

"No. I wanna go find my Daddy and get him to tell me what you just told me. How can he say I don't need to know!" I say as the room tilts irritatingly.

Dr. Marshall reaches an arm out to catch me. "Gloria, you need to sit down for a few minutes first. You're hyperventilating."

Of course, I know he's right. "No, I'm not." I say stubbornly. "I wanna go find Daddy."

And you are WAY too close.

"Gloria...." I hear his voice from what sounds like underwater.

Screenshot-50-1.jpg

Screenshot-53-1.jpg
    I fainted.

Dr. Marshall smiles slightly down at me, "Welcome back." He puts something back into his pocket.

"I fainted?" I groan. Oh that makes me so mad! Now he's going to think I'm some weak-kneed woman that swoons at the drop of a hat.

He laughs softly, "Don't be so hard on yourself. It happens."

"Not to me it doesn't!" I argue back.

Screenshot-54-1.jpg
    I move to stand up, but he motions politely for me to stay seated. I mildly glare at him.

"I still need to go find my Daddy." I say stubbornly.

"I took the liberty of sending someone to find either your father or your brother." he says as the door opens.

Screenshot-55-1.jpg
    Justice walks in. I continue my slight glare at the cute doctor.

Screenshot-62-1.jpg
    Justice and Dr. Marshall go and talk quietly to one another. I don't WANT to listen to whatever it is they're saying. I just sit there in the comfy chair and stare at the city lights out the window.

Then we get up to leave. Dr. Marshall pats me on the back and tells me to take it easy. I say nothing to him. I do my best not to look at him. I don't want to see the beautiful eyes of the man that told me my Mama could die.

His eyes make me start thinking of that song "Blue Skies." Great. Now I have that song in my head.

He has beautiful blue sky eyes.

Humph. If he lets my Mama die I'll never forgive him.

Blue Skies by Irving Berlin. This link sung by Ella Fitzgerald.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB-xqDZbEVQ
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited April 2012
    *bump*

Whoops, s'cuze me.
    edited April 2012
    Is that the girl from the science lab that's the girl? I thought that was her, but I wasn't sure.
    Poor Gloria.
    edited April 2012
    sammie512 wrote:
    Is that the girl from the science lab that's the girl? I thought that was her, but I wasn't sure.
    Poor Gloria.

Yeah. hehe. I'm lazy and reuse sims all the time.

Gloria's not going to have it all easy. But really, who wants to hear about a goodie-two-shoes that does? :D
    edited April 2012
    Are You Lonesome Tonight?

(First off, I previously had no idea anyone other than Elvis recorded this song. Well, you learn something new every day, huh? I saw it on a list of songs I looked up, and it caught my eye. Naturally, I had to investigate.)

Screenshot-63-1.jpg
    I sleep on a small couch in the nearby waiting room, and it's time to wake up and head off to school before I know it.

The three of us walk outside and meet Howie and Marian.
    Marian, my future sister-in-law. So strange.
    They ask us how Mama is doing before they head up to see her themselves. Dad and Justice go home to rest some more, but I have to get over my sleepiness and head off to school.

Screenshot.jpg
    So, there it is. The sign up for the musical. C'mon, Gloria. Put your name on the audition list.

I take a deep breath and walk up to the bulletin board.

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Out of the corner of my eye, I see Alicia Carrasco, the drama club president, walk up next to me. I sign my name on the audition sheet.

Words fly out of Alicia's mouth, "You're signing up for the musical! That's just the bee's knees! Wonderful to have another chorus member. I wish I could just sign all y'all up anyway."

Screenshot-6.jpg
    I turn to her a little nervously, "I don't have to put what part I'm looking to get, do I?"

"Nah, that's not necessary. We'll decide who gets what at the audition." she says.

I nod my head and say, "Gotcha."

The bell rings, so it's time for me to go to chemistry again. Alicia and her twin brother, Andrés, are both in my chemistry class as well.

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Them being out yesterday is actually a good thing because that way we had enough stations, though I wouldn't have minded sharing with Rick. So, Alicia and her brother get started on the first part of the lab. The other four of us get ready for the second part. Camilla and I immediately decide to partner up.

Mr. Locke breaks up our happy plans, "No, Camilla and Gloria, I don't want you to be partners. Camilla, group up with Tom and Gloria with Rick."

Screenshot-10.jpg
    Why are teachers always doing junk like that? Camilla and I would make perfect partners, but OH NO we can't have that can we?

I glance in Rick's direction and my heart drops to my stomach again when I see he's looking at me with a mildly happy expression.

Screenshot-13.jpg
    I suppose I gotta go sit next to him since Camilla and Tom are both at this table.

I get up and walk over to Rick's table while Rick looks over at his friend Andrés. Obviously, he'd rather partner with him I'm sure.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    "Hi." I say and look down at the floor.

"Tom, you don't have to sit that close to me! I need," Camilla pushes his chair away forcefully, "elbow room."

"Just making sure we can see each other's papers so we could work well together." Tom answers. I can hear the laughter in his voice. Looks like Tom doesn't mind the arrangement from Mr. Locke.

Screenshot-16.jpg
    (It bothers me that I had her already finish her homework because now it looks like she's just sitting there making him do all the work. Oh well.)

Rick finally looks at me, "Alright, let's get started I guess."

"Okay."

Screenshot-26.jpg
    "Have you heard?" Tom asks Camilla. "My dad's new building is being built! White Tower. It's going to be great! Real futuristic and all."

"That's great, Tom." Camilla responds with irritation clearly evident in her voice. Apparently, she's not impressed with Tom's boasting.

"Yeah." he continues, oblivious to the fact that she's not impressed, "We're going to have an apartment up there on the top floor and everything."

Camilla sighs exasperatedly, "I'm trying to do my work here, Tom. Let's just work on chemistry, okay?"

"Of course!"

Screenshot-20.jpg
    "So, are your brothers still playing at Waylon's Haunt this Saturday?" Rick quietly asks.

Not much has changed since yesterday.

"Yes. And I'm guessing I'll be there. Well, I will be there. I'm an official part of the band now on non-school nights." I smile.

His head pops up from his work and he smiles at me. My heart melts. He has a beautiful smile.

"Really? That's swell, Gloria!" he exclaims. "Now I'll be sure to be there."

And I'll be sure to be extra nervous now.

"I might even bring a few friends along, if that's okay with you?" he asks.

"No problem." I answer.

BIG PROBLEM!!!! Great.... just what I need. A whole slew of kids from school.

There's a mild explosion over at the lab tables that draws our attention.

Screenshot-32.jpg
    Andrés' lab exploded on him. He's immediately sent to the gym to shower off. He's not hurt, but he sure is embarrassed. I can't help but giggle.

Screenshot-33.jpg
    While I'm on my way to chorus, I spot Rick signing up for the musical!

"You're signing up?" I ask him hopefully.

"Sure. Um, Andrés' sister really wants me to. Whatever, right? I saw you did too!" he responds.

I nod. "I thought it was worth a shot."

Yes! This is perfect!

The rest of the day passes without incident. I almost fall asleep in chorus when Dorothy sings for us... again.

I don't go home after school. With Mama not there, it doesn't feel right. So, I go to the hospital instead. I don't stay there long either. I tell Daddy that I'm going to the dome to do my science work. I don't think he really knew what he was saying when he said I could go... by myself.

Screenshot-35-1.jpg
    I love how they turn the lights down so that you can look up and see the stars. It's especially neat when it rains.

I lay there singing to myself. I get stuck on the song "Are You Lonesome Tonight", and I sing it quietly.

"... Do the chairs in your parlor seem empty and bare?
    Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there?
    Is your heart filled with pain?
    Shall I come back again?
    Tell me dear are you lonesome tonight?"

I tap my foot against a palm slowly as I finish the song.

Screenshot-35.jpg
    "Hello, Gloria." Rick almost laughs the words out.

I jerk my eyes in the direction of his voice, and then I see him standing almost right above me, smiling. I sit up real fast to get out of my un-ladylike pose.

How did he sneak up on me like that? I must've been really lost in thought.

"Rick!" I scold. "When did you get here?" I stay seated on the ground.

Screenshot-37.jpg
    He sits down in front of me. "About," he stops to think, "ten minutes ago." I see him smile in the meager light from a nearby streetlamp. "At first I thought they had hired a professional to set a mood for the place, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised to find you here."

Professional?

"Humph." I make a noise of disbelief, but inwardly I'm preening.

"So, what are you doing here?" he asks, still smiling.

"I had to get away from that hospital for a while."

The smile drops off his face. "What? Who's in the hospital?"

"My Mama." I answer. "They don't know what's wrong with her."

Screenshot-36.jpg
    "That's messed up. I thought hospitals were supposed to be good at that." he says.

"No. They don't know from nothing! I'm so mad at those doctors! There my Mama lies sick and they just shrug their shoulders." I wildly wave my arms in the direction of the hospital, imagining I'm slapping a doctor or two around.

Agitated, I get up and start pacing and filling Rick in on everything that's happened. Occasionally I stop and hold my tired head before turning around to walk the other way. Rick gets up and walks over to sit on a nearby bench.

Screenshot-46.jpg
    "Baby, why don't you sit down before you make yourself ill." he calls to me from the bench.

Where did he hear that nickname? Probably Camilla.

Deciding what he said makes sense, I go and sit down next to him.

"I'm really sorry to hear about your Mama. I hope she gets better." he says with a sincere look on his face.

Screenshot-45.jpg
    His voice sounds agitated now, "Why is that all the good parents have to have bad things happen to them and the rotten ones continue to ... " He lets out an irritated noise.

Screenshot-43.jpg
    My, that's a loaded statement.

I look over at him. "So. Why are you here?"

"My old man." He sighs. "I hate it when his buddies come over for poker night. He gets drunk. Angry drunk. I had to escape that tonight."

"I'm sorry you gotta deal with that." I say sympathetically.

Screenshot-40.jpg
    "Well? I can't do anything about it, can I? I can't wait until I can move out. I've got to live with him until I graduate. Then I'll go get a job and get my own place." he says with his elbows on his knees.

"Oh nuts! What time is it?" I ask.

He chuckles and sits up. "No idea. It was about 10 when I finally walked out."

"Thrill. That's all we need is a cop to come across us being out after curfew." I look around nervously.

Screenshot-50.jpg
    He grins over at me, "Well, if I'm going to have a partner in crime I'm glad it's you."

I stop glancing around nervously and settle my shocked gaze on him. He laughs.

"Shh!" I wave my hands up and down. "Pipe down!"

He keeps laughing. "You weren't worried until a second ago, what gives?"

"I just can't believe I let time creep up on me like that." I say abashedly.

Screenshot-51.jpg
    "Time flies when you're having fun, right?" he says as he scoots the rest of the way across the bench towards me.

Uh, how did this happen? Did he do this on purpose? I think he did. He likes me? What's this all about?

Screenshot-52.jpg
    "Time sure is flying for me right now." he says.

Butterflies explode in my stomach. Or that chemical reaction with sodium and water. My heart flies. As many times as I've imagined this I never thought it would actually happen! Now that it has I don't know what to do!

Screenshot-53.jpg
    "You know," he starts up again, "that song you were singing. What was it called again?"

I manage to keep my voice calm-a miracle. "It's called 'Are You Lonesome Tonight?'"

"Yes, I am."

My head pops over to look at him in shock.

Screenshot-54.jpg
    "That's the name of the song." I clarify.

"It caught my attention. I wonder what made you sing that song? Are you lonesome tonight, Gloria?" his face gets closer and closer to me.

He's going to kiss me! Whoa! I am not that kind of girl, and he's barking up the wrong tree if that's what he thinks!

Screenshot-56.jpg
    "Whoa, there! Bank's closed, mister!" I blurt out before his lips reach mine. I have to literally push him away.

"What?!? What's wrong, doll baby?" he asks in a confused and hurt tone.

Screenshot-58.jpg
    "Did I do something wrong?" he asks.

The nerve of him!

"I'm not like that." I say simply.

Screenshot-60.jpg
    "Maybe I'm mistaken. I thought this is what you wanted. I thought I was reading you right." he tries to explain.

"Not like this." I start to get up. His hands grab my forearms. I roughly brush them off of me.

Screenshot-63.jpg
    "I'll just make my way home now." I say without looking back at him.

Screenshot-65.jpg
    "Want me to walk you to the subway?" he asks quietly.

"No thank you." I say in as polite a manner as I can manage.

Screenshot-66.jpg
    I start to walk away.

"Gloria!" I hear behind me. "Wait up!"

I don't stop walking.

Screenshot-67.jpg
    "Please?" he begs.

I stop walking and slowly turn around.

Screenshot-71.jpg
    I can't look at him right now. I can't let him see just how much that almost-kiss affected me.

"I'm sorry." he says. "I just... I like you, Gloria. And... I thought you liked me too. I guess I was wrong."

"Yes, I like you, Rick."

"Really?!" he says real fast.

Screenshot-70.jpg
    I look up now to see a wide grin on his face.

"You like me?" he asks to clarify once more.

I want the earth to swallow me up again. "Yes." is all I can get out.

"But then..." he gestures to the bench.

"I'm not that kind of girl."

"To kiss someone on a park bench?" he asks incredulously.

"Not right off the bat like that." I answer, my voice steady now.

Understanding finally reaches his eyes.

"Sorry." he says again. This time I know he means it.

"I'll... I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

He sighs, "Sure."

Screenshot-74.jpg
    I walk off to the subway, hoping I don't run into the police, to make my way home.

Are You Lonesome Tonight by Lou Handman and Roy Turk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo-CcjPpE4Y
  • Crystal_clear16Crystal_clear16 Posts: 49
    edited April 2012
    okay. I love Gloria for not kissing Rick. I don't know why lol. I'm looking forward to your next update. :)
    edited April 2012
    okay. I love Gloria for not kissing Rick. I don't know why lol. I'm looking forward to your next update. :)

:D

Even though she has been "stuck on" Rick for quite a while now, she still doesn't want to be "that kind of girl". (quite a change after Elena haha.) That refusal was a mix of fear of the unknown, fear of being alone with him, fear of getting caught by the police, fear of him getting the wrong idea... etc etc. She panicked! She also has alot of self-respect.

What I think is cool is that Rick didn't immediately write her off just because she wouldn't kiss him. That hadn't happened to him before....

I've got the pics for the next 2 updates, so I'm looking forward to writing them!

Thanks for reading! :)
    edited April 2012
    double post

So I'll just say something cool that happened. Mr. Bumble was the ACTUAL guy that the game selected as the one to give them their next gig. I thought that was cool.
    edited April 2012
    Ain't Misbehavin'

Screenshot-4.jpg
    It's Saturday and me and my brothers have a gig at this place again. This is my first time to sing almost the whole thing. They'll let me take little breaks while they mess around some, but I'm going to be singin ALOT.

I'm nervous. Of course I'm nervous!

Screenshot.jpg
    I stand there watching my brothers warm up when HE walks in. I see him out of the corner of my eye.

He's been talking about coming to watch me all week. I kept telling him he didn't HAVE TO come, but he wouldn't hear of it.

He hasn't tried anything like he did last Tuesday since then. He asked me to sit with him in chemistry, so Camilla and I both went to sit at his table. It was a crowded table for a few days before Mr. Locke intervened. He separated me and Camilla. Now she has to sit with Tom along with a few others while I still sit with Rick. Mr. Locke is not Camilla's favorite person since that development.

Screenshot-2.jpg
    Before I have a chance to go talk to him, I'm overcome with shock as DOROTHY walks in. What is that dumb Dora doing here? I never invited her. Did Rick?

I know that she could come anyway, but honestly, this place doesn't get much business. I don't expect many people to show up tonight.

Screenshot-3.jpg
    My brothers start warming up as I notice a small problem. Small as in... me. I'm too short for the microphone.

This is embarrassing.

Screenshot-6.jpg
    We open with "Anything Goes" because I want to get it over with. It's alot of words in a small space of time and I'm worried I won't remember them all. Rick smiles at me. I wink back at him.

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Whoa. Mr. Locke?! HE showed up? And... this place is getting a little more business... a little more crowded... Rick, what did you do?

I look at him with my eyes wide and gesture to him in between songs about the size of the crowd that's forming. His face breaks out into a huge grin. I don't know whether to be angry or grateful for what he's done.

He's obviously trying to get on my good side.

Screenshot-7.jpg
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Dorothy again, didn't I? Well, she stands there, right in front of me, the whole time. I bet she wishes she were up here, or is this too low-brow for her?

Screenshot-11.jpg
    Things are going pretty good. I take a small break and hit the john. When I get back I see the waitress walk over into the hidden corner with a tray and a drink. So, there's yet another person in the corner over there. Well, good. Obviously they didn't come to hear us, but just to relax.

My brothers start up on "Ain't Misbehavin'", one of my favorites. I smile and start singing.

"No one to talk with
    All by myself
    No one to walk with
    But I'm happy on the shelf
    Ain't misbehavin'
    I'm savin' my love for you
    I know for certain
    The one I love
    I'm through with flirtin'
    It's just you I'm thinkin' of
    Ain't misbehavin'
    I'm savin' my love for you"

Screenshot-12.jpg
    While I'm singing, I see a man get up and walk out from the corner. He stops and watches us with his hands in his pockets. I can't really make him out because of the brim of his hat shading his face, but I don't worry about it.

"Like Jack Horner
    In the corner
    Don't go nowhere
    What do I care?
    Your kisses are worth waitin' for
    Believe me"

Screenshot-13.jpg
    The man in the back takes his hands out of his pockets, looks up and smiles. I recognize him... It's Mr. Cute Doctor-man!

Screenshot-13-1-1.jpg
    I miss a cue as everything in the room fades out except him. Justice looks over at me, confused and wondering what's eatin me. I just shake my head a little at him and come in after the turn around.

"I don't stay out late
    Don't care to go
    I'm home about eight
    Just me and my radio
    Ain't misbehavin'
    Savin' my love for you"

Screenshot-25.jpg
    I try to calm myself enough to finish the song as best I can. I just can't take my eyes off of him.

Screenshot-14.jpg
    He smiles a small smile when he sees me looking at him.

"Like Jack Horner
    In the corner
    Don't go nowhere
    What do I care?
    Your kisses are worth waitin' for
    Believe me"

Screenshot-24.jpg
    I suddenly don't much like these lyrics now. I try to look at Rick instead of him, but it doesn't work much. Then, Mr. Doctor-man moves to stand with the crowd.

Screenshot-18.jpg
    At least he's standing near Rick now. That makes it easier. I'm used to staring at Rick.

"I don't stay out late
    Don't care to go
    I'm home about eight
    Just me and my radio
    Ain't misbehavin'
    Savin' my love for you
    Ain't misbehavin'
    Savin' my love for you"

Screenshot-20.jpg
    That dern song finally ends. Next, my brothers start up "The Man I Love", and I want to strangle Howie for picking it.

Screenshot-26.jpg
    We do a couple more songs, and the gig is over. People cheer, and I want the earth to swallow me whole. Funny, it never does.

Mr. Doctor-man doesn't cheer. He just smiles at me.

Screenshot-28.jpg
    Incidentally, I find another reason why Dorothy was standing so close the entire time. I think she has a crush on my brother Howie.

Sorry sweetheart, he's not for you.

A little after this, Darren walks up to me and asks about her. Then he goes to talk to her.

Screenshot-42.jpg
    Dr. Marshall walks up to me after he makes his way through the small crowd.

"Gloria!" he exclaims. "I didn't know you could sing! That was incredible!"

I feel myself blush. "Thank you. Yeah, I sing with my brothers when it's not a school night." Ugh, I feel like such a kid saying that!

Screenshot-37.jpg
    "You have a beautiful voice." he says simply.

A jolt of something like adrenaline shoots through me. I do my absolute best to hide it. "That's what my brothers say, but it's just a voice. Just happens to belong to me."

About this time, Darren gets slapped across the face. I wonder what he said? The other three guys laugh at him. What are brothers for, right? Besides, what's he doin' messin' with a girl my age?

Screenshot-35.jpg
    "What was that all about?" Dr. Marshall asks me, talking about Darren.

I laugh. "Oh, Darren's always doing stuff like that. I have an ounce more respect for Dorothy now, and that's really saying something because I can't stand her."

He looks over at Darren getting chewed to the bone by Dorothy. Yep, she's definitely a soprano with those notes she's hitting. I turn around and notice Darren actually smiling like he's enjoying it. Weirdo.

I hear Rick laughing behind me. People seem to be entertained by the pair of them. I turn my head back around to Dr. Marshall.

Screenshot-32.jpg
    "So," he asks me, "is this what you're planning to do after high school?"

I nod. "I'd like to, but who knows, right? I love it. And my brothers are meeting with Mr. Bumble from Vinyl Spins this week sometime. I hope all goes well with that."

"What about you, though?" he asks.

"Well, I'm too young ain't I? Mama and Daddy will have to look it over for me."

He speaks quietly as if really speaking to himself, "Oh yeah. That's right."

There's an enthusiastic voice suddenly behind me. "Gloria, that was fantastic!" Rick shouts. He grabs hold of my hand, spins me around and starts spontaneously dancing with me.

Screenshot-47.jpg
    I laugh at his silliness, and start dancing along with him. I'm glad the gig is over. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but it was a little nerve-wracking.

Ain't Misbehavin' by Fats Waller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DfGHBO2omw

(This one by The Muppets hehe. It's great.)

(The lyrics as I listed them was the way Ella Fitzgerald sang it.)
    edited April 2012
    mypalsim1's Wedding Follies (/cry)
    (Okay, this is the worst wedding of the century. I had it all planned out, but the sims obviously had other plans. First of all, I wanted it to be close to, but not at, sunset. So, I planned for it to start at 2... makes sense, right? Of course it does! BUT Marian decides to go and talk to Demetrius and apparently is so wrapped up in that that she ignores Howie's attempts to get her to the wedding arch. I finally have to "teleport here" them over to the wedding arch. Well, by that time the sun had almost gone down: )

Screenshot-51.jpg
    (So, phew. They're there. Maybe I can still get the shots I want. NOPE! They just hang out at the arch.

Oh, and by the way, the guests are getting BORED. Let's see... there's 4 instruments in the garage and with a full house I can't seem to keep every family member off every one of them for more than about 2 seconds. Well, then, of course, everyone else HAS to go and listen to them play because otherwise that would just be wrong, right? :roll: )

Screenshot-53.jpg
    (So, they stand there....)

Screenshot-54.jpg
    (and stand there....)

Screenshot-56.jpg
    (and stand there. Sims are slowly... and I mean slowly!.. making their way to the chairs. Of course, very few ACTUALLY SIT IN THEM!)

Screenshot-57.jpg
    (Then it gets dark. Here's where I start to get mad. Before, I was just like, "eh, it's sims. stuff happens.")

Screenshot-58.jpg
    (I'm wondering if I can still get good shots by the moonlight....
    Nope. Not much moonlight tonight. Besides, how the heck do I explain in a story them standing there for that long period of time????)

Screenshot-60.jpg
    (SO, I angrily plop down some streetlamps. They FINALLY start up the ceremony. Guests are already leaving saying what a crappy party it was.)

Screenshot-62.jpg
    (Yada yada yada... insert melancholy sweet stuff here.)

Screenshot-64.jpg

Screenshot-65.jpg

Screenshot-66.jpg

Screenshot-67.jpg
    (They really do make a cute couple... :) )

Screenshot-68.jpg
    Mr. and Mrs. Howard Love.

Screenshot-69.jpg
    I can't believe my brother is... married... and he's gonna... leave home.. and... stop taking pictures of me like this!!

Screenshot-71.jpg
    (Everybody.. all together now.... "Awwwwwwww."

Okay. So. I sent Mama over to set up the buffet table. I don't know why. It's a waste of money, but they do still have 3 or 4 guests to feed so $250 should cover it, right?

Oh yeah, AND I was gonna put some bit about Darren and Dorothy here again, but w/e [insert Darren and Dorothy drama here].)

Screenshot-74.jpg
    (So then I realize NOW that I put the cake and table to where the guests would see the bride and groom's backside as they cut the cake. Whoops. Also, by this point, I'd pretty much given up getting what I wanted anyway so I didn't bother to move them.

Then, before they even cut the cake, Daddy goes off and pees right in front of the buffet table. The few remaining guests leave, disgusted. Family members, unfortunately, couldn't leave. I'm sure they would've if given the choice.

/cry :lol: :roll: /sigh in exasperation

So... yeah. Bad wedding, but for the story's sake it's in here. Cuz well, I need to put they're married. Also, I just had to share my miserable frustration with you. :D )
    edited April 2012
    Alrighty, these next bits I've written slowly as I went along. I think now is the right time to officially put them in. There are no songs attached because he doesn't think in songs like some of us do.
    edited April 2012
    Mr. Doctor-man part 1

Screenshot-4-1-1.jpg
    I'm somewhat of an outcast in my family, and when I come across a large, close-knit family unit, like with my current patient's family, I am always envious.

You always hear about parents that are SO PROUD of their son becoming a doctor. Not so with my parents. They'd hoped I'd take over the law firm from my father. I'm just NOT INTERESTED. To be honest, the very thought of being a lawyer bores the hell outta me. I feel like I could do more for the world by being a doctor. Doctor.... Lawyer.... Doctor... Lawyer.... you'd think Mom and Dad would still be proud. No. I get ostracized. I finally left that smaller town for Bridgeport.

Here, I'm just a nameless face in the crowd. Nobody expects anything from me or for me to act a certain way. They just want me to do my job, and I do my best.

However... my latest patient has me utterly confounded, and she's back in the hospital.

Screenshot-3-1.jpg
    Oh, these must be two of her children, I think to myself after I see Mr. Love sitting in the chair by the door but do not recognize the other two individuals present.

The one whom I guess is one of the sons pops his head up to look at me the second the door opens. I see about a million questions in his eyes. I'm used to that.

I also see the one-and-only daughter Mrs. Love had mentioned before. She doesn't look up, but keeps her eyes on her mother. That is, at first that's what she does. She looks up and I see worry etched all over her pretty face. I smile a little to wordlessly reassure her.

Screenshot-8-1.jpg
    The son, who introduces himself as Justice, asks his "million questions" that I saw written on his face moments before. I answer them all to the best of my ability. I can tell the young man is very intelligent from the questions he asks. I gather that he has read up on his mother's condition. I so long to tell him 'your guess is as good as mine', but I assume that would be frowned upon. The most I can do for his mother is treat the symptoms that keep cropping up again and again no matter what we do.

Screenshot-9-1.jpg
    As he speaks to me, I cannot help but notice the daughter as her solemn eyes watch me.

Screenshot-6-1-1.jpg
    Those eyes.

I have to ask Justice to repeat his latest question, and I diligently try to answer it. He doesn't appear satisfied with my answer and begins talking to Mr. Love.

I feel slightly accosted by those amber eyes. For some reason, I feel like getting down on my knees and begging for forgiveness. I know not what from.

I need to meet her, I think to myself as I make my way over to her. I'm sure she'd like to talk to me about her mother as well. Why else come to the hospital?

Screenshot-11-1.jpg
    Somehow I cannot completely convince myself that this is the only reason I feel the urge to talk to her.

Her eyes dart around real fast, and she suddenly reminds me of a small rabbit that at any moment could spring away without warning. I almost wonder if my coming over here has anything to do with her expression, but I quickly dismiss the idea. She's just worried about her mother.

Screenshot-12-1-1.jpg
    I walk up, introduce myself and hold out my hand for a handshake. She stares mutely at my hand, almost like she's forgotten what to do with it. Her adorable little face has the funniest blank look on it. I can't help but chuckle internally. I immediately berate myself. Can't you see she's scared? The last thing she needs is to have someone laugh at her about her momentarily lapse in brain function. I lower my hand, and I see her appear to take her turn in mental berating.

She finally tells me her name is Gloria. I had just assumed I was going to call her Miss Love. Gloria. The name suits her.

I work on reassuring her, but I'm not sure I am very successful at it. She appears even more worried now thanks to me.

Screenshot-21-1.jpg
    Why must I always explain that medicine is not an exact science? Sometimes we just can't figure something out. I really wish I could. Right now I'd love nothing more than to wipe that look of worry off of her face.

I go and check on her mother. The nurse earlier had written down a low blood pressure for her. I check it again. It's a bit higher, but still a tad too low. She'll have to stay overnight again.

I get up and reassure Gloria again and tell her that my door is open if she needs to talk. Then I go outside to talk to Mr. Love and tell him his wife needs to stay overnight. He doesn't look pleased. He also asks me to not tell Gloria about her mother. He doesn't want her to worry. I don't agree with his decision. I think Gloria needs to know, but I'm not her parent. So, I hold my tongue with this opinion.

Screenshot-29-1-1.jpg
    I head back to my office after seeing a few other patients. I can't get over the fact that I can't figure out what the hell is wrong with Mrs. Love. Something appears to be attacking her from the inside out. I'd like to blame this on her previously serious case of scarlet fever a few years ago, but I'm not so sure anymore. She just keeps getting weaker.

Screenshot-3-1.jpg
    I sit down at my desk and put my head in my hands dejectedly. I ponder Mrs. Love for a few moments, but visions of the daughter's face fly before my mind's eye. It isn't long until they take over completely. All I can see is the look of confused worry again and again, and oh, how I wish I could just make it all better!

I slam my fists down on the desk as, simultaneously, a knock sounds on my door.

"Come in!" I say, thinking it's a nurse.

Screenshot-23-1.jpg
    I hear very light, unsure footsteps come across the tiles and onto the rug. My look of curiosity turns into surprise as I say, "Gloria!"

She looks blankly back at me. She looks like she's in shock. Did her father finally relent and tell her?

Concerned, I ask, "Are you okay?" Dumb question, Eric. "What am I saying? Of course you're not okay. You don't look okay. Have a seat." The words fly out of my mouth as that almost desperate need to 'make it all better' resurfaces with a vengeance.

She solemnly sits in the chair I suggested.

Screenshot-27-1.jpg
    "No, I don't think I'm okay." she finally speaks.

At last, I can help. "What can I do to help?" I ask.

She looks me directly in the eye, and I see the soon-to-be adult shining through as she asks me point-blank, "Would you stop beating around the bush and tell me just how sick my mama is?"

Too young to be having to show the world a strong backbone, I think as she sits erect in the chair, staring me down. But at least it looks like she doesn't have to do it much, because I can tell she's about to collapse.

"Your mama could get better..." I start to say and pause. I can't figure out what to say next to obey her father's wishes.

"Or she couldn't." she finishes for me. Her eyes desperately tell me to contradict her.

I can't. I simply cannot tell this girl a lie when she asks me straightforwardly like that. "Yes. She could die. Your father..." is going to have my hide"...asked me not to tell you. I hope you don't tell him I told you anyway. I wasn't going to... but when asked directly... I'm not going to lie."

She looks down at the rug and starts to look paler. She's breathing fast. I'm glad she's sitting because....

Screenshot-33-1-1.jpg
    ...she could faint.

She stands up very fast and almost yells, "No. She's not gonna die! Not when we all need her."

I hop up from my chair and walk around my desk as quickly as I can manage without alarming her. She sways back and forth, but obstinately remains standing.

"You're right!" I say, hoping to calm her down. "She could just as easily get better! I'm in no way saying give up."

Screenshot-34-1.jpg
    I work at reassuring her some more as best I can, watching her like a hawk. I don't believe she even realizes how much she needs to sit back down. I also can't help but admire how hard she's fighting it. Still...

Screenshot-45fixed.jpg
    She tilts sideways at such an angle that I reach out to stop her.

"Gloria?" I ask. "Perhaps you should sit down."

She shakes her head. "No. I wanna go find my Daddy and tell him to tell me what you just told me. How can he say I don't need to know!"

I realize you have a backbone of steel, but there's only so much oxygen deprivation you can take.

"Gloria, you need to sit down for a few minutes first. You're hyperventilating." I say helpfully.

She glares at me. "No, I'm not. I wanna go find Daddy."

Screenshot-42-1.jpg
    She rights herself, so I take my hand off of her shoulder. My entire vision is filled with her lovely face. Then, just as I think she's regained control of herself, she starts to collapse.

Screenshot-47-1.jpg
    "Gloria!" I say as I reach out to catch her before she falls any farther.

At last, she starts breathing normally again. It's a pity it took her fainting to do it. I carefully take a few steps and gently place her back into the chair.

Screenshot-52-1.jpg
    I stand up and look down at her. I didn't do such a great job putting her in the chair. She looks like she could fall out of it. Should I try and adjust her?

That nurse I expected earlier knocks on the door now. She walks in, looks down in the chair, and then looks at me with a questioning expression.

"Her father is Demetrius Love. Please go find either him or her brother Justice." I ask her. She nods and leaves. At the moment, I don't care what it is the nurse needed when she came in here.

Screenshot-50-1.jpg
    I reach up under Miss Love's shoulders and lift her a little. Then I reach around to better position her head.

She should've awakened by now. I get out some smelling salts. It's been a little while since I've had to use them.

Screenshot-54-1.jpg
    She wakes up, and immediately I know she's going to be fine because she glares at me. I can't help but smile back. I really can't help it! She really looks angry that she fainted!

I work very hard to keep myself from laughing. "Welcome back." I say and put my salts back into my pocket.

"I fainted?" she asks with a groan.

I can't stand it anymore! I laugh just a little. It escaped. "Don't be so hard on yourself. It happens."

"Not to me it doesn't!" she pipes back at me.

I have no doubt about that.

About that time her brother comes into my office. I walk him away from Miss Love to tell him what just happened. He asks me a few more questions, and then the two of them leave. She glares slightly at me as she walks out. Once the door closes, I chuckle to myself in spite of the frustrating situation.
    edited April 2012
    Mr. Doctor-man part 2

Screenshot-2-1.jpg
    The rest of the week drags along, and it's finally Saturday. The sun is setting earlier and earlier every day. I get off at six, and it's already dark by the time I get home.

I make myself a drink and stand on my balcony, thinking. I think about everyone I've helped this week. Yet, the ones I couldn't haunt me, especially Mrs. Love.

Screenshot-1.jpg
    MISS Love's glare bothers me. It's no longer as funny as it was when it was fresh on my mind. How can a little slip of a girl bother me this much?

It's those damnable eyes glaring at me like she blames me personally for her mother being sick! That's what bothers me most.

Ugh! I need to get out of this quiet house!

I put my glad rags on and head down to a nearby joint. I hear a live band playing as I walk in, but I don't look up.

Screenshot-5-1.jpg
    I sit myself down to where I'm staring at a corner.

This is what I need. Noise.

Screenshot-6-1.jpg
    I am NOT a failure. Shut up, Mom and Dad. Your son is not a quack. Just because YOUR doc is a leech-lover doesn't mean I have to be.

Geez, Eric. You came here to relax.

Screenshot-8-1.jpg
    I deliberately refuse to think about the irony of my putting a concerted effort into relaxing. I work on clearing my mind and just listening to the band. It doesn't sound like they're playing any specific song, and there's no singing. I had thought I'd heard singing from the sidewalk before I walked in. It's possible the singer is taking a break. They do that, I guess.

They're pretty good. This is better.

Screenshot-9-2.jpg
    What? I think as I see a small figure walk out of the hall where the restrooms are. It couldn't be.

Then I hear singing.

Surely, mine eyes doth deceive me.

Screenshot-11-1.jpg
    I have to check this out.

I get up and walk out from behind the small wall that hid the crowd from me.

Screenshot-12-1.jpg
    Well I'll be 🐸🐸🐸🐸! It's the Love family. Gloria is singing. Why have Mr. and Mrs. Love never mentioned their children had a band? I guess it never came up.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Nice song.

I smile as the silky/velvety voice Gloria has washes over me.

So this is what she looks like when she's not glaring.

Screenshot-14.jpg
    I smile a little more as she glances at me. She doesn't recognize me.

Then I see her eyes flash back to me and widen slightly in recognition. I can't help but grin and think, Surprise!

Screenshot-15.jpg
    I come out of hiding since I've been recognized anyway, and walk over to join the crowd of mostly teenagers.

I see her glare at her brother at the piano when he starts up the next song.

Screenshot-24-2.jpg
    She keeps glancing over at me and acting nervous. That makes me feel bad for her, but if I go back to my corner she might think I was deliberately avoiding her.

They play a few more songs. As she sings, she keeps smiling at a boy standing in front of me. She has a crush on him. Cute.

Screenshot-35.jpg
    When they finish, the small crowd cheers, and I smile at their antics. I make sure to go talk to Gloria to tell her what a great job she did. For the first time ever, she actually smiles at me. She has a pretty smile.

A small disturbance happens not long after that as one of the brothers has apparently said something crude to one of Gloria's schoolmates. What are you doing flirting with a teen, young man? I think as I look over at him. I blink a few times as I realize that their ages aren't really that far apart after all. In fact, in a few years no one would bat an eye.

Screenshot-32.jpg
    Thinking about the next few years, I ask Gloria what she plans on doing after high school. Does she want to pursue a singing career? She acts like she's considering it. I hope she does, her voice is beautiful.

Screenshot-47.jpg
    Gloria suddenly gets swung around by the boy she had been smiling at. They start dancing, and I'm forgotten. That's fine I guess.

Screenshot-14-1.jpg
    I stay at the place even after the crowd leaves. It feels so quiet in here now.

The brother and the schoolmate as a couple keeps popping into my head. The whole of it makes me uncomfortable. Why? It's not as if it's uncommon. Maybe it's because the girl is Gloria's age.

Screenshot-13-1.jpg
    I gaze over at the part of the stage that Gloria owned while she was up there. I take a large swallow of my juice and shake off some disturbing thoughts. I pay the tab and head home.
    edited April 2012