Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confused And Very Angry

I have a question if this is a stuff pack then why is it £24.99

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited April 2012
    Royalties to Katy Perry.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2012
    sue6661 wrote:

I would say insulting things but I've no wish to get banned, so I'm just going to agree with CLP and say that Ms Pop Star needs her cut of the profits.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2012
    It's also much bigger than other Sims 3 stuff packs.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited April 2012
    Arletta wrote:
    sue6661 wrote:

I would say insulting things but I've no wish to get banned, so I'm just going to agree with CLP and say that Ms Pop Star needs her cut of the profits.

:thumbup:
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited April 2012
    The official answer is that it includes more stuff than the others.

But yeah, what the others said. It has KP's name on it. They have to pay for that.
    edited April 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    It's also much bigger than other Sims 3 stuff packs.

That's a blooming silly reason for sticking an extra £15 on the price of it, Reg. Normal cost of a SP to me is £9.99. The cost of this oh so exclusive so much bigger pack to me would be £24.99.

They said Showtime was bigger too. Nobody stuck a £15 surcharge on it. An extra £5 for the KP edition, I believe. May even have been £10.

We're paying all that extra because it's got Katy Perry's darned name on it, not because it's bigger.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited April 2012
    And i bet the extra they are charging does not all go to her i bet Ea keeps a nice fat chunk of that for their own greed .
  • SimGuruJennSimGuruJenn Posts: 69 New Member
    edited April 2012
    The price for this pack is because it's a special edition that we're calling a 'mega stuff' or 'super stuff' pack. It has a lot more content than a standard Stuff Pack.
    edited April 2012
    The price for this pack is because it's a special edition that we're calling a 'mega stuff' or 'super stuff' pack. It has a lot more content than a standard Stuff Pack.

Once again, meaning no disrespect, but that isn't a reason. You guys could've kept us in the UK in keeping with the US. $30 USD = £15 approx. I'd even have been happy enough to pay £18. There's no way I can justify paying £24.99 no matter what you tell us.

Sorry. I'm done ranting now.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited April 2012
    Arletta wrote:

Once again, meaning no disrespect, but that isn't a reason. You guys could've kept us in the UK in keeping with the US. $30 USD = £15 approx. I'd even have been happy enough to pay £18. There's no way I can justify paying £24.99 no matter what you tell us.

Sorry. I'm done ranting now.

:thumbup:
  • sue6661sue6661 Posts: 180 Member
    edited April 2012
    Mega stuff pack my **** you are just getting greedy plain and simple i have bought every sim ep and sp from day one of the sims and im not happy about this it should be no more then £15.00 :thumbdown:
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited April 2012
    IIRC didn't someone count up the items and there were only 2 extra? I can't find the thread now but someone counted.
    So much for a super pack. Then again, some people will believe anything. I expect that is what EA is banking on.
    Also from what I've been told, SHT did have a bit of extra content - and all of it was career related and not much use generally.
    Certainly nothing that justifies and extra $15. :roll:
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited April 2012
    Does that mean that this will only be on sale for a limited time?
    edited April 2012

Hi Simguru Jenn I'm looking foward to your walkthru next week.
  • TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 Member
    edited April 2012
    Ouch.. :x You guys need to calm down! It is a choice ya know! No need to shout at GuruJenn! She didn't make the Price.

@SimGuruJenn Can you accept my request?
    edited April 2012
    TINA180 wrote:
    Ouch.. :x You guys need to calm down! It is a choice ya know! No need to shout at GuruJenn! She didn't make the Price.

@SimGuruJenn Can you accept my request?

Whilst I do understand that, I doubt marketing is going to put in an appearance and try and convince us of the same.
  • Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2012
    people from u.k complaining about 25gbp price, danes gotta pay 249kr, which is around 27gbp, 2gbp more than you guys, you don't see them coming here ******** about it.
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited April 2012
    Double Post oops ;-).
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited April 2012
    Sadly SimGuruJenn had to face the brunt of that, although I doubt she has anything to do with the pricing.

I believe I counted out at about ten items more than the regular stuff pack amount but I have no more information than anyone else so am probably wrong.

SimGuruJenn maybe an accurate count would satisfy some people?

Could the Katy Perry vomit era just be over please? When can we get back to the real Sims?
    edited April 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:
    people from u.k complaining about 25gbp price, danes gotta pay 249kr, which is around 27gbp, 2gbp more than you guys, you don't see them coming here ******** about it.

lol. Do the dutch have their own area. I'm sure we'll make them welcome if not.
    edited April 2012
    Tina 180 wrote: No need to shout at GuruJenn! She didn't make the Price. @SimGuruJenn Can you accept my request?

Oh gawd... :roll:

The reason it's more is because they have to pay Katy perry as well. So, SimGuruJen can't say it's because it's a "SUPER" pack. If they charged the same amount then how would Katy Perry get paid exactly? So, no, it isn't $10 more because it's a "SUPER" pack. That's just not realistic.

Obviously Katy Perry has to make her cut too and there is no fault in that, but don't act like your fans are dumb and call it a "SUPER" pack please ;-). Even if it was a regular stuff pack you wouldn't be able to charge a normal amount because if you did then how would Katy Perry make her money? The reason it's THAT much more is because she has to get paid too...not a big deal, but don't lie about it please. Let's call a spade a spade :hunf:
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited April 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    I believe I counted out at about ten items more than the regular stuff pack amount but I have no more information than anyone else so am probably wrong.

Ah, it was ten then ?
    Still not enough to warrant such a hike, but there you go.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited April 2012
    I would like to see more super stuff packs like this be sold in the future and I'm talking about all stuff packs.

I like how the team has already released all the pictures of the stuff,venues etc and is already having the walkthru next week.

I wish this was coming out before June though. By the way Jenn I hope you'll do another one of those fashion shows in your walkthru to show off the new outfits from this pack and I can't wait for you to show off one of the new venues.

I hope you all have an unannounced item that will be revealed like with Master Suites. :wink:
    edited April 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    Sadly SimGuruJenn had to face the brunt of that, although I doubt she has anything to do with the pricing.

SimGuruJenn maybe an accurate count would satisfy some people?

Could the Katy Perry vomit era just be over please? When can we get back to the real Sims?

An accurate count wouldn't satisfy me. The only thing that would satisfy me would be putting everyone else in the world cost wise in with America and stop taking us for silly sods.

Also know this isn't going to happen
    edited April 2012
    Maybe this will be a wakeup call to EA? I found the thread that is having people rate how they feel about this expansion interesting. It got a 3 out of 10 and it's not even released yet :shock: .

Like I said before I think the anger from fans towards this expansion isn't about the expansion itself. I think it's that people are fed up due to lack of patching etc...I think this out pour of feeling jiffed and anger says a lot.

As I stated before a good developer can sell water to a fish ;-).