Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too easy... :P

Okay, firstly, this is not a ranting thread. :)

To start, I was so excited about making a long legacy, but after my third generation I'd have a perfect house and a lot of money already -- all that I needed, so it really wasn't fun. In my opinion it's far too easy to make money here.

Two pays should be like enough to cover all the needs and bills, and a LITTLE money aside, however, I think that a family with single pay should BARELY have enough for bills and all, and yet if they have a baby... I also think that the bottles for babies should cost, along with many other things such as taxis, etc. I mean, I have a family with two pays (starting in a career, say somewhere between lvl 1-3) and after working for a week, I have enough for a whole new bedroom! And I've once had 6 kids with only 1 parent working, he was level 4 in business career, and I've never had under §1000...

I think that when starting a career, you should be working for a minimum (like $40 a day) and as you progress you get more money, however, it's too easy to get promotions so I think this should also be changed.

There should also be something that you can lose your money to, other than the Spa and items that you buy deflating in price.

This is supposed to be a challenge, to keep you entertained in a long run, but it's only fun in short term (well, for me and a couple of others at least) because you progress so fast and after a while you have nothing else to do that you haven't done already.

Thank you for spending your time to read this :)

Comments

• ClaudiaVanTrampClaudiaVanTramp Posts: 506 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Quit your job and live a bum life as a writer.

Problem solved :D
  • sim_jpsim_jp Posts: 583 New Member
    edited August 2009

I've already lived as a jobless homeless and survived without a problem...
  • lilyboblilybob Posts: 940 Member
    edited August 2009
    well, I find having a theme in a legacy keeps you interested.

Like experimenting with hair and skin colors or only marrying firefighters or something crazy.

And in my opionion, when you find yourself compleatly bored with a game, it means it is time to take a break for a day or two and go out side or do something productive. just saying. ;-)
  • DanceofmasksDanceofmasks Posts: 1,301 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Eh, I reckon the problem is ... you don't get the "challenge" part.
    Legacy is not about making it through 10 generations.

If that's all you did, you'll get less than 20 points.

Ok, some people don't care about score, but if you're neither scoring nor caring about the drama in the sims' lives, then you're just wasting your time on a pointless exercise.
  • Robodl95Robodl95 Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited August 2009
    Money really is'nt a problem in the legacy challenge really, I have 2 ideas

1. Fulfill all your lifetime wishes they have nothing to do with money
    2. Make as much money as possible to get as many house points
    3. Purchase all of the buildings in town! Be the ruler!
  • HarleyQuinnHarleyQuinn Posts: 950 New Member
    edited August 2009
    lol!! Actually, I was thinking something similar myself. I mean, I'm not finding it TOO easy, just easy. And my 3rd generation is in it's teens. I was remembering the times when something would break and I'd HAVE to try to fix it myself because I had no money. And now I can just buy a new one. LOL
    edited August 2009
    lilybob wrote:
    well, I find having a theme in a legacy keeps you interested.

Like experimenting with hair and skin colors or only marrying firefighters or something crazy.

And in my opionion, when you find yourself compleatly bored with a game, it means it is time to take a break for a day or two and go out side or do something productive. just saying. ;-)
    I know, I'm always outside and when I come home I play sims. But .it's boring because of the said arguments already.

@Dance - I've never actually played the legacy challenge, only living their lives and making children :D
    I've never really been interested in 'making babies with grim reapear' or making ghost babies, etc too.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah the cash does flow freely.

Clothes and cabs should require a cash payment. Maybe EA should add more financial setbacks to the game play. There should be more risk/reward decisions in the game and the possibility of a sim going broke if they makes some bad decisions.

Maybe they factored in taking vacations in this sim economy?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    edited August 2009
    Robodl95 wrote:
    Money really is'nt a problem in the legacy challenge really, I have 2 ideas

1. Fulfill all your lifetime wishes they have nothing to do with money
    2. Make as much money as possible to get as many house points
    3. Purchase all of the buildings in town! Be the ruler!
    O.O How do you purchase all the buildings in town? You mean the 'becoming a partner' and then buying the whole place out? Well I've also never become a partner, but that's like the only thing that I'm still planning to do. And I think you get a share when you become partner of a place...
    lol!! Actually, I was thinking something similar myself. I mean, I'm not finding it TOO easy, just easy. And my 3rd generation is in it's teens. I was remembering the times when something would break and I'd HAVE to try to fix it myself because I had no money. And now I can just buy a new one. LOL
    Haha, that's what's happening to me too. I was like, oh my God I don't even have $50 for repairman so I have to do it myself, and now even if I buy a new one, I'd still have loads of money.
    I was on the 4th generation already actually, but they were children - and their father a sports legend (or whatever it is level 10 in athletic career)
  • DanceofmasksDanceofmasks Posts: 1,301 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Well, the reason us real people get fired etc is 'cos we fail at doing the "proper" thing all the time.
    Sims will fail at life a fair bit too, if you just let them do their own thing.

Just saying ... making them live efficient lives may get them a lot of simoleons, but isn't it more interesting to ...
    Skip a couple days of work to go watch cricket or something?
    Trying to be a forensic cop without any painting ability?
    Think the boss is a ***** and have a few screaming matches?

These things happen .. that's what makes life is interesting.
    If they didn't, life would be bland and boring.
  • HarleyQuinnHarleyQuinn Posts: 950 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah both of my sims were level ten. Sports legend and secret agent. So they were raking in the dough. It's because of the life wants... that's what's making it so easy. You wanna fulfill their desire to become the best at whatever, and with that you get moneh. lol
    edited August 2009
    CK213 wrote:
    Yeah the cash does flow freely.

Clothes and cabs should require a cash payment. Maybe EA should add more financial setbacks to the game play. There should be more risk/reward decisions in the game and the possibility of a sim going broke if they makes some bad decisions.

Maybe they factored in taking vacations in this sim economy?
    I agree. I'd love to see my rich sim bankrupt! :twisted:

And I'd LOVE to see vacations being expensive! :D
  • CharlotteAnneCharlotteAnne Posts: 46 New Member
    edited August 2009

Amen to that! :mrgreen:
    edited August 2009
    Well, the reason us real people get fired etc is 'cos we fail at doing the "proper" thing all the time.
    Sims will fail at life a fair bit too, if you just let them do their own thing.

Just saying ... making them live efficient lives may get them a lot of simoleons, but isn't it more interesting to ...
    Skip a couple days of work to go watch cricket or something?
    Trying to be a forensic cop without any painting ability?
    Think the boss is a ***** and have a few screaming matches?

These things happen .. that's what makes life is interesting.
    If they didn't, life would be bland and boring.
    Well when you said "just let them do their own thing...", well I once did, I thought "Oooh, it would be SO FUN if I just let them live their lives without me doing anything!!" and guess what happened... My sim was phoning his friends all day long until he had to go to work, and when he'd finish, he'd fill all his needs, call his friends again until he's tired and the next day all the same. On saturdays and sundays he'd just be phoning them all the day.
    And it's a bummer our sims can't 'think' of their boss being a *******. I have to be good with my boss all the time, but I guess it's like that in real life too just that you think he's an idiot.
    Yeah both of my sims were level ten. Sports legend and secret agent. So they were raking in the dough. It's because of the life wants... that's what's making it so easy. You wanna fulfill their desire to become the best at whatever, and with that you get moneh. lol
    Yeah...and the worst part is, I always end up getting married to someone rich, for example, I got married to one of the Landgraabs (I didn't know they were THAT rich)...
    edited August 2009

Amen to that! :mrgreen:
    I already answered that, I managed to live a perfect life as a homeless.
  • musicmom11musicmom11 Posts: 1,698 New Member
    edited August 2009
    yeah I too think that money is to easy to come by. They should have to restock the frige like in TS2. Or maybe that tax man cometh :-o
  • snaggesnagge Posts: 158 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i never have enough money :(
    edited August 2009
    musicmom11 wrote:
    yeah I too think that money is to easy to come by. They should have to restock the frige like in TS2. Or maybe that tax man cometh :-o
    Restocking the fridge - definitely. Also, I've had like 6 kids once, so their birthdays were always coming fast, and I've had like 6 leftover cakes in my fridge (come on, you can't spend that!) and the cake doesn't get bad until long time passes so I've had food until they moved out!

And the repoman DOES come.