Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What they need to include in Create A World

-The ability to change sides of a road (We don't want all our cars driving on the right!)
-The ability to place water up above to make a proper river.
-Tunnels
-More default Terrain
-The ability to resize stuff.

what do you think should be added?

Comments

• Options
    SHadowfiend69SHadowfiend69 Posts: 262 Member
    edited April 2012
    -The ability to change sides of a road (We don't want all our cars driving on the right!)
    -Tunnels
    -More default Terrain

You can use the pond tool in super caw for rivers, but hey, Who wants to use that? O-o

I saw some cc for CAW actually that gives you slates or pads? I cant remember.
    But this guy made a short large square thats the same color as terain, in every defult terain EA gives you, And you just build a road under the object. simple as that. looks like a tunnel, acts like a tunnel, but you got to do some non sim routing on long the edges. and I'm pretty sure you cant place lots on them or water
  • Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited April 2012
    -Tunnels
    -More default Terrain

You can use the pond tool in super caw for rivers, but hey, Who wants to use that? O-o

But this guy made a short large square thats the same color as terain, in every defult terain EA gives you, And you just build a road under the object. simple as that. looks like a tunnel, acts like a tunnel, but you got to do some non sim routing on long the edges. and I'm pretty sure you cant place lots on them or water

What is this "Super CAW"?
  • Options
    SHadowfiend69SHadowfiend69 Posts: 262 Member
    edited April 2012
    -Tunnels
    -More default Terrain

What is this "Super CAW"?

CAW has alot of hidden features that IA doesn't include, like the ability to look at the frame work and other stuff. It also unlocks EVERY SINGLE FREEKIN CATALONG ITEM INGAME! so you get like 1000+ metadata stuff.

people have found a way to 'unlock' these features via mods etc. There should be a tut on the faqs located at the top of this forum.
  • Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited April 2012
    Please see the note in the SuperCAW tutorial regarding the Pond Tool though; use it with caution.
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3773916
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    tjstreaktjstreak Posts: 808 Member
    edited April 2012
    The choice seems to come down to (1) either making stuff for yourself, or (2) hope that someday EA makes it for you (fat chance!)

As far as tunnels, I was experimenting with those months ago. For example, I had one downtown, and built a park on top of it:

WIP+2.jpg

Then I built another tunnel, and put a shopping center on top of that one, so the road runs under the shopping center:

Best+Buy+Screenshot.jpg

I also experimented was a simple mountain tunnel, which was nestled right up at the edge of the world and partially on the distant terrain:

Tunnel+Screenshot+3.jpg

Tunnel+Screenshot+4.jpg

Like most of my objects, however, there is no "there" there. There is actually no top surface, so a sim walking on it will just sink to the lower level -- sort of like the problem with overpasses over roads. I just use non-routing paint (along the road) so the sims don't go there.

It actually is incredibly easy to make these tunnels. Earlier, I made cement pads and retaining walls (see the picture of the faux shopping center). The pads and retaining walls are basically cubes which have had vertices stretched and a concrete texture placed on them. To make a tunel, you just place a cement pad over two (or more) retaining walls:

Tunnel+Screenshot+2.jpg

As far as resizing things, it is actually pretty easy to do -- I do it all the time. You extract the mesh from an object, and use the scale function in Milkshape to adjust it to the proper size, then pop it back into a cloned copy of the object.

Roads are going to be more comples. Personally I would like to have some one way roads, but that far exceeds my non-existant programming skills.

• Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited April 2012
    The tunnels look great! I especially like the way you built the park on top. :)
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    CurlykatzCurlykatz Posts: 338 Member
    edited April 2012
    I feel a bit silly asking when you've already half explained, but how did you make those bridges tjstreak? Did you do it in another program like 3ds and then import it in like CC or is it using stuff already in CAW?
    :)
  • Options
    Hippytree13Hippytree13 Posts: 55 Member
    wondering where can i download this tunnel?
    I've been looking for it online and can't find it at all
  • Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    tjstreak said that he made them - don't think they are available to download and I don't think he's in the community anymore.
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    This thread's over five(!!) years old. With that said, let's please be mindful to keep our conversations and questions to active conversations. There may be a more active thread where we can ask about this mod's online home if you're unable to find it. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top