Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Other sims keep laughing at my sim

It's getting really annoying. Even his wife and son are laughing at him and he hasn't got any negative moodlets, his mood is fine and all that good stuff. It's even ruining his shows because people keep getting on the stage to laugh at him. Does anybody know what's so funny about him?

Comments

• RodJTRodJT Posts: 301
    edited April 2012
    Heh this post made me laugh I'm sorry. Has to be some type of glitch. I haven't encountered it before myself. What was your sim doing right when the laughing started? The only time I've really seen sims constantly laugh at another sim is when one shows up at a party in the wrong attire.

Have you tried moving him out of his home then putting him back in? Also maybe try making a copy of him and placing him in a new neighborhood just to see if its him or the neighborhood thats glitched.
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited April 2012
    It's getting really annoying. Even his wife and son are laughing at him and he hasn't got any negative moodlets, his mood is fine and all that good stuff. It's even ruining his shows because people keep getting on the stage to laugh at him. Does anybody know what's so funny about him?

If the performer does not have enough performance experience (not job experience but performance experience) for the venue he is at the crowd and friends and fan will laugh, throw food or ignore the act.

The best thing to do is go back to a lesser venue and perform more where they do not laugh at you until they get more experience and then move up to a higher venue. Then they should react well to your show.

You can get into a venue, get an audition, get the gig but not have enough performance experience to delight the crowds and then you get negative reactions like this.

For example, you could be level 2 and get a park gig but the crowd not like you. This tells you you need more singing telegrams, simfests and practice at home before trying the gig again.

You can stay at the level gig where you are being laughed at and will eventually get good reactions, but in the meantime your relationship with family, friends and fans can drop off so better to go back to a lesser venue until you improve.

• BowserBoy10BowserBoy10 Posts: 74 Member
    edited April 2012
    stormwench wrote:

If the performer does not have enough performance experience (not job experience but performance experience) for the venue he is at the crowd and friends and fan will laugh, throw food or ignore the act.

The best thing to do is go back to a lesser venue and perform more where they do not laugh at you until they get more experience and then move up to a higher venue. Then they should react well to your show.

You can get into a venue, get an audition, get the gig but not have enough performance experience to delight the crowds and then you get negative reactions like this.

For example, you could be level 2 and get a park gig but the crowd not like you. This tells you you need more singing telegrams, simfests and practice at home before trying the gig again.

You can stay at the level gig where you are being laughed at and will eventually get good reactions, but in the meantime your relationship with family, friends and fans can drop off so better to go back to a lesser venue until you improve.
    He's a level 6 acrobat and he was performing at the Coffeehouse in Starlight Shores. It couldn't be that and even if it was that wouldn't explain why his family laughs at him when he's at home
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited April 2012
    have you got late nights has he ever been publicily disgraced cause sims laugh at people who have been caught.
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited April 2012
    It seems like your sims has a little bullying problem. :XD:
    I couldn't help you to save my life. But I found this glitch kinda funny. :D
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited April 2012
    I have had the same issue and it was long before ST. :roll:
  • KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    edited April 2012
    Yes..its sound funny...;-)He could bee a comedian..;-P
  • obSCENExxobSCENExx Posts: 4
    edited April 2012
    If he is a celebrity he might have done something disgraceful, if he isn't then yeah it could probably be a glitch. Hope you find out what it is.
  • BowserBoy10BowserBoy10 Posts: 74 Member
    edited April 2012
    He is a Celebrity but he's only been disgraced once and everyone was laughing at him long before that. His wife isn't a celebrity and nobody laughs at her. If only there was a way to bring down the celebrity status..... right EA?
  • ZombieF1ZombieF1 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I've got this issue too. For me it seems to be linked to being a DJ. Apparently I did it in the worst way possible by learning in public and not bothering with props. At one point circus music started coming from my sim which only stopped when I sent him to a different lot alone. Another time it was some techno music, which seemed to coincide with sims no longer laughing/throwing 2 thumbs up/double face-palm (this was after a long period of not touching DJ booths and refusing gigs). I made the mistake at having another go at DJing and it immediately started happening again. He is a celebrity too (no public disgraces); I may try removing celeb status with Twallan's Master Controller as a last resort.

My sim being seen doing "cool stuff" (like dancing with sims at parties/clubs) seems to help with this, and often seems to coincide with offers of DJ gigs. Not all sims laugh or whatever, some just spam a few thought bubbles of my sim and move on. Sims with the Good trait don't point and laugh.

This issue is extremely obnoxious as the "performance reactions" are constant, top priority and cannot be cancelled which somewhat breaks normal gameplay. My sims's wife is supposed to be doing the acrobat career but I'm going to have to put that on hold too (partly because of the gig relationship bug I've just read about).
  • Bunny_of_Death66Bunny_of_Death66 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited April 2012
    IT could be tied to Traits of the other sims, if sims have the Mean, Diva, Natural Performer trait, and a few others they naturally heckle people. So it sounds like you keep running into hecklers. :)
  • bratny71786bratny71786 Posts: 34
    edited January 2013
    This is happening to my sim :( did you ever find a reason/solution??
  • ozziemaleozziemale Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2013
    yep happens to one of mine no negitive traits i guees but she has the shy trait ..mine is a police officer not a performer tho..ive had that she is someplace and sims will run up to her and laugh her son and husband and butler even laugh..
  • WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    edited January 2013
    Has he recently peed his pants, been slapped or lost a fight or anything in public? Does he have low skills and tried to do something such as performing and failed miserably? If the answer to any one of those is yes, it's probably that. If no, an unfortunate glitch.
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • msmith228msmith228 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I am facing the same problem. It started from the very beginning, so nothing bad happened to him. I have High End Loft Stuff, Master Suite Stuff, and Town Life Stuff and thats it. My sims traits areBrave, Disciplined, Bookworm, Ambitious, and Friendly.
    When he goes to bed, his wife will wake up, get up, and laugh at him. The maid shook his head, his daughter laughs, random strangers laugh. Very weird...and a bit annoying for my other sims to stop everything they are doing just tolaugh
  • IncredibleDesiIncredibleDesi Posts: 176 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I think they're doing the interaction 'Heckle' Just to make sure that its the heckle interaction, do it to another sim. But usually the heckling interaction leaves a negative moodlet.
  • ItzJace001ItzJace001 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the issue as well, but my Sim isn't any kind of performer. He's a surgeon and all the laughing and pointing does apply. He isn't a celebrity and he is in Bridgeport. I am not annoyed exactly, I just want to know what they are laughing for.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    ItzJace001 wrote: »
    I'm having the issue as well, but my Sim isn't any kind of performer. He's a surgeon and all the laughing and pointing does apply. He isn't a celebrity and he is in Bridgeport. I am not annoyed exactly, I just want to know what they are laughing for.

@ItzJace001, maybe they heard a rumor about him that was funny.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited June 2018
    IT could be tied to Traits of the other sims, if sims have the Mean, Diva, Natural Performer trait, and a few others they naturally heckle people. So it sounds like you keep running into hecklers. :)

I agree with you. Some sims laugh at my sims even though my sims are not in the showtime career and had no disgrace either.

• wsteffi30wsteffi30 Posts: 115 Member
    I had that problem in a game I played once but I didn't know what they were laughing at.
  • chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    If I play witch I just set them on fire for punishment. :wink:

Reseting town with nraas can help too, I guess.
  • ChaoticDuskChaoticDusk Posts: 23 Member
    Have you tried resetting the sim? Resetting the town might work too if you have the mods for it.