Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Peggy sim hair help?

Hi, I know theres a lot of threads like this but i need help, and can't find the right answer..

I downloaded a peggy hair fine, it worked in game. But than I downloaded another one and I was putting the Resource.cfg in the root folder or w.e its called, and it asked me to rename it..? If i rename it will it still recognize it as the hair?

Comments

• SlinkyScrapSlinkyScrap Posts: 1,551 Member
    edited August 2009
    You do not need to put another resource.cfg file in your root folder. You only need one.
  • WoahhitshaleyyWoahhitshaleyy Posts: 335 New Member
    edited August 2009
    you only need one of them. this also happended to me and i was completely confused.
  • ShadyXLaineShadyXLaine Posts: 16 Member
    edited August 2009
    Are you asking if it's the hair file you can rename? Because if it's that, then essentially yes.

You can rename it anything you want, just as long as you keep the ".package" part.

EDIT: Oh, nvm... it was about the resource.cfg ^^; Silly me...
  • Mizz_JasmineMizz_Jasmine Posts: 106 New Member
    edited August 2009
    you only need one of them. this also happended to me and i was completely confused.

Thank you. lol
  • WoahhitshaleyyWoahhitshaleyy Posts: 335 New Member
    edited August 2009

Thank you. lol
    your welcome(:
  • unsecretcrushunsecretcrush Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi, I know theres a lot of threads like this but i need help, and can't find the right answer..

I downloaded a peggy hair fine, it worked in game. But than I downloaded another one and I was putting the Resource.cfg in the root folder or w.e its called, and it asked me to rename it..? If i rename it will it still recognize it as the hair?

As has already been pointed out, if you already have a Resource.cfg file you don't need another one. The message telling you to rename it popped up because you already had a file with the same name in that folder. You can't have two files with the exact same name in the same place, so you usually will be prompted to either replace the older file or rename the new one.

The file that ends in .package is the actual hair file. The Resource.cfg file is simply telling your game where to find those .package files so they show up properly. That's why you only need one. :)