Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch??

Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
I bought the game today at Gamestop. First installation failed (ran for over an hour and just stopped) but second try was fine. The game appears to run well but I can't tell yet if the Story Progression is actually turned off. My version is 1.0.631.00001 and I've seen other people on the forums say the game they bought is a later version. So where's the patch? Or is it a Win vs. Mac thing? I have Win XP and did NOT download an illegal version earlier. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    dowgg123dowgg123 Posts: 38 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Im running on a Windows Vista Laptop and I have the same version 1.0.631.00001
  • Options
    tylmil94tylmil94 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have the same version... I thought EA fixed all these errors??????
  • Options
    FluffymonkeymFluffymonkeym Posts: 320 New Member
    edited June 2009
    How do you find out what version you have?
  • Options
    dbershevitsdbershevits Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009
    There is a txt document on the disk, and also the launcher tells you.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Thanks.

The version I have is the same as yours. Arg, now i'm *really* *really* annoyed. Why would they release two versions, one of them really terrible?
  • Options
    dbershevitsdbershevits Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, the version we suffer from the EA "leak", which apparently infected all the pirates with the SecROM protection as it was the original digital download, but I guess they changed it, and forgot about the retail.
  • Options
    AnaQAnaQ Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    From what I understand one of the older versions was illegally downloaded.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well, the version we suffer from the EA "leak", which apparently infected all the pirates with the SecROM protection as it was the original digital download, but I guess they changed it, and forgot about the retail.

So we have to suffer. Great. I know this game will be amazing, if only it would stop going so SLOW.
  • Options
    staciarainstaciarain Posts: 104 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wait, what's the deal? I have version 1.0 apparently, I'm sorry if I'm a bit slow here but what's all this about the leak?
  • Options
    nightyswordnightysword Posts: 48 Member
    edited June 2009
    just a quick reminder since I have seen a few pointing finger saying people with the .0000001 version probably downloaded the leak version. I don't know how much truth is in that but I can guarantee honest buy also suffer from this.

Apparently not the launcher, but the skuversion.txt "ON THE RETAIL DISK" does say it's the .0000001 version. So either the newer version is a myth, or it's a different package for people buying the online version or whatever .... hope for the best guys.

Edit: Just to add that I acutally no problem running the game. It runs fine for me. And a newer version to me at this point is internet rumour without confirmation. So it can be it's a different version for online, or we do have an old version, whatever I hope at least there is some confirmation so I can be at peace.