March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• Starr5505Starr5505 Posts: 414 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i don't like the clothes.there ugly. the only good ones are in the store but I'm not wasting my money. and the hair is tacky.
    EA THE CLOTHES AND HAIR ARE U-G-L-Y GET SOMEONE ELSE TO DESIGN THEM!!!
  • 93natalie93natalie Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Earcat wrote:
    I can't save my game. I get an error 12 message. There's no point playing if I can't save. It also keeps crashing.
    I am have a terrible time with that too. I will do an activity or get a skill up then save. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, I have to either start completely over from the library or from whatever last save took.
  • FredthelogFredthelog Posts: 159 New Member
    edited August 2009
    blewis823 wrote:
    After being mesmerized with all the gameplay, I took a good look at my pregnant sims and found they don't have a true pregnancy morph. I know they don't look pregnant when taking a bath/shower, but if you angle the camera just right and look under the maternity shirt/sweatshirt, no body at all. Just an empty hole.

That's just plain lazy, and creepy.
    Yes it is lazy and creepy, and EA should fix it. Also, they should make it so that pregnant sims be able to wear ANYTHING. Not just maternity clothes, but all of the veryday tops and bottoms and bikinis and skirt dresses.

I would love to see this in the game with a patch or EP.
  • BritneyJBritneyJ Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I am an avid sim gamer...and just can not get into sims 3. I even reciently went back to by sims 2, re installed everything and deleted my sims 3 then gave it to my little sister. I cant stand how every hair style looks like "mom hair"...i also cant stand how all the clothing looks early 90's...sims dont really DO anything but go to work or go the park a million times. you cant even "go out to dinner", go to a night spot or really interact in an indoor setting besides a home. dont like the 3 hour showers, dont like game progression, dont like how the sims look, and I REALLY dont like the MILLION buttons I have to keep track of all at once...the only really improvement of the whole thing is that you can really specify what your sim is like...(i.e. their personality profile...good or bad) This is what I think would be real improvements:
    1.sims go shopping...they have the option to really go shopping...they go in a store and you have the option of buying a new hairstyle or outfit from online other than what you have in your fashion feature bank (this would mean internet connection from within the game)...same with furnature, nic nacks...baby items...(a baby store where you can get tons of kids stuff)...you can even have funky stores where you can buy "love potion...happy juice or hunger helpers...
    2.Specific event game play...making milestones more engaging...for example you can have a real sim wedding where you plan it, invite guests, go to an actual "wedding" shop, buy a dress or tux...pick out a cake, flowers,book a venue...decorate...etc. have the wedding amd get free stuff from guests, yet the more extravagent the event the more money it will be...(THIS is a HUGE event for women...think of the money EA would make on an expansion pack like this!)As a girl I know had Matel never come out with "Wedding Dazzle" barbie...I would have never bought the $37.00 Barbie Bridal Boutique...or the 1 Ken doll (who by the time i was 7 had been trough 18 divorces, 19 weddings all to different women) This is one of the biggest events in REAL peoples lives and our sims get 2 wedding dress choices, a lattus alter arch and a standing flower arrangement with petunias. Sims can even be in danger of their sim fiance not showing up at the alter...or even have an unexpected guest come in and wreck the whole "dream wedding"
    3.Sims Vegas Adventure: have your sim gamble, where you play sims blackjack/ poker or slots (actually "play" the card games or slots) and can loose or win your whole sims entire lifes worth based on decisions...you can go to hot nightclubs...meet a sim from another town...eat a good meal at a swanky hotel lounge...shop "new shops"...(with new styles that arnt in your home down)or even elope.
    4.Sims Sports- have sims go to a sim university football game, have your sim teens and adults be athletes....go to practice...work out to play better...our you can even have "teen crisis"...have them loose their scholarships if they dont keep up their GPA's..have them "get injured" if they make bad decisions, if they are at odds in their relationships they may play worse...they can win scholarships...become a pro...make millions..and even own thier own team when they grow up
    5.Sims Super Stars...and I mean Celeb Sims. Have sims become SO popular and So good at acting or singing that other sims will not leave them alone.you can even have a sim who is a tripple threat. Have red carpet events, have "movie role choices that could make or break their careers...have hit songs or one hit wonders... the more they talk to the press, the better movies their in or the more friends they have...the more of a celeb they are. Have them check out sim city magazine to see if they make it as the #1 celeb in the world. Have bad press they have to clean up...interact with the wrong people....your whole celeb status could go down the tubes...you can even have your sim be a paparazi...where they have to trakc down the "it" sim to REALLY make the $$$
    Sims have had enough of going potty,having lackluster woo hoo,working their 9-5, raising their "cooking skills", having babies and just getting old...only to play the same game all over...i'm a firm believer people play the sims to escape from the real world...people want their sims to do things they never would have even dreamed about being possible in real life....and on an end note...can the sims PLEASE speak an actual language...im tired of "blahdeh gwartblow"...and "onowanna huffin jargin"...think of how nice it would be to hear a sim say "hi, nice to meet you, I'm really into boating...how about you?"
  • BritneyJBritneyJ Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I am an avid sim gamer...and just can not get into sims 3. I even reciently went back to by sims 2, re installed everything and deleted my sims 3 then gave it to my little sister. I cant stand how every hair style looks like "mom hair"...i also cant stand how all the clothing looks early 90's...sims dont really DO anything but go to work or go the park a million times. you cant even "go out to dinner", go to a night spot or really interact in an indoor setting besides a home. dont like the 3 hour showers, dont like game progression, dont like how the sims look, and I REALLY dont like the MILLION buttons I have to keep track of all at once...the only really improvement of the whole thing is that you can really specify what your sim is like...(i.e. their personality profile...good or bad) This is what I think would be real improvements:
    1.sims go shopping...they have the option to really go shopping...they go in a store and you have the option of buying a new hairstyle or outfit from online other than what you have in your fashion feature bank (this would mean internet connection from within the game)...same with furnature, nic nacks...baby items...(a baby store where you can get tons of kids stuff)...you can even have funky stores where you can buy "love potion...happy juice or hunger helpers...
    2.Specific event game play...making milestones more engaging...for example you can have a real sim wedding where you plan it, invite guests, go to an actual "wedding" shop, buy a dress or tux...pick out a cake, flowers,book a venue...decorate...etc. have the wedding amd get free stuff from guests, yet the more extravagent the event the more money it will be...(THIS is a HUGE event for women...think of the money EA would make on an expansion pack like this!)As a girl I know had Matel never come out with "Wedding Dazzle" barbie...I would have never bought the $37.00 Barbie Bridal Boutique...or the 1 Ken doll (who by the time i was 7 had been trough 18 divorces, 19 weddings all to different women) This is one of the biggest events in REAL peoples lives and our sims get 2 wedding dress choices, a lattus alter arch and a standing flower arrangement with petunias. Sims can even be in danger of their sim fiance not showing up at the alter...or even have an unexpected guest come in and wreck the whole "dream wedding"
    3.Sims Vegas Adventure: have your sim gamble, where you play sims blackjack/ poker or slots (actually "play" the card games or slots) and can loose or win your whole sims entire lifes worth based on decisions...you can go to hot nightclubs...meet a sim from another town...eat a good meal at a swanky hotel lounge...shop "new shops"...(with new styles that arnt in your home down)or even elope.
    4.Sims Sports- have sims go to a sim university football game, have your sim teens and adults be athletes....go to practice...work out to play better...our you can even have "teen crisis"...have them loose their scholarships if they dont keep up their GPA's..have them "get injured" if they make bad decisions, if they are at odds in their relationships they may play worse...they can win scholarships...become a pro...make millions..and even own thier own team when they grow up
    5.Sims Super Stars...and I mean Celeb Sims. Have sims become SO popular and So good at acting or singing that other sims will not leave them alone.you can even have a sim who is a tripple threat. Have red carpet events, have "movie role choices that could make or break their careers...have hit songs or one hit wonders... the more they talk to the press, the better movies their in or the more friends they have...the more of a celeb they are. Have them check out sim city magazine to see if they make it as the #1 celeb in the world. Have bad press they have to clean up...interact with the wrong people....your whole celeb status could go down the tubes...you can even have your sim be a paparazi...where they have to trakc down the "it" sim to REALLY make the $$$
    Sims have had enough of going potty,having lackluster woo hoo,working their 9-5, raising their "cooking skills", having babies and just getting old...only to play the same game all over...i'm a firm believer people play the sims to escape from the real world...people want their sims to do things they never would have even dreamed about being possible in real life....and on an end note...can the sims PLEASE speak an actual language...im tired of "blahdeh gwartblow"...and "onowanna huffin jargin"...think of how nice it would be to hear a sim say "hi, nice to meet you, I'm really into boating...how about you?"
  • xSims3girlxSims3girl Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I AGREE WITH BRITNEYJ! :!:

BUT THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE BOTHERING ME:
    NO BODY SHOP!
  • Onewsh1luvOnewsh1luv Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    my save files keep getting deleted somehow....i just lost my 5th one tonight....i think im just going to stop playing until i hear of a patch for this
  • SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited August 2009
    Matzma9 wrote:
    That I still can't download purchased items or Riverview - even with the patch! :(

That sounds like either a too slow internet connection or a computer problem. Not an EA or game problem.
  • FamilyDude1111FamilyDude1111 Posts: 75 New Member
    edited August 2009
    After running into someone else on their walking path, they just stand there for about 5 seconds instead of immediately moving around. Took 1 game hr for 8 sims to get to the birthday cake.
  • SusieaaSusieaa Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    NO BODY SHOP!
    Are they stupid? I live for custom content. I bought the game cause I thought I'd still have it. Searching the game i got frustrated and went on the internet to find where it was and there it seys "NO BODY SHOP!"

I can't customize without bodyshop. And the make-up is awefull, you call that realism? :cry: I'm so dissappointed with this game. And dont get me started on the hairs.
  • dollyloverdollylover Posts: 516 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't know if it's been mentioned but there is no Serve meal, so they line up getting their plates and they are not able to sit down together as a family and talk, because some are still queing to get their plate and others are already washing theirs up. :x and when they eat it is far to quick, though sims2 was too long. yet everything else they do takes forever they have no time for fun stuff. :x
  • playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited August 2009
    The careers randomly switch around sometimes
  • playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited August 2009
    I had already posted something, but I thought of a few other things: you can't lock doors, the sims jump in and out of the car strangely, the clothes are ugly, and sims don't have memories!!!
  • Lady_VacuumLady_Vacuum Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It takes a long time to load. And those custom houses take hours. And I can't switch what house I'm playing in swiftly.
  • Ali2590Ali2590 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2009
    One thing that I have found to annoy me is that you can play for hours without the game saving.
    What I mean is, on the Sims 2 if you visited a community lot it would save your sims household and then you would go to the lot. On Sims 3 because the neighbourhood is all interlinked you don't get any of this.
    I'm greatful for less loading screens, BUT, my problem is unless you personally remember to save your game at intervals there is no automatic saving.

Having played for a good 4 hours yesterday, my game decided to give up and crashed back to desktop. And of course, I'd forgotten to save at all as I was busy exploring the new features (I only got the game a few days ago) so I lost all my hours of gameplay. Luckily as i'm still experimenting I wasn't too annoyed that I'd lost my progress, but it made me realise that the saving when going to community lots was missing.

I would very much like to see some kind of auto-saving when you go to another lot or something along these lines at some points in the game so you don't have such a high risk of losing everything if you haven't remembered to save yourself.
  • XxPinkGurlxXXxPinkGurlxX Posts: 34 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The lack of decent hair and clothes AND objects. Kids hair and clothes are awful!
    No wedding cake, decorations, arches... :(
    You can take toddlers and babies out with your sims now, but they
    have to hold them all the time. They have no buggies! :-o
    There is not much to do with children sims.
    You cant see your sims while they work, eat etc.
    I would love to see my sims performing concerts in the theater and watching or playing games at the stadium...
    I miss pets, apartment life, seasons and Christmas! :cry: Christmas inthe sims3 could have real potential...
    It gets very boring playing the same family/sim all the time. I have started several new games with new sims so I dont get bored...And why cant
    sims get in their cars like normal instead of magically appearing in them? And why do they drive through sims and other cars?
    And how many pregnant woman about to give birth do you know that jump in their car or on their bike and drive/ride themselves to the hospital?
    All the crummy stuff is in the game, and all the best things are on the store so you have to pay to get a new kitchen set!
    Wasnt £40 on the actual game enough? :?
    There are about amillion and one things I could mention but I am bored of typing :P

...on the plus side I like the open neighborhood...
  • JamPotJamPot Posts: 63 Member
    edited August 2009
    Sorry, I'm going to have to post 2 things! :oops:

1. You can't lock doors! You might not want your sim to go into a certain room, so you would lock the door. But now you can't. :(
    2. There is no curly hair! Which is a pain, because I can't make a sim of myself. :lol: There are just random straight haired hair styles.

• Agent_66Agent_66 Posts: 113 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ali2590 wrote:
    One thing that I have found to annoy me is that you can play for hours without the game saving.

I've discovered that too, especially lately as we've hit monsoon season, which means random power fluxes or power outages. So far, it's only happened twice, but both times I had just gotten promotions and then Ihad to wait for them to roll around again.

I'm horrendously horrible at remembering to save as I'm so used to auto saving everything (that's how I keep my writings from disappearing) I agree that there should be an auto save feature that pops up say after a big event, like a birth or death or promotion, something that you don't want to redo (unless the death was unintentional).

You know, I seriously can't remember if I posted here or not. :oops: If I have, sorry for the repeat, if not - I have to say at this point, the one thing that really bugs me is the family relationships. I'm seriously getting annoyed that I have to introduce my sims constantly to members of their family.

Especially now when I seem to have gotten a legacy going. They all in within the same distance (four of the five siblings live next door to each other) and every time they come over, it's like 'friendly introduction', where they actually shake hands. I did get to the point where a couple will wave, but when I have to ask my parents if I can come inside a house in which I have lived my whole life is ridiculous.

I'm especially annoyed that when married sims die, they get divorced. Another thread mentioned it was so the surviving sim could date again, but we NEVER had that in Sims 2. Look at Mortimer Goth. When Bella "died" (disappeared), his memories didn't show they divorced, just that she was gone and I still got him to marry Dina Caliente. It sucks because I brought back the founders of my family as ghosts and now matter what I do, they can't fall back in love. The wife even has a boyfriend I get rid of. It completely screws up my family! :evil: :evil: :cry:

As much as the memory system could get on my nerves in Sims 2, I seriously wish it was back, if only to aid in this severely wretched family system. Every family member should be aware when their brother (in my case) has a baby or gets married. I don't care if they do live in seperate houses, how do you not find out about your kid brother's wedding? Yes, yes, I know there are ways, but let's pretend this is a happy Walton family LOL

Wow, I didn't mean to go on a rant, but that's the one thing that just irks me. I can now live with the lack of hair (thank you modders of the world!), I can live with the lack of free stuff in the store, I can live with the screwyness of Story Progression (thank you Indie Stone!), but I just can't live with this.
  • AmandaLouAmandaLou Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ethereal wrote:
    The Evil Carpool. This has digressed from TS2, I have to manually tell my sims to take his/her ownedcar to work, then when they get off work, they still want to take the carpool home even when their car is sitting in the job's parking lot beside them! They own the darn thing! There is no reason to shell out the money to buy it if they're too stupid to use it. And even when I make them use the car the carpool will sit there for an hour honking outside their house, while my sim is already at work. Just plain annoying! Okay, I'm calm. LOL!

This also bothers me. The cars are cool. There are a lot more to chose from than TS2 but it is pointless if they're too dumb to use them for work and such.
  • ChloeHChloeH Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Well whats really annoying is that you cant go inside the other buildings and that you cant make teens have babys or moove out or get drunk-(i dont think so anyway) and you cant adgust tallness. Thats really anoying for me because if i want to make a sim that i know like a real person and he/she is really short or tall you cant. And thanks to the new update you cant get pregnant by the grim reaper or hae your baby. They were two of the best things because the baby one made it realistic and the reaper one made it funny.

:(
  • misszaliciamisszalicia Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Catasyne wrote:
    i really miss going into restaurants and stores with my sims and all the interactions they had at night clubs, bars, coffee shops etc. The fact that they just disapear into a building now really takes a lot out of the game :(

i totally agree i hate waiting outside the building for them to finish!
    :x
  • gr8eejgr8eej Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Can't create my own town.
  • misszaliciamisszalicia Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2009
    the hair they have SUCKS!!
    seriously all my simmies look the same!!
  • soul_grafittisoul_grafitti Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    1 thing that botheres me... no monsters, aliens or paranormal creatures! :(
  • gilmoregirls1248gilmoregirls1248 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009
    No Sims 3 body shop. I want to download fun clothing not just diffrent colors that I alone could create. :(