Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Stuff Pack Community Poll--OMG!

Comments

• murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited March 2012
    No this doesn't mean the Katy Perry stuff pack will be cancelled this is for stuff packs after that.

Darn :lol:
  • wizplacewizplace Posts: 1,820 Member
    edited March 2012
    murfeel wrote:
    No this doesn't mean the Katy Perry stuff pack will be cancelled this is for stuff packs after that.

Darn :lol:
    My point exactly. :) You thought it would be for this SP. But in reality it was for the next one :)
  • PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited March 2012
    Definately like the idea of the decades SP. I'd love to see more authentic and crazy type stuff. Beaded curtains (as Pepperbutt said), big boom boxes, light-up dancefloor tiles, blow-up chairs, it would be pretty snazzy.

I hope we never see a sports SP. Becuase I'd love them to be in an EP, specifically with weather. Kind of like how gardening and fishing were to TS2's Seasons (since it can't *just* be weather, but something that is directly affected by weather as well) And include ALL types of sports (not necessarily every single one, of course. But just the differeing types) like extreme sports (skateboarding, BMX, snowboarding) solo sports (ice skating, in-line skating, hackey sack...hey, it's a physical activiy :lol: ) and basketball courts, soccer/football, hockey, beach volleyball for the more trpoical and beachy areas...and speaking of beaches and sports, add surfing and oceans swimming in there too.

And sad they wouldn't just nix the Katy Perry SP. There's another SP slot gone, rotting thanks to the cavity that is "sweet treats" :evil:

Edited because I'm over 21 an it's a Friday night. Or Saturday morning
  • Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited March 2012
    Just wanted to say I love your little notes under each poll option. I totally agree with like everything you said :wink:
  • LindseyStilesLindseyStiles Posts: 11
    edited March 2012
    they all sound great but i would have to go with the storytelling and hope some day lol though this has nothing to do with this I hope they will make a japan anime/tokyo based expansion or magic I would say the party stuff one too for my second vote I miss being able to go into the resturants like sims two and sitting down and actully seeing the inside of the resturant just had more fun specialy with a married or dating sim cuple
  • xXBruin_SlayerXxxXBruin_SlayerXx Posts: 1,570 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Sports
  • Pensacola2010Pensacola2010 Posts: 229 Member
    edited March 2012
    I voted for the party one. I'm hoping they will add lots of wedding veils as accessories, cakes (wedding and birthday), bouquets, toasting, slow dance, line dancing, being able to pick maid of honor/best man, a wedding venue, etc. There is so much they can do.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited March 2012
    I voted for the party one. I'm hoping they will add lots of wedding veils as accessories, cakes (wedding and birthday), bouquets, toasting, slow dance, line dancing, being able to pick maid of honor/best man, a wedding venue, etc. There is so much they can do.

Sadly stuff packs only add items, so there won't be any new dances or wedding interactions.
  • Pensacola2010Pensacola2010 Posts: 229 Member
    edited March 2012
    "Naw, lame. Romanza Wedding already has this covered--and it costs almost as much as the SP would, anyway."

I don't think they're talking about just weddings (though there's still alot they can do with that). Birthday parties, New Year's Eve, Christmas/Holidays, baby showers, halloween, pool parties (water slide, diving board...), so many things to celebrate . . .

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    edited March 2012
    I want Party Stuff! :mrgreen: But, it seems like "Story" is taking the lead.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited March 2012
    No offence to those who like it, but to me Storytelling Stuff just looks like more of things we can already do. I know that's the general idea of Stuff Packs but we can already dress up and Generations already added costumes. It just seems like another Family Fun Stuff to me, which I found no actual fun at all.

Sadly, Storytelling is winning and Decades is in third. :(
  • Ima_Dee_CoyIma_Dee_Coy Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I would honestly choose the party stuff because its not just weddings, it could be birthday parties, bachelor parties or even funeral and you could set a theme to it like a red carpet themed party etc. This is just a guess of what it could be like but there must be more than what you said miss underneath my bed eating my cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: OH story sound lame its going a bit too far and I DON'T WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    edited March 2012
    Decades.

I like to have more wearable clothes (especially for men and elders, please) and whilst Storytelling sounds like it'll have awesome costumes, you can't really wear those everyday...
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited March 2012
    StoryTelling one! GIMMIE GIMMIE! :lol: but seriously how can having a superhero not be fun? Running around saving sims from house fires and worst of all! Bugs! Or having a supervillain! I can finally make Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Joker, Penguin, Scarecrow but no Batman! :lol:

Either way if we get this Stuff Pack I will most definately be getting this. EA make me a happy little twisted simmer and give me this one please? I'll make you a llama doll! Or I'll make a "Sweaters For Freezer Bunny" charity! So I think you get what I'm saying right? IM DESPERATE FOR IT!
    edited March 2012
    Just wanted to say I love your little notes under each poll option. I totally agree with like everything you said :wink:
    Thanks! :thumbup:
    I hope they will make a japan anime/tokyo based expansion
    ME TOO!!!! I wish they had done Japan instead of China in World Adventures.
    StoryTelling one! GIMMIE GIMMIE! :lol: but seriously how can having a superhero not be fun? Running around saving sims from house fires and worst of all! Bugs! Or having a supervillain! :lol: If we get this Stuff Pack I will most definately be getting this. EA make me a happy little twisted simmer and give me this one please? I'll make you a llama doll! Or I'll make a "Sweaters For Freezer Bunny" charity! So I think you get what I'm saying right? IM DESPERATE FOR IT!
    :lol::lol::lol: I agree, and you're funny, too! ^-^
  • PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I would honestly choose the party stuff because its not just weddings, it could be birthday parties, bachelor parties or even funeral and you could set a theme to it like a red carpet themed party etc. This is just a guess of what it could be like but there must be more than what you said miss underneath my bed eating my cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: OH story sound lame its going a bit too far and I DON'T WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

... Please freaking tell me you're not calling funerals fun. Oh god.
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited March 2012
    I voted for Decades...I just think that sounds most appealing to me :)
    Id really like clothes from the 70s, 80s, 90s and maybe some 50s clothing aswell and then Id like the objects set from those times too!
    Peace and Love, Fordee
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
    edited March 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    ... Please freaking tell me you're not calling funerals fun. Oh god.

:shock: Bolded: Well, I never! Hmph! *munch munch munch* :mrgreen::lol:

I do like the idea of Funerals a lot, as we really need some in our game instead of just sims crying at tombstones (lame), but not as a Celebration-type of party theme--unless they planned on doing the Conco de Mayo/Mardi Gras version of funerary rites, which would be. so. AWESOME!! :mrgreen: PLEASE, EA, give us a whole Caribbean EP already! I want REAL voodoo/Mesoamarican culture!!!

With traditional funerals, I'd hope this is included in a more Pancultural EP of sorts. Remember, actual *gameplay* wouldn't be included in the SP, as SPs only give us Clothes/Objects, and mostly Decor objects at that. We wouldn't be able to do much with anything they gave us in any of these SPs, other than decorate a lot with them and dress our sims up.

With SPs, I like to think really carefully, cuz what they're really saying, is, What Do You Want To Sacrifice? Cuz EA never makes a habit of connecting SPs with EPs (unless this new Katy Perry nonsense actually comes to fruition and breaks the mold), so if we get a certain theme in an SP, you can bet your bottom dollar you're not gonna see anything like it in any new EPs. That's why I'm voting No for Sports, cuz if Ea's gonna do Sports I want them to do it RIGHT, and to the fullest--they can save sports decor for the Store, like they've already been doing in multiple sets and Dr Pepper/TMobile promos we already got. They've already given us Teen stuff for proms and funky bedroom decor like Loud Fast Clash annd posters and whatnot, in Generations and the Store already, so I voted no for Teens as well, plus the Store caters to the club scene and trendy stuff anyway.

The top 3 options would have to be for Storytelling, Decades and Party, since EA would finally be introducing more of something we don't really have in abundance yet, but out of those 3 I still feel Party is the weakest, in my personal opinion, cuz what does EA really think it's gonna offer us? More balloons? More Buffet tables? Some more arches and festoons and flowers and tables and chairs and gift boxes, and another cake and maybe some pizza and soda cans decor objects--wow, thanks. That could easily be continued at the Store; don't waste our time recycling TS2 Celebrations Stuff--as I said: Romanza prety much had all of that covered, more or less--been there done that. :( But that's just me. :oops:

The Sims 3 Storytelling Stuff 26.78% (1,116 votes)

The Sims 3 Sports Stuff 7.49% (312 votes)

The Sims 3 Party Stuff 12.55% (523 votes)

The Sims 3 Teen Stuff 25.84% (1,077 votes)

The Sims 3 Decades Stuff 27.35% (1,140 votes)

Total Votes: 4,168
  • kathwynnkathwynn Posts: 156 New Member
    edited March 2012
    OPTION 5: The Sims 3 Decades Stuff

Would be my vote. I think the katie perry SHT Ep and up coming Sp about covers it..
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited March 2012
    The Sims 3 Decades Stuff and The Sims 3 Storytelling Stuff are my choice. :-)
  • SimGuruJennSimGuruJenn Posts: 69 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Really good conversations! I'm enjoying being a fly on the...forum!
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited March 2012
    Voted for Decades Stuff and I really hope they make it into a SP too. Reminds of that KFC commerical. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqGfO99XLQ8

And I really, really, really hope they can include this:

-Ability to change color of the lenses of glasses/sun glasses to any hue. And have the opacity slider to determine how opaque or transparent the color. Also can even apply premade/custom patterns to the lenses.
    2day33o.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Ability to change color of the lenses of glasses/sun glasses to any hue. And have the opacity slider to determine how opaque or transparent the color. Also can even apply premade/custom patterns to the lenses.
    2day33o.jpg

I'd like to see that. I get my glasses from this one place online ( http://www.zennioptical.com/ ) and they offer options like that. While I personally haven't bought colored glasses, I find them lulzy. (My fiance has blue and yellow ones from there.) I'm not sure if the opacity slider would be totally possible, but I'd love at least a set thing of colors to pick from. (Even if it's not that broad, it'd be nice.)

(I don't know what happened in the KFC commercial, nor will I watch it for personal views, so I can't comment on that. (I despise PETA (yes, a vegetarian and animal rights activist who hates PETA!), but I stand with them on their view of KFC.))

• windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    edited March 2012
    I voted for the one that allows costume parties, that's the only one that I like.

I hate sports. No excuses, no reason, I just hate everything there is about them.

Not interested in Sims with sci-fi stuff, I like to read it occasionally, but not interested for the sims.

No teen. Been there, done it, not interested in going there again.

I agree with Parry, what's the point of having a dinner party when they don't eat together? I wish they would make eating like in ts2, just fix it so there is enough food for everyone present when you "serve" dinner. I can't understand why they allow for 8 sims in a household, 8 at a table (for some) and then only serve 6 plates. What was up with that....? Both have issues for meals, I guess, lol.

Not interested in the others too much. Starting to lose interest in stuff packs b/c there is simply not enough items in a pack, and the price is going up, so I find it's not worth it for me.

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Ravenmagic1Ravenmagic1 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm for the story telling idea!! I think most people like the idea of having different themes for that one!!