Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please give cribs ownership like beds

byronh29byronh29 Posts: 182 New Member
Why don't cribs have ownership like beds do? I get extremely irritated when I want my cribs color coded blue for boys and pink for girls and the stupid parents just keep putting the babies into random cribs.

The first time you put an baby or toddler into a crib it should be tagged as theirs and any time the "put in crib" action is used it will always return them to that one.

Comments

• AnshinAnshin Posts: 446 Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree. There should also be a floor mat for toddlers to autonomously sleep on if the want. It could double as a baby play gym.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    This is the game that never ends
    Yes, it goes on and on, my friends
    Some people started playing it not knowing what it was
    And they′ll continue playing it forever just because ...
  • byronh29byronh29 Posts: 182 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sorry about the poor wording in my first post.

I should have stated the main purpose of this fix, which is not simply just the satisfaction of my obsessive compulsions.

One of the most annoying things about having two (or more) babies is that when the parents both take each baby out of their crib at the same time to snuggle or give a bottle, they always insist on SWITCHING the baby to the other crib afterwards. Which results in about 20 to 40 minutes of Sim time where the parents simply tap their feet or yell at each other to get out of the way, even though they could just put the baby into the crib right in front of them.
  • CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I was just thinking this yesterday as my sims placed my 3 toddlers in 3 different beds over and over again. And since two look almost exactly alike it keeps me busy trying to identify who’s who.

And it does drive me insane to find one of the boys in the pink girl crib.
  • PandaFaust21PandaFaust21 Posts: 337 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Cribs are just "baby jails." I prefer to let the babies wander. The floor is plenty comfortable enough for MY sims. Mwa ha ha
  • JamPotJamPot Posts: 63 Member
    edited August 2009
    I found this aswell. :lol: I got my Sims to move the toddlers into the correct cribs because I didn't want them sleeping in different cribs to normal. I hope they do introduce crib ownership. :D
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, at this point with 3 toddlers and 3 babies I think I'm just going to delete all the cribs and let them pass out on the floor. I also stopped buying high chairs a long time ago because it was too much of a nuisance to have to wait for them to start throwing tantrums before the parents would autonomously let the child out of the high chair. It's so much easier to just feed on floor!
  • buddycheadbuddychead Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited August 2009
    Cribs are just "baby jails." I prefer to let the babies wander. The floor is plenty comfortable enough for MY sims. Mwa ha ha
    You're eviler than me. And thats saying something!
  • mad729ifumad729ifu Posts: 329 New Member
    edited August 2009
    byronh29 wrote:
    Why don't cribs have ownership like beds do? I get extremely irritated when I want my cribs color coded blue for boys and pink for girls and the stupid parents just keep putting the babies into random cribs.

The first time you put an baby or toddler into a crib it should be tagged as theirs and any time the "put in crib" action is used it will always return them to that one.

i agree. i hate that my sims put the babies/toddlers in any crib. i don't like when the boy is sleeping in the little girls' nursery, haha.
  • JaiSimJaiSim Posts: 541 New Member
    edited August 2009
    byronh29 wrote:
    Sorry about the poor wording in my first post.

I should have stated the main purpose of this fix, which is not simply just the satisfaction of my obsessive compulsions.

One of the most annoying things about having two (or more) babies is that when the parents both take each baby out of their crib at the same time to snuggle or give a bottle, they always insist on SWITCHING the baby to the other crib afterwards. Which results in about 20 to 40 minutes of Sim time where the parents simply tap their feet or yell at each other to get out of the way, even though they could just put the baby into the crib right in front of them.

ROFL! This is so true and soo annoying!
  • DaehloenaDaehloena Posts: 166 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Totally agree, however I'm mollified that it's an improvement on my TS2 experience, where they would musical chairs the children around multiple cribs, even after they'd been put to bed. They'd take the trouble to remove each child from their crib and relocate them to another one...prematurely waking them, leaving them on the floor if the other crib was already occupied...it was a nightmare. For me.
  • SnackySnacky Posts: 607 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I can't even set bed ownership. Go figure.
    edited August 2009
    Snacky wrote:

Just tell a sim to sleep in a bed. Then no other Sim will use that bed unless you manually tell them to.
  • PandaFaust21PandaFaust21 Posts: 337 New Member
    edited August 2009
    byronh29 wrote:
    Snacky wrote:

Just tell a sim to sleep in a bed. Then no other Sim will use that bed unless you manually tell them to.

You would think so. I've had random people walk through the front door and go sleep in a bed.
  • hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    edited August 2009
    byronh29 wrote:

This would make life so much easier for the Sim family with twins... or a toddler and a baby.
  • Nicci86Nicci86 Posts: 436 New Member
    edited August 2009
    YES! Thank you for posting this, I was going to myself. I had 3 babies and went nuts trying to keep them in their own cribs/rooms. It made caring for them a lot harder because I couldn't keep track of which baby was where and which one needed something.
  • ToppenzapToppenzap Posts: 773 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I totally agree. In my legacy I had a toddler and three infants, and the toddler had her own room, yet I constantly found her with two of the infants and the third infant all alone.. It got pretty frustrating trying to swap them by having parents pick them all up and put them down in the other crib.
  • bbspongebobfanbbspongebobfan Posts: 18 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I am getting annoyed that everytime I want a child put in a highchair, i have to actually choose the highchair i want them to be in. Its like, im on the bottom floor and i make the parent "Put child in highchair," and they think its necessary to bring the child all the way upstairs to use a highchair. Its like, really? You couldnt have used the highchair in the room you were just in? Same with cribs.

Also, when the child is in the highchair, all the adults and teenagers think they need to either pick up, give bottle, give baby food, or serve food to that child. So i have about four people running to feed the baby!
    edited August 2009
    I have officially found it easier to never put the child or toddler down throughout the day so i no longer need to worry about finding a boy in a pink room and a girl in a black room
    edited August 2009
    byronh29 wrote:
    Yeah, at this point with 3 toddlers and 3 babies I think I'm just going to delete all the cribs and let them pass out on the floor. I also stopped buying high chairs a long time ago because it was too much of a nuisance to have to wait for them to start throwing tantrums before the parents would autonomously let the child out of the high chair. It's so much easier to just feed on floor!

I dont get highchairs either, but its annoying to find the parents wishing consistantly to own a highchair....grrrrrrr
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree. It's annoying when you have sims putting babies in whatever crib happens to be available, especially if you have two sets of parents in a house. It's also ever so slightly annoying that adult sims constantly go to put a toddler in the crib when they're no where near tired. All this serves is to plummet the toddlers social skill and slowly dwindle their fun. Leave them at the toys!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    edited June 2014
    This is a really old post, but wish we had this now. Or is there a mod that will do this now?
  • Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    edited June 2014
    This is a great idea! Having twins or triplets is always a huge pain due to this issue.