Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story progression FTL!!!

EVileEVile Posts: 27 New Member
Point blank.

I hate story progression.

Call me a neurotic control freak but I don't want my Sims lives to go on without me. I don't want random characters I didn't create just moving into my town and socializing with my creations on which I worked hard to complete. I turned off story progression and my Sims lives still continue without me. People have new babies or new jobs when I return to a household after paying attention to another. My Sims just decide when to dissect households and move out to another location. I have deleted at least 40 different families who just mystically appear inside my town, and I repeat "I HAVE TURNED OFF STORY PROGRESSION!".

Am I playing this game or not? Should I just turn the game on , create families, and walk away from the computer?

This plus a plethora of other complaints is making for a rather disappointing chapter in Sim history.

C'mon Maxis *cough* I mean "EA"... I've been reading the forums. You guys are better than this. Lets get it together...

Comments

• Options
    kizzikizzi Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    really? i switched it off yesterday...am in for a surprise later when i go to play again? how do i turn off game progression?
  • Options
    IllariIllari Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I like story progression mode. I like coming back to the families and sims that I have created and see what they have been up to since I last played them.

HOWEVER

I do not like giving them free will to move out of the neighborhood. My wife has been playing a household that she designed the sims to look just like us and that is all she plays. I like to play other households. She wanted to play and I let her but her sims disappeared! This is frustrating to working on a household for so long only for them to pick up and leave.

Please EA, make an option to keep story progression turned on but turn off the free will to move out of town!
  • Options
    AprilAndNatalieAprilAndNatalie Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think I recall that someone on the bugs forum discovered that turning off Story Progression literally doesn't work on the files-and-program level. The switch apparently does not do anything at all. ):
  • Options
    EkoggEkogg Posts: 189 New Member
    edited June 2009
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/6537.page

Maybe this'll work for you? Worth a try