Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why did they even make this game really?

Comments

• RichiepoleJnrRichiepoleJnr Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I AM CONVERSING. I AM NOT ****ING ARGUING. :)
  • AangaAanga Posts: 107 New Member
    edited June 2009
    synsoon.. what the heck? ive no problem with anyone here.. besides Darmbaggie who, i feel at liberty to say, i think is a bit of a tard.

Just frustrating that quite a few people arent bothering to try to understand what im saying (but they still bother to comment right.. lol).. Im not comparing it. Im saying, who are the people most likely to buy TS3? .. People who loved TS2 right? ok.. so those ppl who loved TS2 are likely to have all the packs, all the CC they could every possibly need.. and even some they dont ( scale replica of the titanic anyone? ).. From a purely creative standpoint, there was VERY little reason to make TS3.

I think you're not getting what some of us are saying.

That we wanted the seamless n'hood with the sims that live around you and make their own decisions. That's why I bought the game. I'm a gamer first and foremost. If the game didn't appeal to me I would have been fine not buying this game soon. See I buy a game a month, I could have easily decided that UFC game was the game I wanted and moved on and still be satisfied with the Sims 2.

BUT...

To me the game adds A LOT to the series and it gives a lot to build on for future EPs.

You can keep saying that there was no reason creatively to develop the game because you feel the game isn't much different from it's predecessor. I feel it's sequel worthy though so how can I agree that there is no reason for the existence of "The Sims 3"?

Agreed. If people think that it didn't add anything new, they really haven't played the game properly yet. The neighborhood dynamic (which was also my leading force in purchasing the game), the new career dynamics, personality dynamics, etc. It just works DIFFERENTLY but still maintains that old Sim feel we're used to, but if you take time to look at the game objectively, everything they've put into place is there for a reason and is opening the game up to the potential of awesome new expansions that would not have been possible with the old sims games.
  • AeoniscytheAeoniscythe Posts: 1,488 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Aanga wrote:
    If you don't like the game @OP good for you.

But people thinking this should have just been an "expansion"...honestly, that would not have been possible. Game play is very very similar to 1 and 2, but there is a new game system in place. The entire game engine is different.

So yes, a whole re-write of the game engine called for a new series, not just an "expansion". It wouldn't have worked.

Yeah, i've said this the past 3 post. I don't see how they could just add this into a Expansion pack. Then they have to make sure it works with ALL the other EPs as well.

As you said, a new engine has to be made to build off of. That's what this is. Just like when Madden first came out for the 360 it was trash, same as when it first came out for any system.

Also i'm not saying that this game is trash, far from it. Madden has to be rushed out every year for August no matter what so the results are usually bad when they have to make a new engine for a new system. This is a great game, 8.5/10 if you ask me. It'll hold me over until the first EP comes out most likely, and it just adds a lot to the game that i've wanted from the series.
    edited June 2009
    Seriously .. enough@the fanboys.. im not arguing with anyone, im not saying im right ur wrong, im just STATING MY OPINION that this game didnt need to be made.. im telling you people why i feel this way, im reading what you are saying back and thinking about it... **** i come on here and state my opinion and some people are like.. "oh hey people can think what they want.. i dont care what you think".. well yeah i agree people can think what they want, here i am thinking what i want.. if you dont like it or dont care about it, dont ****ing post.
  • SynnSoonSynnSoon Posts: 103 New Member
    edited June 2009
    if you dont like it or dont care about it, dont ****ing post.

Exactly! If you don't like what others are saying regarding your post, then do not post. I didn't say the game was the most awesome game in the world or that it was flawless. But just because I don't share the same distaste for it as you do, it does not make me a fanboy (girl in my case.) It makes me opinionated, just like everyone else in this forum.
    edited June 2009
    Ellivision I think u might have hit it right on the head there. The target market for this game is.. "everyone". Doesnt the very nature of a target market imply exclusion of some? ie. People other than those in ur "target market"
    The very idea of the Sims is kinda niche.. not everyone is meant to like it.

You're right. Not everyone IS meant to like it. But look at companies like Nintendo. All gaming companies have been looking at their niche markets since...forever. The gaming industry is in a movement to bring in audiences that otherwise wouldn't play video games. You may not like it that they're trying to open the floor for more casual gamers, but EA and other gaming companies are a business, first and foremost. Their purpose is to make money based on entertainment.

For someone like me who works and is in university and starting up my own business, TS3 is perfect. Because I still get the feel of the old games that I played the CRAP out of before I entered university...it does 2 things for me: adds things I wanted from ts2 (neighborhood mostly), but also provides a more casual gameplay that doesn't suffer from content loss. It's still rich in content. Just as much as TS2 was. Go back and try to find posts from when ts2 came out. People were ******** just as much as everyone is here. After a few expansions come out, the ******** will die down.

It sucks that some people were disappointed, but it irks me when people say there was no reason for ts3 and that ea was dumb to make it (not speaking to OP specifically, but all the whiners in general) because guess what...a vast amount of people are relishing the game, enjoying each and every moment, and eagerly awaiting for expansions. Thus, there OBVIOUSLY was a purpose for the game. They're reaching the people that normally wouldn't play the sims. For those of you that loved ts2...guess what...it all ready exists...why does EA need to make another sims series exactly the same?
    edited June 2009
    Aanga wrote:
    If you don't like the game @OP good for you.

But people thinking this should have just been an "expansion"...honestly, that would not have been possible. Game play is very very similar to 1 and 2, but there is a new game system in place. The entire game engine is different.

So yes, a whole re-write of the game engine called for a new series, not just an "expansion". It wouldn't have worked.

Yeah, i've said this the past 3 post. I don't see how they could just add this into a Expansion pack. Then they have to make sure it works with ALL the other EPs as well.

As you said, a new engine has to be made to build off of. That's what this is. Just like when Madden first came out for the 360 it was trash, same as when it first came out for any system.

Also i'm not saying that this game is trash, far from it. Madden has to be rushed out every year for August no matter what so the results are usually bad when they have to make a new engine for a new system. This is a great game, 8.5/10 if you ask me. It'll hold me over until the first EP comes out most likely, and it just adds a lot to the game that i've wanted from the series.

Yep. I've realized most people that think it should have just been an expansion know nothing about game development. Essentially, for this to be an expansion it would have had to negate the base TS2 and go in, manually, and rewrite EVERY expansion. Uh...yea that's nasty and asking for disaster.

I can't say anything on the Madden games, however. Never been one for sports games :x Mostly Sims, FPS, and MMORPG's (yes...I may have been a WoW'r for a while >__>)
  • SparrowSparrow Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    How many times did you find urselves playing Sims 2 and think "Hmm.. this is fun but.. what would be REALLY cool is if my sweater matched my wallpaper"?

:lol: Too freaking funny! :lol:
  • volleyuupvolleyuup Posts: 471 Member
    edited June 2009
    EA made this game because they wanted to give Sims fans a new game to play and to give them what they wanted in a game. Not only that but it had been 5 years since Sims 2 came out and you can only play one game for so long.

I think that the features in this game are really neat and it's so cool to interact with an entire town. It still amazes me.

Not only that but in this game, the Sims really are unique. My Sims really seem to have a character, a real character, and that's something that I didn't feel with the Sims 1 or very little with the Sims 2.
  • TS2HelmTS2Helm Posts: 144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    @ the author: I think you are too quick to judge. When TS2 came out people hated it then, you have to give things time to flourish into what they are meant to. This is just the beginning to a good game, give it time it will get better.
  • aeowyn22aeowyn22 Posts: 171 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Re:Why did they even make this game really?

They made it because most people like it so stop ******* complaining and whinging about every little thing. Dont like it, go return it. Oh and dont make a 'I'm returning my game' thread because we already have about 6 billion of those. You are returning it? GREAT. We really dont need to hear it. You like TS2 better? FINE go back to it. WE DONT WANT TO HEAR IT.
  • Victor1aPVictor1aP Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was so dissapointed and i agree with all you have said 100% i deleated all my sims 2 stuuf and i could have cried when i saw played the sims3 i have windows vista and they didnt even make the graphics compadable with it they are worse and it was my only birthday gift :( and for what some ugly sims ( not to mention the deformed toddlers) and not being able to see my sim go in any where then how they really dont give the selection in wall papers and that cause you can just change it the game is missing so much they didnt care to make it better beacause they knew people would just buy it. and now all my sims 2 is gone and i am really sad to have wasted my momey on cheep graphics bad gameplay and ugly sims :( when sims 2 came out i played till midnight i dread playing sims 3 so dissapointed
    edited June 2009
    Aanga, thats the kinda post I enjoy reading, informed, and with an actual point to make with regards to the OT. The very last sentence you wrote is kinda what ive been trying to get at thru this whole thing. The game is called "The Sims 3", the logical implication being "if you liked TS2, you will like TS3". This is where things get weird. If the new game were called something else, I would not be dissapointed by it, as I probably would not have bought it, as I already have TS2 which fully satisfies my sandbox "God" gaming needs. But its called THE SIMS 3, implication being theyre gonna take TS2 and make it even better.. !!
    If this game had come out on console and been called "Sims in the hood" I would not be typing this out right now.

• BizzairBizzair Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    How many times did you find urselves playing Sims 2 and think "Hmm.. this is fun but.. what would be REALLY cool is if my sweater matched my wallpaper"?

Umm.. Don't know about everyone else, but never, lol.

If anything I think its the opposite. In TS2 I felt it was the same thing over and over again. Build a house, use similar stuff all over again, get one of the six careers', try and meet someone, eat, sleep, pee, shower, go to work, watch tv,

lame isn't it?

TS3 I feel as anything random could happen at any moment.

But I do agree in not being able to view inside these buildings, like where you work etc. That is very annoying. Real neighborhood when you cant view inside any buildings but your home and a community centre.
    edited June 2009
    "They made it because most people like it"

So their reason for making it is because people liked it? .. People liked it (before it even existed), so EA decided to make it? ... can you see how that makes you a ******?

"stop ****ing complaining and whinging about every little thing"

Sweetheart if i were to complain about everything in this game, this thread would be 400 pages long, not 4.

"Dont like it, go return it"

What planet do you live on? Most retailers will not accept returned pc games once opened. Smarten up now.

"Oh and dont make a 'I'm returning my game' thread because we already have about 6 billion of those."

Wasnt going to, but if i wanted to Id be perfectly within my rights. Who made you the boss of the ****ing world?

"You are returning it?"

Nope

"You like TS2 better?"

Yup

"WE DONT WANT TO HEAR IT"

What do you want to hear? here on the sims 3 forum? where people discuss the game and share opinions of it? Did u get lost on your way to www.imafknasso.com ?
    edited June 2009
    In TS2 I felt it was the same thing over and over again. Build a house, use similar stuff all over again, get one of the six careers', try and meet someone, eat, sleep, pee, shower, go to work, watch tv,

Pretty much like ur average persons life? Barring the 6 careers.. but I had more than that anyway with the CC..

TS2 felt more like a simulation of life.. where as TS3 feels more like a videogame.

edited June 2009
    Victor1aP wrote:
    I was so dissapointed and i agree with all you have said 100% i deleated all my sims 2 stuuf and i could have cried when i saw played the sims3 i have windows vista and they didnt even make the graphics compadable with it they are worse and it was my only birthday gift :( and for what some ugly sims ( not to mention the deformed toddlers) and not being able to see my sim go in any where then how they really dont give the selection in wall papers and that cause you can just change it the game is missing so much they didnt care to make it better beacause they knew people would just buy it. and now all my sims 2 is gone and i am really sad to have wasted my momey on cheep graphics bad gameplay and ugly sims :( when sims 2 came out i played till midnight i dread playing sims 3 so dissapointed

I am running TS3 on Vista as we speak at maximum graphical capacity and it looks fine and works perfectly. Dun`no what your issue is there.

A) Graphics are actually of better quality than TS2, merely a different style
    B) TS3 game engine is actually probably doubly, if not triply sophisticated than TS2.
    C) Your own fault for deleting your TS2 saves, so quit whining.
    D) Hate the game? Good for you. return it or sell it.
    E) Grammar and punctuation are your friends.
  • Mandy347Mandy347 Posts: 255 Member
    edited June 2009
    Don't like it? Don't play it. The rest of us will form our own opinions, thanks.
  • DarmbaggieDarmbaggie Posts: 189 New Member
    edited June 2009
    "They made it because most people like it"

So their reason for making it is because people liked it? .. People liked it (before it even existed), so EA decided to make it? ... can you see how that makes you a ******?

"stop ****ing complaining and whinging about every little thing"

Sweetheart if i were to complain about everything in this game, this thread would be 400 pages long, not 4.

"Dont like it, go return it"

What planet do you live on? Most retailers will not accept returned pc games once opened. Smarten up now.

"Oh and dont make a 'I'm returning my game' thread because we already have about 6 billion of those."

Wasnt going to, but if i wanted to Id be perfectly within my rights. Who made you the boss of the ****ing world?

"You are returning it?"

Nope

"You like TS2 better?"

Yup

"WE DONT WANT TO HEAR IT"

What do you want to hear? here on the sims 3 forum? where people discuss the game and share opinions of it? Did u get lost on your way to www.imafknasso.com ?

Go to bed Richie lol.
    edited June 2009
    I know man.. I know..
    edited June 2009
    I've found that ole' time simmers are beyond spoiled. It's rather disheartening. Rather than looking at all the awesome new stuff, they're focused on why TS3 isn't TS2 :\
    edited June 2009

Don't like it? Don't play it. The rest of us will form our own opinions, thanks.

Roflcopter.. I give up.

When you form those opinions, be sure to log in here and express them, thats what the forum is for after all.... oh the ****ing irony.. you cant ALL be American.
    edited June 2009

Roflcopter.. I give up.

When you form those opinions, be sure to log in here and express them, thats what the forum is for after all.... oh the ****ing irony.. you cant ALL be American.

...wow. Ethnocentric much?

I'm really just trying to understand why someone who doesn't like the game and doesn't want to play it anymore will spend hours on that particular games forum complaining about the game they no longer wish to play, which, by the way, TS1 TS2 AND TS3 were made by...you know...American companies.

If your life is so pathetic that you wish to continue complaining about a game that you dislike and do not wish to play, then please continue...we don't want you to have nothing to live for.
  • ofmontrealofmontreal Posts: 404 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree it's a little tiny bit pointless.
  • toomuch4youtoomuch4you Posts: 292 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Here comes the Ameribashing.