Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Domestic violence?

Comments

• Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited March 2012
    MistyLake wrote:
    It's quite interesting how EA allows male sims fight and slap their GFs and wives...isn't that domestic violence?

Hmm...well women can beat up on their men although it is rare it does happen and it is still domestic violence. Truth is violence cares not for a specific gender nor age.

This game is rated T for teen and because of that there are some things that are allowed such as: Violence which is listed on the rating label of the game to warn potential buyers.

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    edited March 2012
    I can't say I ever saw it this way, or was even offended by it. Then again, my male sims usually never slap their girlfriend's/ wives, because I don't tell them to.

MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
  • esperonza16esperonza16 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited March 2012
    Domestic Violence? No. It's a game. Is it domestic violence in Mortal Kombat? Those people beat the hell outta each other and I personally love that game. Do I like REAL domestic violence? No. It's a game. Don't take it to heart so much. :)
  • MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    edited March 2012
    Domestic Violence? No. It's a game. Is it domestic violence in Mortal Kombat? Those people beat the hell outta each other and I personally love that game. Do I like REAL domestic violence? No. It's a game. Don't take it to heart so much. :)

Good point. There are a lot of games either containing violence or revolving mostly around violence. Doesn't mean I support real violence. Games are just that, games, and as I said above, I simply don't ever use that feature of my sims.
    Apart from that one time where my legacy founder found her husband with another woman - she slapped him then,because she was upset and hurt, not for the "fun" of it ^^

MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
  • Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    edited March 2012
    EA allows for SIMs to fight. YOU make the choice to engage in domestic violence.

This^
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited March 2012
    See the problem with the OP is that if EA listened to people like you, the game would start to lose its fun. Soon enough sims wont be able to burp because its not 'prim and proper' :P
  • Kryst51Kryst51 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited March 2012
    Has the OP even been back here since posting?.... I need to look back and see.
    edited March 2012
    Kryst51 wrote:

Yes. and her response was "whatever".
    edited March 2012
    She's only been back once, and that was to say "whatever".... sounds like a troll to me.
    edited March 2012
    NotSoLucky wrote:
    Kryst51 wrote:

Yes. and her response was "whatever".

Thanks! you posted while I was looking. LOL.
    edited March 2012
    Kryst51 wrote:
    She's only been back once, and that was to say "whatever".... sounds like a troll to me.

Shes just mad because people don't agree with her. The sims is a comedy game. She shouldn't be so uptight. :mrgreen:
  • manwitchmanwitch Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited March 2012
    Kryst51 wrote:

8)

let it die PLEASE! :mrgreen:

MW
    A Sam Witch is just a Sam Witch ...
    edited March 2012
    manwitch wrote:
    Kryst51 wrote:

8)

let it die PLEASE! :mrgreen:

MW

That's what I was hinting at. :D
  • Tigger19Tigger19 Posts: 1,516 New Member
    edited March 2012
    It depends whatever way you play your game. Sometimes it's hilarious but it doesn't mean I am going to do it in real life! :lol:
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited March 2012
    cherryy09 wrote:
    Men are just as likely to be victims of domestic violence.

Emphasising on men hitting women is rather sexist. I watched Coyote Ugly the other day, and in it, a woman punched a man in the face for being noisy. It was done in a flippant, careless way and was made to be funny. Because it was a woman doing it. If a man had punched a woman in the face for the same reasons, a whole big fuss would be made. Why the double standards?

It's not a double standard, men and women are designed physically different. While no one should be hitting each other, it is wayy worse for a man to hit a woman.
  • venusflytrap777venusflytrap777 Posts: 226 New Member
    edited March 2012
    It's not that serious but OP, do you think it's okay for men to fight other men and women to fight other women in the game? If so, then that means gay couples can fight and be domestically violent. So I don't know where you'd draw the line. It doesn't bother me because it is cartoonish and silly animations and I don't have my couples throw each other around anyway.
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited March 2012
    captain-obvious.jpgCAPTAINOBVIOUS.pnglollermelon-lol-fruit-lulz-om-nom-nom-watermelon-demotivational-poster-1262291332.jpg

we can't possibly get into a serious discussion about domestic violence on the sims 3 board. come on, guys. this isn't psychology class, this is the sims.
    edited March 2012
    cherryy09 wrote:

Emphasising on men hitting women is rather sexist. I watched Coyote Ugly the other day, and in it, a woman punched a man in the face for being noisy. It was done in a flippant, careless way and was made to be funny. Because it was a woman doing it. If a man had punched a woman in the face for the same reasons, a whole big fuss would be made. Why the double standards?

It's not a double standard, men and women are designed physically different. While no one should be hitting each other, it is wayy worse for a man to hit a woman.

I don't fully agree with that. I have seen woman now a days being able to beat the hell outta men. My b/f is a strong guy. He's fought with other men a lot (younger years guy stuff) and he is a scrapper. But there is one person, a WOMAN, and that is the ONE person he is scared of because she is tougher then a man. I have seen woman beat men up plenty and bully them just like I've seen men do it.
  • MayIHaveACookieMayIHaveACookie Posts: 20,488 Member
    edited March 2012
    OP: Seriously? If you do feel bad about this, contact EA or something instead of telling ALL of us and causing an argument. :roll:
    And anyway, like many others have said, you're forcing them to do this and there are warnings on the box.
    sb2cck.gif
    edited March 2012
    cherryy09 wrote:

I don't fully agree with that. I have seen woman now a days being able to beat the hell outta men. My b/f is a strong guy. He's fought with other men a lot (younger years guy stuff) and he is a scrapper. But there is one person, a WOMAN, and that is the ONE person he is scared of because she is tougher then a man. I have seen woman beat men up plenty and bully them just like I've seen men do it.

haha your boyfriend sounds like a funny guy

edited March 2012
    OP: Seriously? If you do feel bad about this, contact EA or something instead of telling ALL of us and causing an argument. :roll:
    And anyway, like many others have said, you're forcing them to do this and there are warnings on the box.

trollers gon' troll
    edited March 2012
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    cherryy09 wrote:

haha your boyfriend sounds like a funny guy

:lol: He is hilarious. I love his personality. We can walk into a restaurant together and before the night is over he'll have half that place rolling with laughter. :roll: :lol: But that's one of the things I love about him.
  • Sims3Pony101Sims3Pony101 Posts: 2,163 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Why is this thread gone on for so long? This is ridiculous :lol:
  • JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited March 2012
    I do and admit that I love the fighting scenes but what i'm getting out is the fact that the female Sims can get slapped by men which I think is a little wrong for my liking.

Last time I checked, female sims can strike male sims. I don't condone any sort of violence at all but aren't you being a little sexist? Females hitting/slapping males is quite a sensitive subjects for many outside the game considering you often see women lash out on men for various reasons and nobody cares yet when a man shoves/fist-hits/slaps a woman everyone roars.
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    edited March 2012
    I think we've all gotten the point across, peeps. Let's just leave it and go back to our regularly scheduled Simming. :)
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***