Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community Lot Guide - 7/9/2012 - Updated up to SN

Comments

• geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited December 2011
    Ty Rj :)
    I had this up for ages but I remembered that it needed updating , mostly because Auntie has it listed in the CAW FAQ thread so many people see it.

@JBAG521 Sorry for not getting back to you , but I'm often away and I usually miss new posts to my threads... I think I should add email notifications on this one. As Wombastic and Vanilla said , the sizes are the exact size of the building plus a few squares. You can use those sizes if you don't want to add anything else on the lot , but note that it will be better to place the building as back as possible so sims have plenty of room between the entrance and the road. This is very important especially in Equestrian centers as horses need more room to move around. Also by using this sizes, you might need Moveobjects cheat to place them ( some of the buildings won't be placed without the cheat even in 64x64 lots - No idea why , but it's EA after all)

OK I've updated with TL, Pets and HS lots Plus the new Skydiving Rabbit hole that comes with the recent free focus set.

Have Fun world Building :)
  • betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited December 2011
    geminiagre-
    I really don't like you right now. :wink: I literally just spent hours making a spreadsheet with all of this info! ERRG!

..But seriously, thank you! :lol:
    edited December 2011
    LOL!!!
    I freaked out when I read the first sentence. I was like "what the heck did I do now???" But then of course I LOLed. You're welcome :)

The list is up since May, but I've completely forgot about updating it with new info, not to mention that as i'm not getting notified about new posts even though i have this option selected (went to do it yesterday after my previous post and realised it was already on , and sending me nothing), with my every other week out of town, I completely forgot the possibility of someone posting on here :oops:

Anyway, don't head desk about doing something that's already there.
    I have this thing printed, but whenever i have a world idea, I right down on paper all the community lots i need, and by using this as a guide I start writting down final sizes for each one off them , by noting witch rabbithole i'm gonna use. So this list is actually less than half of the work as I still end up writting down sizes and info on each one
  • betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Haha! Same here! I have a notebook at my computer desk just full of CAW lot sizes! The other day, I thought of typing it on a spreadsheet so I can print it out any time I need it. I have also made a spawners checklist, but it hasn't been updated for awhile.
    With all of this info I have on CAW, it's crazy to think that I haven't even finished any of my worlds yet! I haven't had any time recently, and CAW has been not wanting to work for me! But I literally just fixed it somehow. *Don't ask how, because I have no clue!* :)
  • happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited December 2011
    great list! I also like to add community gardens sometimes with plants to grow. Like the one in Twinbrook next to the pool. Label it as a small park.

you may also want to edit WA tombs to say "landmark tomb" which shows up in edit town, and "hidden tomb" which doesnt show up as a lot itself and can be used for any lot that you dont want to show up in town mode, like a hidden beach, lake or subway

*sorry to edit this so many time, but I just wanted to add an experience I had with a wedding style lot. An outdoor lot labled as an exclusive lounge (if you have LN) makes a great spot to host a wedding party. I turned the ampitheater in Twinbrook into an exclusive lounge by adding a piano and the other instuments to one side of the stage and a wedding arch on the other side of the stage. I also added some benches and tabels with chairs facing the stage on the diffrent levels, and connected two of the expensive bars on the very top to spawn bartenders. I also added some outdoor lights so it wasnt dark and night and places some wedding style decoration around the lot to make it festive. It turned out to be a lovely space for the wedding and there was plenty of room for all the guests to walk around with no routing issues!
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited December 2011
    How do you make a base camp lot? because it's not listed in the drop down box when you are changing lot types. :?
  • crs9900crs9900 Posts: 711 Member
    edited December 2011
    This is very helpful!!
    I am in the middle of placing lots in a world and now I know the
    demensions of each building and how many there are.
    Thanks. :D
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys :)

Happyjme ty for the tips, I'll add them.

niac I don't think you can do it in game. You can only do it in CAW. And I have no idea how exactly it works when a world is installed in the game. Rflong is better with this stuff

Betty_me I was thinking about spawners yesterday. Especially the ones in game can be really confusing sometimes. As I would love to know witch one spawns EXACTLY what , in case i want a specific fish or bug when i'm building a lot.
    In CAW things are a bit easier, except a few fishing and seed spawners. Lake common 1 and lake common 2 for example means that they both spawn common lake fish but the don't tell you which ones.
  • happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited December 2011
    a guru should really sticky this thread on the top so it stays put. It is quite usefull for new builders.
    edited March 2012
    It is listed in Autielynds thread that is stickied. So really no need for stickying on it's own, but thanx for the suggestion :)

March 1st 2012 - I'm getting Lunar Lakes today so I will be adding that information too, later

March 11th 2012 - First post has been updated with LL rabbit holes. My ST order is still on hold so no idea when i'll be able to update with ST venue sizes.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited March 2012
    Geminiagre greeti13.gif
    Just had to tell you how much, and often I refer to this. Thank you for keeping it updated, and adding all the ideas for special lots. :mrgreen:
    edited March 2012
    NP Auntie :) I'll need to update it for ST now that i finally got my game. However, i think that not all ST shells are available. Am i Correct? I haven't checked it at all.
    I got so distracted by trying out the EP so i totally forgot. Im off to bed but I'll update when i wake up :)
  • maaniomaanio Posts: 247
    edited March 2012
    Really helpful topic, thanks for sharing it :)
  • rchristisonrchristison Posts: 129 Member
    edited March 2012
    Fantastic..thankyou :)
    Origin ID - OrtwinOmaar
    edited March 2012
    NP :D

I will be updating later with the ST lot sizes

ETA: updated for Showtime lots :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    edited April 2012
    Thanks! Each time u update them, I wind up have to copy and paste onto my notebook so I can print them out. But pretty soon, I will have to make a book on it. LOL! Just joking. But it is very, very useful. :)Thanks again! :)
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
    edited April 2012
    Pugslover4 wrote:
    Thanks! Each time u update them, I wind up have to copy and paste onto my notebook so I can print them out. But pretty soon, I will have to make a book on it. LOL! Just joking. But it is very, very useful. :)Thanks again! :)

LOL You are welcome :)

psssst ... I copy and paste them too on my notebook to print them, you are not alone in this...But don't tell anyone :P
  • hugzandpipes1hugzandpipes1 Posts: 128 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Thanks Gem, you are a gem!!! :lol::lol:
    edited April 2012
    LOL!! You are welcome hugz *hugs* :P
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited May 2012
    Wow thank you Gemini. :thumbup:
    Bookmarked
    This space is for rent.
  • JitamioJitamio Posts: 106
    edited May 2012
    Awesomesauce! Thank you so much!
  • jafo88fanjafo88fan Posts: 577 Member
    edited August 2012
    Great guide. I have been looking for something like this to be able to add lots to the towns already in the game. I want to have all the lot types in one town but haven't had much luck with CAW so this will come in very handy!

:thumbup:
    edited September 2012
    Thank you guys :)

I ill be updating soon with Sunlit Tides and Lucky Palms info , and I will also be adding SN info once i get my game sometime next week.
    edited September 2012
    Updated with Lucky Palms and Sunlit Tides info :)
    edited September 2012
    Updated for Supernatural :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top