Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am confused. Since when are you not allowed to upload cc to the exchange?

I have uploaded two cc tops with a different pattern on each. They are not dodgy because I use them myself and they don't cause problems so why has it said when I click on them item no longer listed and it is has been deleted by E.A? I thought we were allowed cc items :(

Comments

• Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I figured since square one considering CC generally requires a mesh and the exchange is only recolours really. This could then cause issues for players that download what you uploaded if they didn't have the mesh or the file was buggy due to bad CC. On top of that you also need to check if whether or not the original creator of that CC wants to have the work re uploaded to the exchange or not and I know that pretty much everybody on Mod the Sims is a no to reuploading to the exchange.
  • sapphiretigersapphiretiger Posts: 260 Member
    edited March 2012
    I guess so but If I put a sim on the exchange with cc clothes, I'd still be doing that wouldn't I? I only changed the colour of them. Literally just a pattern change. I have no idea how to do any of those things. I thought because you're allowed to upload sims with cc I thought you could withc clothes? :s Hmmmm
    edited March 2012
    and thanks so much for replying :)
  • Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I guess so but If I put a sim on the exchange with cc clothes, I'd still be doing that wouldn't I? I only changed the colour of them. Literally just a pattern change. I have no idea how to do any of those things. I thought because you're allowed to upload sims with cc I thought you could withc clothes? :s Hmmmm

Yep. If you use CC clothes then the person downloading will also need to have that clothing item in their game. Same applies to custom patterns you downloaded from external websites. If you recoloured one of the patterns from the base game or any of the expansion packs then the upload is safe. It is best to avoid uploading anything that uses CC to the exchange to risk causing problems with other people's games.
    edited March 2012
    okay thanks for that :)