Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Expansion Packs?

Do you have a favorite expansion pack of all time? If so, how would you like it to be incorporated into the Sims 3? My favorites were Pets, Seasons, and Superstar. If and when Pets releases for the Sims 3, I would like it a lot if you could buy a leash and take your dog on a walk. They could go to the beach and play Frisbee, catch butterflies, etc. Know its your turn.

Comments

• vivicanavivicana Posts: 374 New Member
    edited August 2009
    MAGIC I want little dragons they were the best pet ever, cause they did not go on your family thing at the side and take up space for sims.
  • LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Without a doubt, I can say that Makin' Magic, OFB and Seasons were the best EPs put out for The Sims. They each added very unique gameplay, lots of cool objects and clothing, and they offered something to do in The Sims.

Sure, you could go on a date, but now you could run a business, or turn someone into a toad! Its that kind of humor that the EPs brought that really set The Sims apart from other games.
  • ChiodosMurderChiodosMurder Posts: 287 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I loved Seasons. It added realism to the game, and without them it just feels like its missing a crucial part. I also loved pets, as for most families irl, pets are a big part. :) Just like my family and our kitties. It would be cool if there were more pet-Sim interactions in this one, like you said, where they can be taken out on walks around town, etc.
  • Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited August 2009
    Seasons
    Open For Business
    Pets
    Nightlife

Are my favorites.
  • Calimero2000Calimero2000 Posts: 1,007 New Member
    edited August 2009
    That's a tricky one. I enjoy most of the EPs and I'd like to see a fair few of them in TS3 just to see what EA does with them in the new game.

Pets, as you said, could be very good. Or Bon Voyage (Even though it sounds like that's going to be the first EP, but we don't know yet...) Or even Uni or NL.

I haven't got AL but I think it would be good on TS3.

I also think they should add the option to make your own lots, etc. with the first EP. It's terrible they left that out.

Happy Simming,
    Calimero :D
  • CharlotteAnneCharlotteAnne Posts: 46 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Pets
    Nightlife
  • Austin4564Austin4564 Posts: 55 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Makin' Magic! I loved that one! Great ideas you guys!
  • Dblue055Dblue055 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited August 2009
    I loved Seasons Nightlife and Open For Business. Those are my Favorites.
    261a8405-8332-45e6-91d2-86a92a948212_zps31d10c21.jpg
    edited August 2009
    BUMP
  • SwiftclrmSwiftclrm Posts: 62 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I always loved the Superstar EP, but I find that it's one people often forget.
    I thought it was so cool how your simmies could go and try their luck at being famous. I know they have elements of it in Sims 3 but it's not the same, because in the Superstar EP you really had to work for it.
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited August 2009
    Seasons, Pets, OFB, Nightlife, Bon Voyage . . .I liked basically all of them, except for Uni. (The only good thing about Uni was the Cowplant :twisted:, and some of the other career rewards)

I never did get to play Makin' Magic, but I LOOOOVE Dragons. Man!!! Anyway, dragons would be AWESOME to have.

I miss the realism the above EPs brought: The changing weather (which should affect people's mood: Like even the most friendly of sims could get irritated by too much sun or heatwaves. Besides, the lightning, rain, snow, hail, what about hurricanes that can damage your house and lot? Or a tsunami? Or Forest fires? Heatwaves? A Nor'easter? Oh the possibilites!)

Pets are apart of everyday life for a lot of people, why not the sims? But it should be a bit more involved than what it was.

OFB: I loved owning my own businesses, it was so awesome.

Nightlife: The vamps were cool and bringing in a dating world, it could be better with TS3 now.

Bon Voyage: Going to destinations and taking a vacation.

I also liked the witches in AL, as well as having apartments. But it would be nice to have condos that you can buy instead of rent.
  • NattieNattie Posts: 1,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Seasons, it was so much fun.
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited August 2009
    I loved Seasons. I loved the snow. It made my Sims homes seem so cozy when they had a fire in the fireplace. I also loved Pets. I hope if they make another pet EP that it will have other pets other than dogs, cats and birds. I would like some horses this time around. :wink:
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • pandora4copandora4co Posts: 729 Member
    edited August 2009
    In Order of Preference;

Nightlife
    Seasons
    Freetime
    OpenforBusiness
    Pets**

** While I LOVED the addition of animals, I think that that EP could have been way better. It needed more interactions between pets and Sims and more variety in small animals. Should have included not only birds and rodents, but lizards,snakes, and a much larger variety of fish tanks.
  • lovints2lovints2 Posts: 3,738 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'd have to say Seasons was my all time fave :D As others said it brings alot of realism to the game :!: Nightlife was also one I never uninstalled from the day my husband put that Ep in my hand, I like Al but (not the magic part) bogged my game down to much. I'm not one for Magic 8)Bv and Obf was okay.Uni was eh, My least fave was pets. Won't make a mistake and buy that one ever again. The pets were limited Cat,Dog,Fish,wormrat,Bird.(Where's ferrets,snakes,rabbits,frogs and the list goes on :!: They left out so many pets. :roll: That killed pets for me forever.
  • tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited August 2009
    In order:
    Superstar
    Seasons
    Makin' Magic
    Nightlife

I almost installed The Sims on my computer the other day. Just to play Makin' Magic and Superstar. 8)
  • rockbelly929rockbelly929 Posts: 591 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Bon Voyage. on TS3 edition, make an airport in the neighborhood, then when u make a vacation, u see the plane fly to an island or something. that would be cool!

also, seasons and pets
  • MommaSimMommaSim Posts: 86 New Member
    edited August 2009
    SEASONS was definitely my favorite! I loved how things changed as the year went by. Right about the time I'd be getting bored and thinking about getting off, the first snow would start falling, and my sims would start running to the windows and getting all excited. :mrgreen: I loved thunderstorms, and really had fun watching my Sims play in the puddles after!!

• ZombieBunnyZombieBunny Posts: 61 New Member
    edited August 2009
    In order
    Making Magic
    Seasons
    Open for Business
    Nightlife.

I really hope seasons isn't the first expansion pack though,it adds very little to the game. I just want my zombies/vampire hybrids back.
    edited August 2009
    Great ideas! I hope we'll see this stuff in future expansion packs.
    edited August 2009
    BUMP
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hmm, I've got so many, I liked a little bit about of each one, but to narrow it down I guess I'd have to go with...

Nightlife,
    Pets,
    Seasons,
    Bon Voyage,
    and Apartment Life :D
  • Manda1093Manda1093 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My favorite expansion packs have to be...
    Nightlife
    Bon Voyage
    Superstar
    Pets :)
  • 3004sh3004sh Posts: 44 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Superstar and Makin Magic :)
  • 8bubbles8joe8bubbles8joe Posts: 90 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Seasons
    Pets
    University