Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened

:(Hey Gang ,

I am a diehard fan of the Sims and have owned every single expansion for each of the sims releases. Today I got the Sims 3 after having it reserved since December and was extremely excited only to load it and start seeing why many are not thrilled with this HIGHLY hyped new release.

Where did these things go :

Hot Tubs And Diving Boards

Playable Community Lots

1st's Videos for Sim Firsts ( marriage , babies )

Customizable Community Lots

How Do You ? :

Where the heck do you buy clothes ?

How do you create patterns for this thing ?

Whats Up With :

Ultra Speed ( Its not Ultra LOL )

Will We Have Custom Content ??? ( This is so important to the Sims as a game and as a community )

I am not expecting the Sims 2 just to clarify...but when one releases a sequel generally speaking it is supposed to improve substantially on the previous versions of the game. I feel alot was taken from this game line and I sincerely hope that free patches and upgrades are to follow shortly. I love the Sims and I hope Maxi's will do right by its dedicated fan base and start to fix some of the things that their fans are upset with.

Comments

• SciFiWarlockSciFiWarlock Posts: 5,267 Member
    edited June 2009
    I think we will get some things like diving boards and hot tubs in an EP, when making a seamless hood that will work on multiple computer platforms some things had to be put aside for the time being

As for playable community lot do you mean being able do things inside the building or owning a business, again may be in and EP just as Sims2 gave us those abilities with NL and OFB.

I miss the cut scenes too

You don't buy clothes, just go to a dresser and have your sim plan outfit and it takes them back to the clothing options in CAS and all the clothes are available. I kinda liked buying clothes too but sometimes it was just annoying.

I thought it was just me that had the not so Ultra Ultra speed issue.

I like the game thought just will take time to get used to it all :wink:
  • SimmerOfSimsSimmerOfSims Posts: 298 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I hope they will add those in the next expansion packs.
  • MissFergyMissFergy Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the info ! I like the game and I hope it progresses with expansions and that the custom content will be available for Sims 3 as in the previous releases . My reason for posting this was not to hate on this game its new and I just wanted to know if we were indeed missing these things or I was missing something...LOL !

Thanks for the info !
  • sims2nightyfansims2nightyfan Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited June 2009
    Well I figured somthing out. Click on your Drawer and plan clothese or change clothes and it takes u back to CAS to change clothes :wink: