Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• hickey1962hickey1962 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2009
    That you can't have more than one created family in a neighborhood (like sims2) where they can interact, maybe have the kids marry each other some day, etc. I read there's a way of having two families, but one will continue to age while you play with another. I don't like that. I want to create a neighborhood of families, they meet, mingle, and marry.
  • GwwyynnGwwyynn Posts: 27 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I can't get used to the timing in this game.

Seriously, I'm so used to time freezing for the other families and only the family you were playing is aging and progressing.
    Now whenever I play the game I see someone who is an Young Adult and by the time I see them again, they are Elderly.

It seems like time is going to fast for me or something.

:roll:

In the options there is a way to make their lifespans longer or, I think, to freeze aging also.
    edited August 2009
    Rrrjtl1 wrote:
    Don't know if this has been mentioned or not (didn't wanna sift through 154 pages LOL). But my biggest problem is that none of my single sims in the time stream so to speak will get married or even move out on their own.

The closest I've seen is that they will occasionally be in a relationship with someone when you come back after not playing them for awhile.

I also would like to see more single sims getting married. And moving out - but only if they don't disappear when they do. And there would have to be more lots to accomodate them if they did move out.
  • HyacithHyacith Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    No custom neighborhood and no ability to create custom skin tone. At least they could have had a real black in it!
  • Princeton09Princeton09 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I wish they can have pets, then for me the game would be complete.
  • YippiyiyoyoYippiyiyoyo Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't really like the hairstyles :? They should add some more styles in a patch or expansion. That would make me happy :-)
  • queenmoon555queenmoon555 Posts: 178 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It takes four hours to load a house. Sometimes I get so impatient I close the game.
  • angelswirly31angelswirly31 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It really bothers me that I can't start one sim family in the neighborhood. Then go and start another family in the same neighborhood. In the Sims 2 I could run two families and then maybe have them start a relationship and get married. You can't do that in the Sims 3.
  • ilikescrubsilikescrubs Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    it keeps shutting down, and you have to buy with real money all they cool things you buy the game for :\
  • lilyplantlilyplant Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I definately think the hair do's were a downer. And theres no diving board or hot tubs. The Ultra speed is barely 'Ultra' - You spend ages waiting for your sim to be fully rested, which is especially boring when you're only playing with the one sim. But I think the worst is that your sims don't even get in the car properly! They just push a button and woosh, the car is on the roa and your sim is in it. Very unrealistic, and you don't have the option to always drive your car to work, so the car pool stops coming to your house and honking for like an hour. And you can't lock doors either, its so annoying when parents go into there kids room and start using their computer even though theres one in there own room.

And I miss pets :(

There's alot of improving to do!
  • Matzma9Matzma9 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    That I still can't download purchased items or Riverview - even with the patch! :(
  • YukiunniYukiunni Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I hate how there is no memory/history in sims 3.
    i want to know what my sims' been up to! :twisted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • silencecomplexsilencecomplex Posts: 392 Member
    edited August 2009
    Not being able to see my Sim working, and interact with coworkers at work. So huge, I guess it's expansion material because every career would need animations and such.
  • ElizabethWynElizabethWyn Posts: 187 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    We can't make our own custom neighborhood. :cry:

I hear you. I like being able to put lots where I want. If I had it my way, Sunset Valley would have a shopping mall, a couple more theaters and restaurants, and all the residential lots would be beachfront.

Oh, and here's more things...srry I'm listing more than one. I can't help myself.
    1. They should make peach trees, cherry trees, blueberry/raspberry/etc bushes...wouldn't those make nice pies?
    2. Why can't EA make some cute hair and clothes for once? All those unflattering belly tops and 90's denim drive me insane.
    3. I'd like to see some townies achieve their life goals.
    4. I hate it when single elderly townies have babies that are always a combination of the worst traits...
    5. I loved memory! They should bring it back :mrgreen:
    6. Give. me. pianos.

lol i pretty much agree with every post here. Except with the fast forward speed thing, mine is fast enough, but I rarely use it because my sims never have to sleep (cheat: testingcheatsenabled true then shift and drag mood meters up individually, or shift and click mailbox "make all happy")
  • eiphos1212eiphos1212 Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited August 2009
    I couldn't be more frustrated by the fact that there's no piano! I mean I don't know about everyone else but I NEVER used the guitar in sims 2 and what happened to sticking to traditions and putting in a piano like all the other sims games have had. I used to just sit and listen to my sims playing piano and now I'm stuck with guitars!

Also I've not been able to set my sims as profiles and it's annoying me because that's the only reason I upload them.

AND... (I obviously can't count to one can I?)... I can't STAND that the skin blending doesn't work. I usually like to just blend like really white sims with darker sims and see what sort of nice blend I get but now I'm stuck with sunless vampires who have dark sun lovers for kids!

I love the Sim's three but somethings are just common sense and stil weren't put in!
  • SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited August 2009
    lilyplant wrote:
    I definately think the hair do's were a downer. And theres no diving board or hot tubs. The Ultra speed is barely 'Ultra' - You spend ages waiting for your sim to be fully rested, which is especially boring when you're only playing with the one sim. But I think the worst is that your sims don't even get in the car properly! They just push a button and woosh, the car is on the roa and your sim is in it. Very unrealistic, and you don't have the option to always drive your car to work, so the car pool stops coming to your house and honking for like an hour. And you can't lock doors either, its so annoying when parents go into there kids room and start using their computer even though theres one in there own room.

And I miss pets :(

There's alot of improving to do!

Hehe I agree with all of that
  • momlovsim3momlovsim3 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I second that on not being able to build up your own town. I would like to have some of the buildings spaced out. The other thing is that I can't get into Riverview town. I have it downloaded but when I go to click on it nothing happens except Sunsetvalley comes up.
  • momlovsim3momlovsim3 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I second that with no being able to create your own town. I also have a hard time figuring out how to play in Riverview. I have it downloaded but sunsetvalley keeps ******* up.
  • starsjoshstarsjosh Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i don't like being able to create custom lots lol i tried to make Spencer's mansion from resident evil 1 :( 60X60 lots only build one wing of the mansion lol
  • coolgirl355coolgirl355 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Zeffrin wrote:
    joeypesci wrote:
    Released too early. The AI still needs work and isn't as free will as they claimed it would be. You'll make dinner and more often than not your character will make it and then just leave it, forgetting to eat it. I'm still having to tell my sim when to go to the loo instead of him working it out for himself.

yeah whats with that... my sim is starving hungry so I tell them to go cook since they were too busy watching tv to eat even though they're already almost maxed out on fun.

Then, after she finishes cooking, she just immediately puts it in the fridge and goes back to the TV?! First time I thought oh ok cool, odd but whatever but seems like almost everytime a sim cooks they either just leave it there or put it straight in the fridge....

This results in a fridge no doubt packed to tbe brim in leftovers and yet they keep on cooking fresh food... arghhhhhhh

all you have to do to fix that is go on options and change the sims freedom and choice of what they do!
    edited August 2009
    It really bothers me that I can't start one sim family in the neighborhood. Then go and start another family in the same neighborhood. In the Sims 2 I could run two families and then maybe have them start a relationship and get married. You can't do that in the Sims 3.

Actually, if you are playing with a family and then go to "edit town", you have options to create new people, put people and houses into town - limited on space though, but you can also select a different family to play. You will lose your short-term goals when you switch families, but you can play that new family and then go back later to the other.

Just remember though, while you do, the other family will still be aging and things will change for them.

But if you go to options, you can change the aging settings also. I think that works for the entire town and not just the family you are playing.
  • Smarty_Sims3Smarty_Sims3 Posts: 46 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I seriously think that we should be able to make our own neighbourhoods. Also. I dont like how you can only put empty houses from the bins onto empty lots. Cos there is no-where to get extra empty lots. It also takes wayto long to build a house. on Sims 2 i could build really awsume house but now I cant because the tools arnet as good. They really need some more hairstyles too. I wish that you can also see inside the other community lots. i really want to see what a sims teacher looks like.

:oops: :shock: Check out my sims :shock: :oops:
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited August 2009
    Have you simmers gotten the 1.3 patch that came out on 7/27/09? It fixes a lot of issues. nothing really bothers me about the game yet.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • 3Margie53Margie5 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree about the only instrument being the guitar.

Also hair really sucks. I can't make my fave character because the long hair for the guys is really bad, really girly, like my son says :)

What was with Sims 1 and Sims 2 with the spiral staircase. I had to wait until the end of the game expansions to finally get one. And of course Sims 3 doesn't have one. I like them because they take up a lot less space :)
  • CierraSoPhreshCierraSoPhresh Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009
    That you cant drive the cars. Like manually. Cant they create some sort of way to drive using the arrow keys or something? :( I was hoping that the creators would put that in because you cant drive in the sims 2 either.