Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ugh cant sing on stage

I set up stage and as soon as i set it up its almost like it resets and my sim is back at the stage and teh stage is cleared, even if i click the stage after set up and choose perform it still does it..

Comments

• LIesaBLIesaB Posts: 93 New Member
    edited March 2012
    me too it's annoying and i just started playing showtime,somebody!!!! anybody!!!! tell us what we should do
  • mdmwhitemdmwhite Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited March 2012
    Is your sim in their performance clothes? They have to be in their career outfit to do performances.
  • monika181989monika181989 Posts: 8
    edited March 2012
    im having the same problem and my sim IS on work custome !
  • kmwickedxxkmwickedxx Posts: 5 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I had this problem and I had no idea what was causing it but after a lot of testing I discovered I had a mod that needed updating. It was the "Hidden Skills Unhidden" mod which I'd forgotten I even had so it could be something like that causing your problems too.
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    edited March 2012
    I had the same issue last night and this worked for me and Quold
    found a way to fix the problem.

Sims can't perform on stage or sing a Sing'o Gram. They get reset

Has to do with Sims not properly switching into Career outfits.

Sims reset instead of performing
    Problem

My Sim is supposed to perform on stage but he gets reset and stands next to the stage

My Sim can’t perform a sing-o-grams. He resets
    Cause

The Sim that is supposed to perform has not switched into his work outfit which causes the reset

Solution
    Switch the Sim to their Stage Cloth prior to getting on stage
    Give your Sim a second career outfit

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/505859.page
    new.png
    edited March 2012
    double post
    new.png
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited March 2012
    The outfit things is weird, did you have cc on your sim or unlocked outfits that caused them not to change correctly by any chance?

One time I have had to change them into another outfit so they can change back correctly and another time I had to change them from everyday wear to formal and then they got the right career wear for performing. Both times this happened on my second computer - the one that does have cc in it. In one case my sim was wearing some of that cc and in another case was not, although some of her alternate outfits (formal and pjs) were cc.

I have yet had it happen on my game never gets any cc on it but I don't know for sure its cc related. I have been trying to find out from others who have had this issue, corrected by just changing outfits to see if they had cc in their game or not, but have not heard back yet.

edited March 2012
    stormwench wrote:
    The outfit things is weird, did you have cc on your sim or unlocked outfits that caused them not to change correctly by any chance?

One time I have had to change them into another outfit so they can change back correctly and another time I had to change them from everyday wear to formal and then they got the right career wear for performing. Both times this happened on my second computer - the one that does have cc in it. In one case my sim was wearing some of that cc and in another case was not, although some of her alternate outfits (formal and pjs) were cc.

I have yet had it happen on my game never gets any cc on it but I don't know for sure its cc related. I have been trying to find out from others who have had this issue, corrected by just changing outfits to see if they had cc in their game or not, but have not heard back yet.

No I don't have any CC in my game and I had this issue last night for min.
    new.png
  • 620mlm620mlm Posts: 10 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I can't get my sim to change clothes at all....
    I have tried from a wardrobe, clicking on them and through the master controller and the sound effect for changing happens, but they never move and the clothes always stays the same.
    I even tried having her take a shower hoping that would help, but she showered with her clothes on!! HAHA!!
  • stephie1996stephie1996 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Have the same problem.. she's getting gigs all over town but she can't perform! Tried the clothes thing, no luck. Even added a few outfits, no luck. Tried deleting the stage and undo like I read on here, no luck. Frustrating!
  • wildrneswildrnes Posts: 11
    edited March 2012
    My sim can not set up the stage, once i click on set up stage in any of the 3 options. She will walk on stage then has the bubble that shows she can not walk there.
  • ShelockHolmesShelockHolmes Posts: 119 New Member
    edited March 2012
    wildrnes wrote:
    My sim can not set up the stage, once i click on set up stage in any of the 3 options. She will walk on stage then has the bubble that shows she can not walk there.

That happened to me too, I even tried to edit the venue but it wouldn't let me fix it, which was way weird
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I has this bug then it progressed to now when my sim is preforming she is frozen on stage and can't complete any actions or even quit just stuck there until I reset her in console. Go to the next venue same thing frozen in place and no actions possible.