Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Patch is Here! Custom Content (CC) Free Simporting! -CLOSED-

New as of 3/9/12:
EA has released the patch that should fix the simporting issues. Your Launcher should automatically detect the update, but just in case, here's the link:
http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/-425390288

Happy simming! :D

With the newest feature, Simport, I've been noting several CC items appearing in game.

Custom Content (CC) is anything not made by EA. The Store is CC free.

Patterns made with the Create-a-Pattern Tool are Custom Content.

This is a list (second post) of simmers who are dedicated to being CC free that you can safely simport into your game.
Please let me know if you'd like to be added to the list.
Thank you!!

If you have any CC in your game at all, please do not request to be placed on this list - whether you'll be using the CC or not! Accidents do happen.....

Please note that you do not have to use anyone from this list, or Simport. It's all your choice. This is simply my short term solution until EA fixes the larger problem. Thank you.

I make no guarantees that every person on this list is CC-free.

Update:
This was just posted from SimGuruSNelson:

SimGuruSNelson
SimGuruSNelson
Hi Simmers. I wanted to let you know that we are releasing a Game Update very soon that will provide a solution to prevent any custom, user-created content from being installed in the host’s game when using SimPort. Additionally, this Game Update will ensure any files associated with a visiting Sim are not saved to a player’s system permanently.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are reading all of your posts and will continue to provide solutions as quickly as possible.

Awesome! I can't wait for the patch! :D

Comments