Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime & Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33 - Bug Thread

Comments

• H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited March 2012
    @Jarsie/Crinrict, yes, I only have one account.
  • Spidey220Spidey220 Posts: 21 Member
    edited March 2012
    Yup, that exact same weird name. At first I thought maybe it was just it glitching on display, but I can confirm that any achievements earned under that weird name, does not show up on the website.
    edited March 2012
    Sorry, double post.

But I can say that of course, I can log into the in-game store browser to spend money just fine lol
  • GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2012
    1. I use store content and some mods
    2. I don't use any big mods, just hair and clothes mostly, the only possibly big mod I use is the patch to remove the blur when showering etc. but it's updated to the latest version.
    3. I took the mods out after installing the patch
    4. I've pre-ordered Showtime but currently just have the patch.
    5. I'm playing my existing family.
    6. I'm playing Bridgeport from the Late Night EP
    7. Windows 7
    8. I don't even know where SimPort is yet, lol
    9. Social features like wall, etc. are enabled

My issue is my game is super laggy and my sims needs bar will no longer display. This has only been an issue since I updated to this patch about 10 minutes ago.
  • wzw1177wzw1177 Posts: 1,140 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Level 10 horse animation still hasn't been fixed? Oh my god... :evil:
  • H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited March 2012
    As can I and have done so to purchase the new sets released yesterday/today. Which also leads me to mention that it is currently 1.30 am and I will have to be disappearing soon :)

Thank you for trying to help. Hopefully further light will have been shed by the morning.
    edited March 2012
    I removed all my mods and it still logs in with that weird name, dunno what's up, everything else shows my log in name just fine.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2012
    H0RTENSIS & Spidey220: Did you see this. If that doesn't help, I'll add your issue tomorrow (well, later today, that is)
    Try moving the following files/folders to your desktop:
    - IGACache
    - SigsCache
    - socialCache and the usual caches
    - tslus.bin

I'm not exactly sure what they all do and they might affect the ingame Store as well somehow, but by moving and not deleting you can always move them back if you run into troubles.

Make sure you backup everything if you haven't done so.

@GurlGamer05: How can your mod be updated. The patch has been out officially for a few hours. Remove all mods and cc and try again. Also try if you have the same issue with a new game. There's some info about laggy games. It's not a new issue :)

Ok, like Hortensis, I'm off to bed. It's actually 2.30 am here :)

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited March 2012
    i forgot to say that i am using cc, but its all in CAS, what should i do?
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2012
    Remove all cc and see if it goes away. Make a copy of your game, so you don't loose anything and work on that. Also try if other Sims are the same.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited March 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    Remove all cc and see if it goes away. Make a copy of your game, so you don't loose anything and work on that. Also try if other Sims are the same.

even from the store?
  • KaydenStockwellKaydenStockwell Posts: 21
    edited March 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    base game only
    just downloaded 1.31 and crashes a few seconds into play. ok if paused.
    1.29 did this too.
    only ok if uninstall and don't update

Did you do DEP ?

Since GEN the file ts3w.exe needs to be added

im not computer savy. how?
    i have a pc
    edited March 2012
    Just gave it a try now, still the same issue. No idea what went wrong from the one boot up to the next, but sucks, that's for sure.
  • bspookbspook Posts: 140 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I to am having these same issues loggin in in game on my account give me a weird name..and i have none of the new updated featues such as career outfit catagory...the social stuff is there but i cant log into my account just some wrid road to nowhere accout comes up... i have no cc or mods...i have all current expansions and stuff packs to date and was fully patched up till todays patch...i got new patch thru the game launcher...iam on a pc
  • BudgiepadaBudgiepada Posts: 102 Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm also getting the "NoXroadsName" when I sign in while in the game. :?:
    edited March 2012
    Glad to know it's not just me, gives me hope that they'll fix it lol
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited March 2012
    Crin you forgot to add the unfixed Mugs' Door
    I haven't had any issues so far , I will try playing with my CC later
  • GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm also getting the NoXRoads name issue when logging in. After removing all of my mods, my other issue was fixed but now I'd really like for this one to be fixed lol.
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited March 2012
    Haven't read thread. Sorry, too irritated.

Just reporting:

Same rubbish. I have an invisible Sim. This time it's a Pet. Forced to move family to clipboard to try to make them reappear. When moving them back, HUD disappeared, meaning I can't go to edit town, can't go to family, can't select "exit game". Nothing.

Also, inexplicably, I am now unable to access Windows Task Manager AT ALL to force the game to quit.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the endless pages of memory notification spam. I have spent an hour deleting memories from my mypage. All from one person.

Same rubbish, different patch number.
  • SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    edited March 2012
    I too, am having the weird sign-in issue. Screen shot here.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited March 2012
    When I post/capture memories, it gives an icon instead of taking a snapshot of the scene. In fact, none of my sims memories are even showing up in the scrapbook. It has a pattern background of the negative, neutral or positive smileys but no picture of the memory itself.

Sure I had to be odd ball with weird glitch. But now that I think about it, the only EP's I have installed on this computer is: WA and AMB plus one stuff pack MSS.

And I use no MODS/CC.

Oh yeah, and I updated Origin before I installed TS3 patch.

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • snagonsnagonsnagonsnagon Posts: 170 Member
    edited March 2012
    I have no mod's or cc, after I install both updates(origin and the game update)I could play my game. I just tried to play my game again and the launcher says it can't connect to origin tried several time. I went to origin and sign in and then tried the launcher again everything came up like its suppose to. Went back to origins and signed out brought up a new launcher, part of it loaded so hit the welcome button and it messed up had to go into task master to shut it down. Tried again and this time it still part loaded but hit the button to into my game it did allow me to do this and it loaded the correct id name. When I quit the game it put a white box instead of going to my desktop, it was the size of the launcher, had to go into task master to get completely out of the game.
  • asmiraasmira Posts: 120 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I am having the same bug. I am logged in on the launcher, but it gives me the NoXroadsName login when I click play. I have updated Origin. I have no CC.
  • EternitysShadowEternitysShadow Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited March 2012
    wzw1177 wrote:
    Level 10 horse animation still hasn't been fixed? Oh my god... :evil:

Are you kidding?

Yes Yes give us the power to see our ~wall~ in game but don't bother to fix a huge glitch. :lol:
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hey Crin, just letting you know there is a new Cache in the game file. socialCache.package :)

Is this like the other packages that need to be cleared after each play to keep the game running smoothly? (Sorry if that's already been answered, I'm a little late to the party tonight)
    Gallery ID: LDM2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top