Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of him?

I haven't really created any share-worthy sims in a while, and I haven't created a decent male in twice as long. So I'm working on this guy right now, but something feels a bit... off to me. :? Do you have any suggestions/comments/etc?

Screenshot-87-3.jpg

Comments

• eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited February 2012
    I've spent a couple minutes looking at him just so I could come up with some constructive criticism but I honestly can't think of any. I love what you've done with him. Very unique with a lot of personality to his features. I'd put him in my sim world in a heartbeat. My guys get very repetitive. I don't have a lot of skill in CAS and I tend to continually do the "pretty" male faces with perfect features. Looking at yours, I can see myself lowering the mouth just a tad on my way to making him just like my boring males, but if I did that, somebody should smack my CAS trigger finger lol. I like your sim very much :-)
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • solar_midnitesolar_midnite Posts: 7,557 Member
    edited February 2012
    eilian wrote:
    I've spent a couple minutes looking at him just so I could come up with some constructive criticism but I honestly can't think of any. I love what you've done with him. Very unique with a lot of personality to his features. I'd put him in my sim world in a heartbeat. My guys get very repetitive. I don't have a lot of skill in CAS and I tend to continually do the "pretty" male faces with perfect features. Looking at yours, I can see myself lowering the mouth just a tad on my way to making him just like my boring males, but if I did that, somebody should smack my CAS trigger finger lol. I like your sim very much :-)

Haha I know what you mean about making sims all the same. xD My first instinct is to go with a guy that looks like this:

Screenshot-61-3.jpg

But I'm trying to get away from that. :XD: I'm glad you like him, though! I guess because he isn't what I normally do, that's why he seems off to me, but not necessarily in a bad way. Just... different. :XD:
  • eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited February 2012
    Wow. Just wow. Even your *boring* sims are so much more interesting than mine :D You do a great job. Seriously :thumbup:
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
    edited February 2012
    eilian wrote:
    Wow. Just wow. Even your *boring* sims are so much more interesting than mine :D You do a great job. Seriously :thumbup:

D'awwh, thanks. :oops: :XD:
  • AbbyMcTabbyAbbyMcTabby Posts: 794 Member
    edited February 2012
    I think he looks great but I'm not certain that is the right hairstyle for him, personally I would have thought something with a bit less "body"
  • MayIHaveACookieMayIHaveACookie Posts: 20,488 Member
    edited February 2012
    I think he looks great but I'm not certain that is the right hairstyle for him, personally I would have thought something with a bit less "body"

^Agree with the body about a bit. Have you done his clothes yet? Sometimes I usually don't think a sim feels right without their clothes. xD
    sb2cck.gif
    edited February 2012

Yeah, I'm not sure about the hair, either. It was the only one that was easiest to see his face with. :lol: However, I've just gone through all my male hairs, and none of them look right with his face. :( This one's the most decent-looking one; they all make him look weird. :?
  • LfriaLfria Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited February 2012

^This is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe try a shorter hairstyle?
    edited February 2012

^Agree with the body about a bit. Have you done his clothes yet? Sometimes I usually don't think a sim feels right without their clothes. xD

Haha I was actually working on that right now! ^_^ Although I have very few clothing for males, so he'll probably end up looking the same as all my other guys, at least in that department. :lol: This is what I have for his everyday wear:

Screenshot-88-3.jpg
    edited February 2012
    Aand... formal wear:

Screenshot-89-2.jpg
    edited February 2012
    Sleepwear:

Screenshot-90-2.jpg

Athletic wear:

Screenshot-91-1.jpg

Swimwear:

Screenshot-92-1.jpg
  • angeldollxxangeldollxx Posts: 786 New Member
    edited February 2012
    i think he looks great :) good job!
    edited February 2012
    i think he looks great :) good job!

Thanks! :3
  • ilikeskittlesilikeskittles Posts: 966
    edited February 2012
    he looks great! i'm so bad at making male sims :p
  • venusflytrap777venusflytrap777 Posts: 226 New Member
    edited February 2012
    He looks good. :)
    edited February 2012
    @ilikeskittles - Hah, thanks. :XD: Most of the time my male sims turn out uuuugly. :( Occasionally I can make a decent one, but not lately. Brain block, I think.

@venusflytrap - Thanks! Love your avi, btw! Almost didn't recognize you, since it's changed since I last saw your post. :XD:
    edited February 2012
    Does anyone have any last minute comments before I do some modeling and upload him?
  • SimsGirl003SimsGirl003 Posts: 1,253 New Member
    edited March 2012
    *heart pounds* I...like him a lot!! I couldn't stop myself from staring at him and focusing on his eyes! *lol* He has a nice kind of mysterious yet handsome stare. :mrgreen: I would looove to see some more stylish CC clothes on him, maybe experiment on that? :D You don't need to follow my comment, but just seeing him i could think of all these nice outfits he could wear to match his gorgeous face and hair..x) I'm just really into details and matching (~sorry) He has a model-like face and body structure, but with the current outfits...it doesn't do it for him. :3 That's just me!
    edited March 2012
    *heart pounds* I...like him a lot!! I couldn't stop myself from staring at him and focusing on his eyes! *lol* He has a nice kind of mysterious yet handsome stare. :mrgreen: I would looove to see some more stylish CC clothes on him, maybe experiment on that? :D You don't need to follow my comment, but just seeing him i could think of all these nice outfits he could wear to match his gorgeous face and hair..x) I'm just really into details and matching (~sorry) He has a model-like face and body structure, but with the current outfits...it doesn't do it for him. :3 That's just me!

Haha thanks! ^_^' Do you have any links to suggested clothing? 'Cause I have a very limited amount of male CC, and most of it is for bad boys. :XD: I'm very attracted to the bad boys... :oops: :XD:
    edited March 2012

Haha thanks! ^_^' Do you have any links to suggested clothing? 'Cause I have a very limited amount of male CC, and most of it is for bad boys. :XD: I'm very attracted to the bad boys... :oops: :XD:

I know what you mean haha! I like bad boys too :P Yes I have some links i have that I looked up quickly. :wink:

I was thinking maybe this style:
    http://www.sims3updates.net/details.php?cat=cas&id=6171
    edited March 2012
    Oh, so, like... sweaters and things? :XD: Is it just the everyday wear you think I should adjust, or all of it? XD (I suck at dressing guys, in case you couldn't tell. :lol: )
    edited March 2012
    Hmmm...yeah kinda. :) It's just an idea! Sweaters or tops that are kicked up a notch and little more stylish than normal. If you want simular pants, and shoes like in the picture, just browse through that website (myos I think?). (Lol don't worry! It's not the easiest thing to find good male clothes...I actually looked through soo many websites and I don't like 99% of the guywear clothes and only 1% that I like and would make my sims wear XD I'm extremely picky, that's also a problem I have..just ignore it =P) For the outfits, I don't really mind...i just think the causual outfit is the most important because that's what they wear during most of the day.
    edited March 2012
    Hmmm...yeah kinda. :) It's just an idea! Sweaters or tops that are kicked up a notch and little more stylish than normal. If you want simular pants, and shoes like in the picture, just browse through that website (myos I think?). (Lol don't worry! It's not the easiest thing to find good male clothes...I actually looked through soo many websites and I don't like 99% of the guywear clothes and only 1% that I like and would make my sims wear XD I'm extremely picky, that's also a problem I have..just ignore it =P) For the outfits, I don't really mind...i just think the causual outfit is the most important because that's what they wear during most of the day.

Yeah, I downloaded quite a few tops from Myos' website, they were a lot more preppy than anything I have in game (if I want preppy I usually rely on EA's clothing *shudders*). :XD: All right, well, I'll install this stuff in my game and then boot it up and see what we can do with him. ;) Might take like 15/20, though, my computer's got so much cc on it. xD
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited March 2012
    He's hot XD lol
    edited March 2012
    Emily4331 wrote:
    He's hot XD lol

LMAO! Thanks xDD