Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Want To Complain

I just opened an e-mail saying that if I pre-order Showtime through Origin I receive a free stuff pack.

1. I have been buying the stuff packs all along.
2. I have been buying retail copies all along.

In all honesty I do not find this promo fair. If "New" free items were offered I would say hey this is ok. But that would be wrong too as I do not want to play the game through Origin. I have been buying hard copies of the game for the reason that I may not be "online" in the future but will still be able to play The Sims 3.

This is not the first time The Sims game have had what I consider to be unfair offers with their launches.

Thanks for letting me complain.

Comments

• eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited February 2012
    They offer hard copies. :shock:
    353235_b.jpg
  • Marcool1790Marcool1790 Posts: 673 Member
    edited February 2012

:-ohaha thats funny, i want to complain too though, and this seems like the place. i just downloaded a car(vw beetle) and it want neccesaraly work. when the sim leaves the car just slides on the road, and when they go home they are automatically there and have no travel and they will(in the car) basically shoot out of the ground. this is also not the only cars(vehicals) that have done this. ok i complained, now can i please get some help.
    :?: :roll: :) :? :lol:
  • beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm sorry, but I don't really see how this is that upsetting. Many companies do this. I know Herinteractive does this with Nancy Drew games. Its kind of annoying, but not really outrageous. Sorry, but its the way the cookie crumbles...
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited February 2012

:-ohaha thats funny, i want to complain too though, and this seems like the place. i just downloaded a car(vw beetle) and it want neccesaraly work. when the sim leaves the car just slides on the road, and when they go home they are automatically there and have no travel and they will(in the car) basically shoot out of the ground. this is also not the only cars(vehicals) that have done this. ok i complained, now can i please get some help.
    :?: :roll: :) :? :lol:

You need to complain on the website that you downloaded the car from...this isn't the place to do it, since the car is CC.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • wizplacewizplace Posts: 1,820 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm sorry, but I don't really see how this is that upsetting. Many companies do this. I know Herinteractive does this with Nancy Drew games. Its kind of annoying, but not really outrageous. Sorry, but its the way the cookie crumbles...
    ^True^
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited February 2012

I live in the UK. I order from Origin. They don't offer me hard copies, just downloads.
  • Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited February 2012
    Uh-oh wait til OP finds out if you already own them, you don't get them. :shock: :wink:
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • SanariSanari Posts: 436 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I believe OP means hard copies as in retail bought (aka actually going to a electronic/game store).
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited February 2012
    I have really had enough of origin. I went to live chat (should have known better) and I asked them to please check and see if I had ordered Showtime, as my paypal said I paid for it, but never got the confirmation or any notification so, I asked and was told to order it again, and they would give me a 15% off code and I could get a stuff pack with it. I told them that I was checking if I already ordered as last time I ordered a stuff pack and had already ordered it, they sent me the stuff pack and the digital download which I paid for twice, and would not take one of them back even though I had paid for two, and they said because I ordered them and guess what he wants me to order another showtime, when I was checking with them to see if I was charged and the order was not placed. Why would I be stupid enough to order it again. Well trying to talk me into it, he said that he would just need my account name to order it for me. I told him that if he just needed my account name to order it, than he should have been able to check my order using my account name, he said he could not do that. What? So I would expect them to give you the free pack even though you already have it, take it as a download or the disk whichever one you do not have and use it as a backup or sell it on e--bay, Just a suggestion.
  • Cheyenne2786Cheyenne2786 Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    i would like to complain about sims 3 and the expansion pack, the game keeps freezing and it turns my computer off. at first i thought it was my computer but i recently baught another computer and it is doing the same thing over and over the screen goes black then it goes back to the sims then it goes black and goes off saying that there is a technical problem. i would like it if someone could contact me please and tell me why it is doing that
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited May 2012
    ^ If you want someone to help you, you need to be more specific. The answer can only be as specific as the question. It sounds like your video card isn't good enough to run the game and the display driver is crashing but I can't tell you for sure based on what you said.

What is the exact error? What are your specs? Please post the dxdiag (if you're using Windows, if you're using a Mac...I can't help you). If you don't know how to do that:

Click Start
    Type "dxdiag" in the search (without the quotes)
    Click on dxdiag
    Click Save All Information
    Copy and Paste that here
    34336_s.gif
  • mikedoo62mikedoo62 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have played The Sims since the beginning. The Sims was great for the time it came out...Sims 2 was an incredible upgrade. I loved it. Sims 3 was the best because the whole town aged and not just the house you were playing. Sims 4 is terrible. Unless you are a girl and like to make dollies and dress them there is little else to do that I see. It is completely limited to the house again. I held of buying it and finally gave in. I felt so cheated. I still play the Sims 3 and it is still fun. I hate Sims 4
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks this thread has been inactive for a really long time so I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top