Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something I would like to see...

Hey all. I was playing the other day and had a thought of something I think would be pretty cool. It would be neat to have the ability to upgrade objects to new levels. For example, in the game right now (base game - no store stuff) there is one bed (maybe two) with the super high settings for comfort and room score and such. What if handy sims were able to upgrade the lower level beds (and couches and other furniture) to higher levels. So the cheapest couch would be able to have a 10 comfort or 10 room score (or something). Maybe even set caps on things so that a cheap bed can only reach a maximum comfort level of 8. Still it gives us more choice as to bed styles for a good night sleep.

Anyway, I am just babbling over here.

Cheers!

Comments

• OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited July 2009
    Oh wow!
    You know what, I think that is a really neat idea.
    I really would love to see EA do something with your idea too.
    Sometimes those cheaper beds are convenient for those poor Sims, or cute.
    But it takes soo long for the energy bar to go up. :(

I love the idea of handy Sims upgrading bed levels. :)

Hope EA considers it an idea at least. :(
  • saitayasaitaya Posts: 126 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I agree. Or at least be able to spend money to upgrade it and still keep the same design because sometimes the other beds just look better with the design that you are going for in a room. But it lame that you have to sacrifice the stats on the bed if you do decided to use a cheaper one.
  • zamajamzamajam Posts: 174 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Thank you both for the comments. I totally agree with you guys. If I choose to use the cheaper beds to match a style of decor, I have to sacrifice comfort. I also like the idea saitaya stated about paying a little something to upgrade. Either way it would give us more decorating ideas without sacrificing comfort or room score.

Cheers!
  • BAMitsSamBAMitsSam Posts: 107 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I remember in ts2 just about all of my Sims had the same bed because of their needs. At least you can recolor them in ts3. But, I would really like upgrading, such a good idea.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited July 2009
    thtas a great idea! i hate having the same stuff in every house just cause the value is good on it. theres alot of stuff i like to use bui it its poor quality so the sims get a negative moodlet.
    like the cheap shower. i have some bathrooms that ONLY the cheap shower fits into, but even tho the shower can be upgraded, it always registers to the sim as a cheap shower
  • Cooper85Cooper85 Posts: 54 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Love, love, love your idea!
  • firestar77_2firestar77_2 Posts: 10,144 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I like that idea.
  • SimmySimmerSimmySimmer Posts: 263 Member
    edited July 2009
    I love your idea! Hope Ea sees this thread, I think they would also like it.
  • monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    edited July 2009
    The only thing is that there wouldn't be much incentive to buy new stuff or work hard to earn more money if you could just upgrade really cheap stuff to match the expensive ones.
  • NattieNattie Posts: 1,315 New Member
    edited July 2009
    That sounds like a good idea.
  • bucsfankhris05bucsfankhris05 Posts: 1,020 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Awesome idea! :)
  • rascilonrascilon Posts: 27 New Member
    edited July 2009
    monkymn00 wrote:
    The only thing is that there wouldn't be much incentive to buy new stuff or work hard to earn more money if you could just upgrade really cheap stuff to match the expensive ones.

You have a point, but there is not much point to money in TS3 after a couple Sims hit career level 10 anyway.

In fact (without any cheats), my three sims are so wealthy that they no longer have to eat, bathe, have fun or social activities. I simply send them to the spa for $7500 EVERY SINGLE DAY! Even spending $22,500 every day on that, and bills every three days for about $12,000 I am still profiting about $100,000 or more every single week.

That said, I think the OP idea is a good one but I think it could further imbalance the too much money problem the game already has. It could work if the designers added new items that cost at least 10x more than the current items.

--->Rascilon<---