Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a joke?

So I Just got my game today.

Let's me start by saying i've tried all of the different video quality settings, my video card more that meet the minimums spec for the game and yet, when I go to have my walls half down, They don't go down, the doors and windows just dissapear leaving empty squares!

And I put sinks into my counter-tops and where the sink in supposed to SINK there's only the counter top pattern.

Also, when I go into CASim I go to change the body-weight... nothing happens.
And when I go to change facial shape.. nothing happens.

Is this a joke?

Help?

Comments

• Options
    WeekendWarriorWeekendWarrior Posts: 91 New Member
    edited June 2009
    *Bump*

Any ideas on what going wrong?
  • Options
    AnaQAnaQ Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You might have issues with your PC. Did you check your specs and compare with the requirements?
  • Options
    mewne0mewne0 Posts: 40 Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't have the CAS problems but the game is very glitchy at the moment. The best thing you can do is call Tech Support and complain. :(
  • Options
    SillabubSillabub Posts: 50 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm having the same problems too. My computer is definitely more than capable to run the game, but when I go into the game things happen like what's happening to yours. I've tried all the settings..still none that works right.
    The CAS problem with the muscle/fat is probably the worst for me.

I heard it has something to do with if you have the disc version. Supposedly it's the buggy version. I read it in another forum so I'm not 100% sure.

I hope they release the patch soon.

P.S. I feel your pain. :cry:
  • Options
    SirenSiren Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have the same problem with the half-wall view. The walls stay up... just the doors and windows disappear.

Hopefully a patch will fix it. :?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I've been on the phone with tech support for about 20 minutes now.. Grr.

I have the disk version of it.

My system specs more than reach the minimun requirements.

I've had it.. I won't be recommending this game to anyone.
  • Options
    bootlicksbootlicks Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh good - someone else with the whole wall issue. At least it's not just me! :roll:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Um, what? am I reading this backwards?

Requirement Minimum You Have Test Results
    CPU (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.] Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz
    CPU Speed (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.] 2.00 GHz Performance Rated at 2.99 GHz
    System RAM (XP) 1 GB RAM; (Vista) 1.5 GB RAM [If built-in graphics then add 0.5 GB additional RAM] 3.0 GB

Operating System Windows XP (Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit (Build Service Pack 16001)

Video Card 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 or above " ATI Radeon 9500 or above " Intel GMA 3-series or above)

Video RAM 128 MB 358.5 MB

Video Card 3D Yes Yes

HW Transform/Lighting Yes

Vertex Shader version 3.0
    Pixel Shader version 2.0 3.0
    DirectX Version 10.0
    Sound Card Intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI
    Sound Card Driver 6.10.0.2035
    Free Disk Space 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games. 146.5 GB
  • Options
    sarahyagosarahyago Posts: 29 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Same here, when I do walls half closed, windows and doors disappear. Also, many of the adjustments to face and body do not do anything....I reinstalled, added 1 more GB of RAM... not sure what else to do.. and the computer game crashes after about 20 mins.
  • Options
    lydragolydrago Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2009
    Have you all tried updating your video card drivers?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Working on it as we speak.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hmm, know of where I could co to update my video drivers?
  • Options
    Persona1Persona1 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Theres no point in spending so much time and money creating such a resource intensive game if no one is going to be able to run it.
  • Options
    SimGuru_VixitSimGuru_Vixit Posts: 1,160 New Member
    edited June 2009
    For assistance with updating your device drivers, please read and follow the steps listed here:

https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=10711

Also make sure to check the Master Help Thread for solutions, which is updated with new information as it comes in:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/3714.page#21080

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top