Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh no! ;_;

Comments

• anzeoanzeo Posts: 222 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Mykalaply wrote:
    go to your start button find the search key in the search option type sims 3 find and delete all the files there empty your recycle bin then do this again when your computer says no matches found now reinstall the sims 3 hope this help did that to my friends computer and it worked :wink:

Hm. I'll try that, thanks.

<3
  • katelynsarvaskatelynsarvas Posts: 542 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I really want that custom hair but then I see something like this and chicken out.

how is it possible you've reinstalled and it still doesn't work?
    edited July 2009
    I really want that custom hair but then I see something like this and chicken out.

how is it possible you've reinstalled and it still doesn't work?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. :<
  • AmandaGlambertAmandaGlambert Posts: 21 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I've got tons of mods and custom content and my game hasn't ever crashed and sometimes on weekends i play it 8-10 hours straight.
  • katelynsarvaskatelynsarvas Posts: 542 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I've got tons of mods and custom content and my game hasn't ever crashed and sometimes on weekends i play it 8-10 hours straight.

How do I know I'll be that lucky though? Sigh.
    edited July 2009

How do I know I'll be that lucky though? Sigh.

It's not really a case of luck, it's a case of making sure your doing the right things... For instance I play with Game Booster running, I have a really great spec pc and I check my graphics card and directx updates once a week. Most crashed aren't always caused by glitches, they're sometimes to do with stuff on the PC conflicting with the game and graphic card errors.
    edited July 2009

I used to be able to do that, as well. And it was working fine the night before. The only things I had done between shutting down after playing Sims the other night, and trying to play yesterday morning, was download some CC. Which as I stated, deleted.
    edited July 2009
    anzeo wrote:

I used to be able to do that, as well. And it was working fine the night before. The only things I had done between shutting down after playing Sims the other night, and trying to play yesterday morning, was download some CC. Which as I stated, deleted.

Ok, lets see... What game mods did you have? Forget the CC for a minute... If you can remember any mods you had it might be helpful.
  • theRealDeal09theRealDeal09 Posts: 4,549 Member
    edited July 2009

Your lucky! I have two other siblings who play and we have to switch off on the computer. :cry:
    edited July 2009

Your lucky! I have two other siblings who play and we have to switch off on the computer. :cry:

Hmmm you really should have to unless your computer is having problems running it... What are your PC specs?
    edited July 2009
    anzeo wrote:

Ok, lets see... What game mods did you have? Forget the CC for a minute... If you can remember any mods you had it might be helpful.

Well, I deleted those too. But, if I can remember correctly, I had...
    Behaving Maid+$350: http://www.modthesims.info/d/353376
    Hidden Traits Unlocked: http://www.modthesims.info/d/343046
    No Mosaic: http://www.modthesims.info/d/343951

And I think that's all.
    edited July 2009
    Ah ha! My bro had his game crash after using the hidden traits mod. I never downloaded it so thats probably why mine didn't do it. Not sure how to stop your game from crashing after it's been taken out though. But now I can tell him someone else has used that mod and had their game crash.

Might be worth uninstalling your game, get a free registry cleaner then do a registry clean after the uninstall then restart your pc and re-install the game.
    edited July 2009
    Ah ha! My bro had his game crash after using the hidden traits mod. I never downloaded it so thats probably why mine didn't do it. Not sure how to stop your game from crashing after it's been taken out though. But now I can tell him someone else has used that mod and had their game crash.

Might be worth uninstalling your game, get a free registry cleaner then do a registry clean after the uninstall then restart your pc and re-install the game.

Okay, this may sound stupid. But how do I do a registry clean? I feel so foolish for asking.
    edited July 2009
    it's no problem hun, not everyone knows... Go to http://www.ccleaner.com/download/downloading and install that software. When it's installed load it up click on the registry button then at the bottom click "Scan For Issues" when it's done Click Fix Selected issues then select No when the popup comes up then is done. Restart PC and re-install and see if that helps :D
    edited July 2009
    it's no problem hun, not everyone knows... Go to http://www.ccleaner.com/download/downloading and install that software. When it's installed load it up click on the registry button then at the bottom click "Scan For Issues" when it's done Click Fix Selected issues then select No when the popup comes up then is done. Restart PC and re-install and see if that helps :D

Thanks<3
    I will try to see if this works. c:
    edited July 2009
    It..Didn't help. ;___;
    edited July 2009
    -->
    edited July 2009
    -->
    edited July 2009
    -->
    edited July 2009
    Come on, guys...
    edited July 2009
    -->

:<
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited July 2009
    I'd like to really help, but the most I can refer you to is this thread where a SimGuru listed the course of action (and relevant links) on how to back up and do a fully-clean uninstall of the game.

Best of luck to you; I know it's frustrating, but you may have more luck on the Technical Discussion section of the forums.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/77623.page
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
    edited July 2009
    This forum moves way too fast.
    edited July 2009
    Oh come on.
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited July 2009
    anzeo, did you even try the link I listed?
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela