Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Update News from the Sims 3 Team

Comments

• Beastboy840Beastboy840 Posts: 1,368 Member
    edited July 2009
    Jelw27 wrote:
    OMG thanks so much for the auto edge scroll!
    So far no troubles that I can find with it yet, fingers crossed :)
    Uhh... the Auto Edge Scroll was already on the sims....... It was on Options under Game Options!!!
  • Maat18Maat18 Posts: 53 Member
    edited July 2009
    1.3 Seems to be failing miserably on many computers. My only noticable problem is that a sim can't go from room to room without being instructed to "Go Here" first. They can't go directly to the object.
  • perfect12320perfect12320 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Anyone know why my game crashes now right before it gets to the screen where I choose my family?
  • Tenpenny22Tenpenny22 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I got a problem, when installing the new patch it gives me an error saying 'file not found.' I deleted all mods I had and replaced some files from the bin with the original ones and I still get the same error. Help please :cry:
  • ManInTheJarManInTheJar Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    kasmar45 wrote:
    The no censor mod also does not work anymore.

I fully understand the need for the censoring in the game. EA want to keep a good rating, but what I don't understand is why EA wants to stop people from removing the censoring if they want to. I will not run the patch until somebody makes a new shader precomp file for the patched version.

Are you suggesting that EA have to make sure their patches are compatible with unauthorised third-party mods of their software? Yeah, that sounds reasonable. :roll:
  • kasmar45kasmar45 Posts: 21 Member
    edited July 2009
    You are correct. I was just a bit put off because the mod I was using stopped working.

No matter though.. I have found a new mod that works.

The rest of the update is working fine for me. My sims walk all over the house without being instructed to. I sometimes play two sims living in the same house and I only direct one, the second one I let have free will and he gets along just fine, moving from room to room taking care of his own needs.

I did have an invalid file problem when I ran the update, but it was my modded shader file. I put the original shader file back and the update worked fine. I suspect that EA is doing a CRC check on all the files before they apply the patch.

Good luck to everyone and hopefully your Sims will be obedient little sims.

Waiting for the expansion? Hopefully there will be one.

• animate_meanimate_me Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    somehow I can't install the patch,, after it finished downloading and in the patching progress... it suddenly stop at near the end and there's a pop up saying "Update Error: File not found"

Can anyone help me with this? I never change the path of the file from my computer and never install any third party mod so it's still original...

Thanks a lot!
  • GutterflowerGutterflower Posts: 41 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm getting the invalid file error, too.

Quick! Somebody patch the patch! No, no... it's okay, I can wait two months.
  • courtneysheacourtneyshea Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2009
    I DL the first patch, with no problems, but I am scared to do this one. I have the Indiestone anyway, which helps the story progression. And all these things they say they have fixed, well, I dont have any of those problems anyway. Only thing useful to me would be no babies to singles. Maybe the thing about neighbors not standing around doing nothing all the time. Dont they have a life to get to? LOL! Just my two cents~
  • HaphronHaphron Posts: 252 Member
    edited July 2009
    I was getting the error "Invalid File Error" and also "File Missing".

and the game would not install the patch.

Here is what I did to get my game to install the patch.

*Note: the only mods I utilize in my Sims3 game are:

1) the hairs from peggy
    2) peggys body (skin texture)
    3) peggys clothes
    4) some guy clothes from another site (cargo pants & stuff)

Ok here is what I did to get my game to run:

1) moved teh mods folder to desktop
    2) moved all three compositor cache files to desktop
    3) *moved the Resource.cfg from peggys site to desktop
    4) **moved the Shader_Win32Precomp file to desktop (located in the Bin folder)
    5) Placed back the ORIGINAL "Shader_Win32Precomp" file that came with the game.

6) F5 (refreshed the folder)
    7) and relauchned the game & continued to update

8) Update a success!

9) Then I closed down the game "everything" exit out.

10) Replaced everything that I had moved to desktop back to its original spot.

11) Then replaced the "Shader_Win32Precomp" file with the one that was used to run the mods. Saving the original "Shader_Win3Precomp" file to desktop for future use in case of another update.

I hope this helps.

*the mods Im using seem to be working fine after the update. Hairs and all seem to working/showing up just fine.

The only thing that I notice that STILL DOES NOT WORK is the music/boom box in game. Still only custom music option or starting a completely new game to get the ingame stereo to function properly. But even then it shuts down after the first 3hours of gameplay then I'm back to square one. A Busted/Broken/Bugged ingame Sims3 stereo. Even without mods the stereo is busted.

Of all the fixed in this patch, I wish the ingame Stereo would have been one of the first to get repaired. Since it is IMO part of teh imersion part of the game.
  • Uroica69Uroica69 Posts: 30 Member
    edited July 2009
    I want the new update GONE!! In one move, EA has completely ruined this game for me. Is there a way to uninstall an update without uninstalling the whole game??

I do NOT want the families I have created, or controlled, "protected"!! I want them to go about their lives, in the LIVING NEIGHBORHOOD the game promised me!!! Once I send a created sim into the neighborhood to live, I want them to behave as an NPC sim! To me, this was a FEATURE to the game, not a drawback.

I am seriously upset and hope that EA changes their mind about this change they've made.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for this update! I'm happy it installed without incident and I'm thrilled about the prepared foods no longer influencing the gender of babies!!! Also, thanks for fixing the stripe on babies' faces--that was terrible :x

Like many others, there are some fixes I would really like to have soon (namely the audio bug where radio channels other than custom are gone, along with build & buy mode music and some other sounds) but I am very, very grateful for all the fixes in this latest update 8)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • daisy3rosedaisy3rose Posts: 160 Member
    edited July 2009
    Yay for everything except that now single sims can't have babies. My first sim in this game did just that - nevermind that she married the father later.

How sad - you can have same sex sim marriages (which I whole-heartedly support, by the way), but you cannot have single mothers. *sigh* :(
  • robertsdrobertsd Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I just downloaded and installed Update 3. It looks like Sims can no longer Woohoo! When selected, they can't get out of each others way to go find the bedroom and give up. :(

Is there anyway to put the old patch back?
  • SuzaSuza Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    What happend with the houses? All houses with round roofs have now no roofs under the round roofs anymore. Also some houses are now empty at the second floor and no pattern anywhere? What happend with this patch? :shock:

Please fix the building bugs now. :roll:
  • historyperson123historyperson123 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hmm after reading the update horror stories, I guess I am kinda glad that the update did not finish, considering I got a "Invalid file error" - cannot be found" and I don't even have any mods installed-- I have custom content installed but it is mostly from the site... And they were all houses and one pattern. Maybe a blessing in disguise?

I think I will skip this update until they come out with something better... And they fix the invalid file error, and the regional area error.

• irmchenirmchen Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Suza wrote:
    What happend with the houses? All houses with round roofs have now no roofs under the round roofs anymore. Also some houses are now empty at the second floor and no pattern anywhere? What happend with this patch? :shock:

Please fix the building bugs now. :roll:

The same thing happened to me, it's a shame! No problem is solved and new problem came along with this patch. Proud on you EA! Where is the patch for all these construction problems? In the air floating tiles and all that stuff...
  • MzThornMzThorn Posts: 383 New Member
    edited July 2009
    daisy3rose wrote:
    Yay for everything except that now single sims can't have babies. My first sim in this game did just that - nevermind that she married the father later.

How sad - you can have same sex sim marriages (which I whole-heartedly support, by the way), but you cannot have single mothers. *sigh* :(
    You can still have single mothers. The patch is just fixing the problem of unattached townies spawning clone babies with only one parent. All babies spawned by story progression will now have 2 parents.
  • Funny2401Funny2401 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Well.... me and some friends are building our own neighbourhood. But the patch destroyed all our work! No house is like before. Missing pattern, missing roofs (round roofs and straight roofs dislike to be placed on one house at the same time), missing furniture, missing interior (walls, doors, floors etc.).

I'm really ******. Our neighbourhood is completeley useless! A lot of work for nothing. I spend all my money for this game for years... no single patch has done this to me before! Is't a shame....
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited July 2009
    daisy3rose wrote:

Daisy3rose, I wouldn't worry so much about this, as I have serious DOUBT EA did sort of what they claimed to have
    sorted out. I just updated the game yesterday and today I visited a female friend living ALONE and guess what she just has a baby girl and she is pregnant with another!!!! :lol:

long live single mum !

• waywardpixiewaywardpixie Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It is definitely no fun to play a household with 7 sims when they have to be repeatedly directed to do ANYTHING because of imaginary things blocking their path. Reading through this thread I'm glad that I have no maids or service NPCs hanging around too, heaven forbid a fire!

I can't even imagine how this was released, my game wasn't broken until I installed it. Please patch the patch!
  • HayluuHayluu Posts: 217 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Haphron wrote:
    I was getting the error "Invalid File Error" and also "File Missing".

and the game would not install the patch.

Here is what I did to get my game to install the patch.

*Note: the only mods I utilize in my Sims3 game are:

1) the hairs from peggy
    2) peggys body (skin texture)
    3) peggys clothes
    4) some guy clothes from another site (cargo pants & stuff)

Ok here is what I did to get my game to run:

1) moved teh mods folder to desktop
    2) moved all three compositor cache files to desktop
    3) *moved the Resource.cfg from peggys site to desktop
    4) **moved the Shader_Win32Precomp file to desktop (located in the Bin folder)
    5) Placed back the ORIGINAL "Shader_Win32Precomp" file that came with the game.

6) F5 (refreshed the folder)
    7) and relauchned the game & continued to update

8) Update a success!

9) Then I closed down the game "everything" exit out.

10) Replaced everything that I had moved to desktop back to its original spot.

11) Then replaced the "Shader_Win32Precomp" file with the one that was used to run the mods. Saving the original "Shader_Win3Precomp" file to desktop for future use in case of another update.

I hope this helps.

*the mods Im using seem to be working fine after the update. Hairs and all seem to working/showing up just fine.

The only thing that I notice that STILL DOES NOT WORK is the music/boom box in game. Still only custom music option or starting a completely new game to get the ingame stereo to function properly. But even then it shuts down after the first 3hours of gameplay then I'm back to square one. A Busted/Broken/Bugged ingame Sims3 stereo. Even without mods the stereo is busted.

Of all the fixed in this patch, I wish the ingame Stereo would have been one of the first to get repaired. Since it is IMO part of teh imersion part of the game.

I did exactly what u did! but I can't seem to update my game to the latest patch!
    this sucks, I tried everything -_-
  • Erica007Erica007 Posts: 480 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Mine won't work either, oh well, the first one didn't, then my dad did something to it, then it worked, i'll get him to check it out again. I have no mods, either.
  • waywardpixiewaywardpixie Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I forgot to add, in addition to the path problem which is the most annoying, they often just leave and are suddenly out somewhere starving to death and won't come home on their own, and they won't go to bed without being told at all. Sometimes they'll eat if they're starving, sometimes they'll shower, but they never just go to bed. That might be related to the path issue, but now I have a house full of always exhausted sims who are constantly yelling and stomping. Yup, not fun.

The access to the mailbox is weird too, I saw it mentioned in the thread. You get the pointer that makes it look like you can do something, but nothing happens when clicked. Apparently this doesn't happen for all the sims - There are 2 sims in my household of 7 (only one of them is too young to use it) that have the privilege of using the mailbox.

Really frustrating.

One more thing! I'm confused about the story progression mode now, is it gone? Sims we've created or played at all will no longer just live their sim lives to the end? Or have babies? That's the only reason I play this version as opposed to sims 2. Don't we have a choice???
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • daisy3rosedaisy3rose Posts: 160 Member
    edited July 2009
    Thank you, MzThorn and jimbbq, I'm much happier now... :D