Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's Elemental! A CAS/design contest! All gifted! :D

1232007432-1.jpg

Welcome to my latest contest! This contest is a two-part contest. You will need to create a sim, and redesign an existing home in Sunset Valley for them (interior only). No building skills required, except for some interior wallls! To be eligible for entry, you must complete both parts.

Both parts can use items from all EPS and SPs, as well as store content and Dr Pepper content.
No CC except for Patterns, which have been made in CAP and you must provide links for them.
PosePlayer and the usual in game cheats are allowed.

You can enter more than once.

Part 1
    Create a Sim (Young Adult) based on one of the following elements: Earth Air Water Fire Light Dark
    No CC except for Patterns, which have been made in CAP and you must provide links for them.
    Minimum of two images, maximum of four, one of which must be a headshot. Further images can be linked to via a slideshow if necessary. More points will be available if at least one of the shots is taken in game (this should be easy enough - see part 2!). Images should not be manipulated with image editing software (no "PhotoShopped" backgrounds, for instance).
    Entries must include a description of your Sim, explaining how you think they fit the element you have chosen. Be creative here - there will be points!
    You must upload the Sim to the exchange (or mediafire) for Custard checking.

Part 2
    Create a new game in Sunset Valley.
    From the menu, go into edit town
    Pick the lot
Flava-ful at 43 Water Lily Lane. No other lot will be accepted for this contest. From the options given when you select the house, evict the residents.
    Ignoring the outside of the house (not relevant for this contest), remodel this house for your created sim.
    You cannot add a floor or a basement - you have only the one floor to work with.
    You must have a kitchen, bathroom and bedroom, as a bare minimum requirement.
    You can move all internal walls, delete all furniture, replace all floor and wall coverings and replace all windows and all doors to fit your style.
    Again, no CC except for Patterns, which have been made in CAP and you must provide links for them.
    Bear in mind that no marks will be available for landscaping or movement of objects outside the house. This competition focuses on interior design, so that this contest is accessible to the non builders out there. However feel free to tidy up the aesthetics if it makes you feel better, especially if you want to keep the lot in your studio!
    Take photos to showcase your remodel. Minimum of 4 images, Maximum of 8. Further images can be linked to via a slideshow if necessary. More points will be available if your lot images include your sim! Images should not be manipulated with image editing software (no text on images - it should be obvious with such a small house where the bathroom, kitchen is, etc!).
    You must upload the remodel at least for the duration of the contest and judging. Entries will lose points if they cannot be confirmed to be CC free with Custard.

Note: If needed I do have a gutted out copy of the house, which I could upload for you to place on any 20 x 30 lot in any town. However, I presumed it would be less hassle for people to go into their own games and edit the lot themselves. Hence me choosing a lot from the base game town. But if you do need the house for any reason, then I can upload it to the exchange. It must then be placed on a 20 x 30 lot.

Judging

Points will be awarded for the following:

Overall:
Following contest rules (using entry form and no CC)

Part 1
Originality
Sticking to the theme
Screenshots
Sim Description (bio)
Wow Factor

Part 2
Originality
Sticking to the theme
Screenshots
Lot Description (justification of objects/colours used)
Wow Factor

Prizes

1st Prize 600 sim points
2nd prize 400 sim points
3rd prize 250 sim points
4th prize 150 sim points

6 x honourable mentions (1 per element category) 100 Points each. The honourable mentions will be the highest judged score per category (unless they have already won a prize in the overall category).

Total prize fund; 2000 sim points

Sponsors are not necessary but are very welcome!

Closing date:

25 March - 9am GMT

Any questions, please ask.

Good luck! :mrgreen:

Entry Form

Please use the following:

Entrants Name:
Sim Name:
Link:
Element chosen:
Description/Bio:
Pictures: