Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Cheat Sheet

Comments

• Simscreator16Simscreator16 Posts: 1,143 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'll give you all the cheatcodes right here. :) Now remember, I am the one who typed this list and if you take it from me please give me credit.

To enable the cheats, press Ctrl (Control) + Shift + C at the same time (Windows). Once done, a blue bar will appear at the top of your screen and you can type in the following cheats:

General Cheat Codes: (Command - Effect)

help - Lists all commands available at the moment.
    enableLlamas - Gives a message that says, "Llamas enabled."
    jokePlease - Posts a random (and silly) joke on-screen.
    fullscreen - Toggles between full-screen and windowed modes.
    resetSim <firstname> <lastname> - Resets the named Sim with neutral motives, no moodlets, and teleports Sim back home.
    fps - Toggles framerate indicator in the upper-right corner of the screen.
    quit - Exits the game.
    TestingCheatsEnabled - Enables cheat functionality.

Money & Lifetime Points: (Command - Effect)

kaching - Adds 1,000 to active household's funds.
    motherlode - Adds 50,000 to active household's funds.
    freeRealEstate - Ignores the cost when buying a lot for the current game.
    shazaam - Gives 2,500 Lifetime Happiness Points to active Sim.

Build & Buy: (Command - Effect)

moveObjects - Removes footprint limitation for all object placement in Buy Mode and Build Mode. Removes limitations placed on hand tool for when objects are in use, or are normally non-movable objects.
    constrainFloorElevation - Allows all terrain adjustments regardless of objects, Sims, and other structures on them. Walls, floors, and objects will move with the terrain, allowing you to create sloped walls and floored hills. However, placing new walls/floors will still flatten terrain, and placing objects will still require the terrain to be flat initially if the objects normally require it.
    disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt - When on, objects will not snap to slots while holding Alt.
    shazaam - Gives 2,500 Lifetime Happiness Points to active Sim.

Visuals: (Command - Effect)

hideHeadlineEffects - Hides all meters and effects in the game, such as the plumbbob and skill meter.
    fadeObjects - Toggles whether objects fade when the camera gets close to them.
    slowMotionViz <level> - Puts the game in slow motion. Optional parameter, value 0 = normal speed and 8 = slowest.
    snapObjectsToGrid - Toggles how objects snap to the grid. If true is given, behavior is normal. If false is given, then by default, objects do not span to the grid (and holding Alt will snap them to the grid).
    snapObjectsToAngle - Toggles how objects rotate. If true is given, behavior is normal. If false is given, then by default, objects do not span to 45 degree angles when rotating them (and holding Alt will snap them to the 45 degree angles).

Sims: (Command - Effect)

Modify Traits - Interaction to bring up a trait-modification windows. Can set/clear traits.
    Add to Household - Add the active Sim to the current household.
    Set Age - Set the age of the Sim.
    Edit in CAS - Takes the Sim back into Create A Sim and allows you to make physical and personality changes.

Career Buildings: (Command - Effect)

Force Opportunity - Click on carrer building you work at to force an opportunity.
    Force Event - Click on a career building to give you a random career event.
    Force All Events - Click on career building to display all events for the career consecutively.

Mailbox: (Command - Effect)

Force Service Sim... - Force a specific Service Sim to show up.
    Force Visitor - Force a neighbor to show up.
    Make Me Know Everyone - Make the selected Sim know every other Sim that exists in the town. Set them to acquaintances.
    Make Friends For Me - Make a few random friends for the selected Sim.
    Set Career... - Give the selected Sim any career at any level.
    Make Happy - Set the mood/moodlets of everyone in the house to perfect. Remove all negative moodlets.
    Make Motives Static/Dynamic - Make motives static/dynamic for the entire household.

Information regarding cheat codes by members:
    Petreak wrote:
    I have tested some of the cheats and I have some info you might find interesting. You might want to update the list.

"TestingCheatsEnabled"
    You need to put True on the end of it for it to work. Like this:
    TestingCheatsEnabled True
    and to turn it off replace True with False.

"shazaam"
    That cheat doesn't seem to do anything for me at all.

"Edit in CAS"
    I really need this cheat, but I can't get it to work at all. Anyone have any luck?

"Modify Traits"
    Doesn't seem to work, but if you have TestingCheatsEnabled turned on, you just hold down the Shift key and left click your mouse button on your Sim and you get the option to Modify Sims's Traits.

"Set Age"
    Doesn't seem to work, but if you have TestingCheatsEnabled turned on, you just hold down the Shift key and left click your mouse button on your Sim and you get the option to Trigger Age Transition on your Sim.

"Mailbox:"
    The stuff for the mailbox only shows up if you have TestingCheatsEnabled turned on.

"Teleport"
    This isn't an actual cheat code. If you have TestingCheatsEnabled turned on and if you hold the Shift key and left click your mouse button anywhere, you will get a Teleport option instead of the Go Here option. Comes in handy for getting around fast.

"familyfunds"
    Here is a code to set your family up with as much money as you want.
    This is an example of how to use it.
    Say you have a family named the Brown family. While you are in their house, go into the cheat window and type this:

familyfunds Brown 1000000

Your money will change to that amount. Just replace Brown with the family's last name and replace 1000000 with what ever amount you want.

I'll keep playing around and see what else I figure out.
    Sanus wrote:
    If you want Lifetime Happiness points, just enable the testingcheatsenabled cheat then ctrl+click to the right of your total lifetime points display, I found that clicking around. It adds 500 points per click.

That's all guys, your welcome. All of these cheats came from "The Sims 3 Game Guide Collector's Edition," the work you have seen is a typed version of pages 39-40 of the guide.
    I found out that when testingcheatsenabled true is on' holding down shift then clicking somewhere on a relationship bar sets the relationship bar too where you clicked.
  • Simscreator16Simscreator16 Posts: 1,143 New Member
    edited July 2009
    My superspeed button won't do anything. When I click on it, it stays at the same speed I had it on before. I've been ignoring the problem for a week, but i've finally needed it too much to ignore. Some help please
    when the speed bar is at three arrows the world is at its fastest, when it is at four the action is at its fastest only not the time. (which to me dosent make sense) :?
  • FRATERNALHEROFRATERNALHERO Posts: 145 Member
    edited July 2009
    does anyone know if the lifetime points cheat still works or no? I hear that with the patch it doesnt, but this would be my first time attempting so im unsure? Any answers would help i wanted to rack up some points for a sim i added to my family :S

edit: nvm it's working for me :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Feel free to follow my gaming randomness on Facebook here
  • Bentley8102Bentley8102 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Sanus wrote:
    If you want Lifetime Happiness points, just enable the testingcheatsenabled cheat then ctrl+click to the right of your total lifetime points display, I found that clicking around. It adds 500 points per click.

that doesnt seem to work for me either.
  • OhEmGeeYayEggsOhEmGeeYayEggs Posts: 2,322 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Cheats are for cheaters.

lulz.
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited July 2009
    You have to start up the game and enter the cheat BEFORE loading the save file itself. From the main menu screen. And it has to be from a fresh load of the game; going back to the main menu doesn't work.

Let me know if this helps!
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • MilanGajjarMilanGajjar Posts: 73 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Thanks
  • coraannoncoraannon Posts: 45 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yea shazaam doesn't work 4 me either..
  • N1SlackerN1Slacker Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My superspeed button won't do anything. When I click on it, it stays at the same speed I had it on before. I've been ignoring the problem for a week, but i've finally needed it too much to ignore. Some help please

Mine used to be like that too. The first update (Latest Update for: 1.2.7 POSTED ON 06/25/09) in the game updates (http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches) resolves this.
  • bobinrobinbobinrobin Posts: 303 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I found something new, (I think). If someone already found this, sorry for the repeat. If you click on the relationships tab, hit ctrl/left click on an aquaintance, you should be able to drag it all the way to the right to get an instant good friend, but you have to have TestingCheatsEnabled true typed in before you can do this. I found it accidentally.

Hope this helps
  • wkdclwnzzwkdclwnzz Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2009
    Who here remembers this cheat? int censorgridsize 0. That would be great if they made that work again. I'm not a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 because let's face it, during The Sims era if you used that cheat, there wasn't anything to see, kinda like your Barbie and Ken dolls. But just not having those annoying big blurred blocks was fantastic. And I don't think it'll bump the ESRP (sp?) because like I said, Barbie and Ken are same way, au naturale.

END CENSORSHIP!!
  • til3rrtil3rr Posts: 127 New Member
    edited August 2009
    iMiracle wrote:
    o.O When i press ctrl+shift+c it does nothing, this happened to me for Sims2 as well. It worked for awhile then it just stopped working i thought they patched it up or something. However reading through the forum its still active, any advice?

ctrl+shift+windows key+c

c;!
  • til3rrtil3rr Posts: 127 New Member
    edited August 2009
    if you type in testingcheatsenabled true you can alsodrag the bars of your relationships to make enemy's, friends, or best friends :D!
  • FUNKIFUNKI Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2009
    idk why, but the only thing that seems to work for me is the motherlode and kaching. How do i get the set career to work? and the set age??
  • UKSpring90UKSpring90 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Cool, I thought there was only the motherlode cheat to get 50,000.
    On the old sims you had to pay money to get the cheat, although I always got it from a friend.
  • harrybondharrybond Posts: 34 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Do U No The One For More Then 8 sims in 1 house ???
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited August 2009
    If you go to

C>Program Files>Electronic Arts>Sims3>Support>ReadMe

there is a bunch of cheats, tips, and camera helps

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • ilovegodilovegod Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You must have a lot of time on your hands to copy what"s alredy in the the ts3 collect guide but thank anyway
  • ChinaberryChinaberry Posts: 26 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i really want edit in CAS to work!! anyone know how to work this one?
  • AundreaNAundreaN Posts: 29 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ive been DYING for the money cheat i have a huge family in a 2 bedroom house and now matter how hard they work they can barely afford their bills and food and main nessecities! this is going to be a HUGE help, thanks!
  • Doleshel77Doleshel77 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ilovegod wrote:
    You must have a lot of time on your hands to copy what"s alredy in the the ts3 collect guide but thank anyway

Please don't be so rude on the forum...he was trying to help. :)
  • Doleshel77Doleshel77 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Does anyone know how to get the edit in CAS cheat to work?
  • pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    edited August 2009

that doesn't work.

this one does work, well it does for me. What you have to do is in the main window when you high light the family you want to play, now before you click play you type in the cheat testingcheatsenabled true. then hit paly. Now when you go to the lifetime happiness you must click in just the right spot and that is inbetween the treasure chest and the number of points while holding down the ctrl button as you click just keep playing around with click somewere in that area and it will work.

one other cheat that I have not seen on here is the freeRealEstate cheat. This one must be typed in while you are in Edit town for it to work. I use this one alot.
  • pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    edited August 2009
    something I found for motives... the old max_motives does not work.

BUT.. if you use testingcheatsenabled true ... you can click and drag each bar individually to make your Sim very happy. :-)

How? I tried and it didn't work for me.

you have to grab on the bar but while you do that you have to hold down your left button on your mouse and drag at the same time while holding down the shift key. You also have to be just on the right spot of the motive bar so just keep playing with it, It will work.
  • breebe07breebe07 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    how do I turn off aging?

also I have these 2 sims that are bf/gf and i want the to get married. the option of 'engagement' was there but now its gone. both of their relationship bars are the highest they can be with eachother.

what do i do?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top