Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Recommend Getting it?

I'm exited for it but lots of people are like "DON'T GET IT!" and stuff. Yet others are like "I LOVE IT!"

So do YOU recommend it? What do you love and hate about it?

:thumbup: Or :thumbdown:

EDIT:: There's LOTS of messages being posted lol!!

Comments

• SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, i reccomend getting it. I LOVE it.
    The only thing i dont like is story progression, my sims boyfreind now has a child,
  • natrobbnatrobb Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    GET IT!!
  • sims2nightyfansims2nightyfan Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited June 2009
    People are mostly complaining about there games not working or installing or w.e and then the others are the graphics are horrid there faces there bodys so much like Sims 1.
    I mean come on people stop complaining.
    Dont get others hopes up and let them die down because u dont like it.
    I LOVE IT and I will continue to buy EPS for this game :-) get it
  • IRKAYLAIRKAYLA Posts: 105 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It has a lot of bugs, but its nothing that can't be fixed.
    You could probably wait until later to get it. Wait for everything to smooth out.
  • alexma63alexma63 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm exited for it but lots of people are like "DON'T GET IT!" and stuff. Yet others are like "I LOVE IT!"

I like it a lot actually, the customization is amazing!
  • Teeheehee321Teeheehee321 Posts: 81 New Member
    edited June 2009
    IRKAYLA wrote:
    You could probably wait until later to get it.

Thanks but we ordered it off of Amazon.com :mrgreen:
  • Grobanite113Grobanite113 Posts: 385 New Member
    edited June 2009

:thumbup:

Get it. I seriously do like it; it just takes some getting used to. Lurrrve it.
  • beearthurbeearthur Posts: 46 New Member
    edited June 2009
    :thumbdown:
  • LilithLilith Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's made my day, likely my month as well. I highly recommend it :lol:. Though the Create-A-Style tool did distract me for the longest while... it was awesome.
  • GalileeGalilee Posts: 361 Member
    edited June 2009
    I would get it :).. It has a nice start and alot of future potential I think.

There are some ups and downs like in any game. I think alot of people forget to consider they have all just came from a game that they probably had ALOT of custom content installed, making the buy catalogs bigger, and sims prettier. The game and creators will take time to build up the same content amount again.

They really expanded on the world itself as a real virtual community I think. It's really awsome to not be the center of the "simverse" and see things like the paper boy change because they have aged up! The skill system now is top notch and the cas and build/buy modes have so much customization now, it is almost over-whelming.

• dancinginseptdancinginsept Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I honestly would not have gotten it if my Sims 2 wasn't stolen, lol. But in all honesty I like it despite the speeds not working, but once that gets fixed I'm sure I'll love it.
  • RegoRego Posts: 704 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I say get it, though I dont think the collectors addition is worth the money unless you really want that sports car. But get the regular edition. It does take some getting used to and I am still wanting to know when we can create custom content but other than that its pretty nifty,
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    edited June 2009
    natrobb wrote:
    GET IT!!

Exactly what I came here to say.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • SimBreezySimBreezy Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I really like the game. I was actually expecting it to be a lot different from sims 2 but i don't think it is all that much different. I really like the fact that you don't have to worry about their needs all the time. I also like being able to go into town and do fun things. It is kind of intimidating at first though, the controls are different. I would recommend getting it for sure though, if you are a sims fan then you will enjoy it.
  • CwoTaniCwoTani Posts: 46 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love the game so far, im just playing it with one character to get the fill of the game. when they tell u that they wanted the game to be as real as it can be they meant it. When my character cooks shell put the plate down on the table and wait for u to tell her to eat, clean the plate, etc. In the sims 2 if ur sim was full and if they cooked a meal for someone else they would still eat it even if they were full. Theres so much u can do in this game its really worth it. i got the collectors edition, it comes with a 2gb usb with a bunch of sims stuff on there, like wallpaper and screen savers. im going to delete all of that and use it for myself.
  • derykrenalnderykrenaln Posts: 538 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's a wonderful addition to the Sims franchise! Get it by all means. Well worth the $50 or $70!

I'm so enjoying it. I'm going to keep TS2 on my PC for now, but I forsee down the road saying goodbye to my Sims in TS2, it's that good!
  • ChipXChipX Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Love it! I like making someone that's new to the town and doesn't have a wife. They would find Truelove!

Overall I would give this game a 9.5\10 (9.5 is for not a lot of hairstyles and jobs ect.)
  • TorbinTorbin Posts: 44 New Member
    edited June 2009
    :thumbup:

If you're a huge fan, or a partial fan, the Sims 3 has something for you. The biggest thing for me was the ability to customize everything. It was extreamly annoying in the Sims 1&2 when you wanted a specific look or theme in a room, but just couldn't do it because furniture was the wrong color or pattern, the wood on the shelve was a different color than the desk, or just general tacky mismatching, which made themed building impossible without extensive hunting online.

People may complain about the lack of clothing, but the customization once again takes over and really helps increase your inventory by a landslide. The only limit is the style of clothing, but you can still get a limitless amount of looks for an already existant article. The "open city" takes a bit to get used to, but it's certainly not a bad thing. Having the entire city available to your sim when ever you want them to step outside is a nice change of pace. You really start feeling connected to the City, not just a household. Plus there is ALL the nice little extras, like more control over the lifespan of your sims (be it-just a few days per cycle or epic marathon lives. You can even turn aging off without having to input a cheat).

There are a few things I don't like. For instance, you can only control one household in a town, even with Storymode settings turned off. If you want to take control of another household, you forefit your control of the current household to the AI. If you have Storymode on, this can be really devistating. Even with Storymode on, NPC Sims also seem to sometimes forget they should do something. One of my Sims visitors stayed so long that they started to stink the place up... I asked him to leave, and a few days later reinvited him over, only to find that the guy STILL had not showered! Whew! It's also redicoulously easy to stumble across money. Space rocks are typically worth THOUSANDS... and they're everywhere! The park, the lake, the beach, your neighbors trash can. I know you don't need to sell it, but it's so difficult when you see this wonderful $7,184 in the description. Thats enough money to buy a car! Who wouldn't sell the rock??

And my last little dislike is the fact that there is no clothing Catalouge for your Sim... not that I've found at least. The clothing you assign to your Sim on creation is the clothing that sim is stuck with to the grave. The exception to this is that you can change your sims hair style/makeup by using a mirror. I'm sure they'll add this in a later expansion, but it would have been nice to have from the get-go.