Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

spiral stairs

Is the spiral stairs in an expansion pack or is there something you have to do or get to make it work because when i clicked on it, it was empty.

Comments

• simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited June 2011
    Generations
  • lorabevierlorabevier Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you
  • Godslamb1stGodslamb1st Posts: 141 Member
    edited June 2011
    Generations has spiral stairs??
    That is so not fair that they put stuff that many people want in an expansion pack to make us buy stuff we don't want! I don't want the stupid Generations, so I have no choice but to not have the spiral stairs?? Not right, if that is the case.
  • duke101duke101 Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    I totally agree with you but thats business for them, in that same breath i was hoping they would put it with pets though bc most peopel with porbably buy that
  • DameGiggsyDameGiggsy Posts: 416 Member
    edited July 2011
    Generations is a great EP, in my opinion. Second favourite to Late Night. But, I have a very active imagination - despite my age, and enjoy watching the kiddies acting like dinos, astronauts, etc. :lol:
  • mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited July 2011
    DameGiggsy wrote:
    Generations is a great EP, in my opinion. Second favourite to Late Night. But, I have a very active imagination - despite my age, and enjoy watching the kiddies acting like dinos, astronauts, etc. :lol:
    It is one of my best as well.
  • JanChirSimsJanChirSims Posts: 2,144 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Godslamb1st:

The base game didn't have the half walls and round pools when it first came out. They were additions with Late Night. After some time they made them available to everyone else tho :)

So I wouldn't be surprised if they made spiral stairs available to those who don't have Generations after people stop buying the expansion.

Ofc this is just me thinking. I might be wrong, but since they did this type of thing already I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again.

• tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited July 2011
    That is so not fair that they put stuff that many people want in an expansion pack to make us buy stuff we don't want! I don't want the stupid Generations, so I have no choice but to not have the spiral stairs?? Not right, if that is the case.

I thought the same thing, kinda, but I really like it better than I thought I would, not for the Imaginary Friends or the Body Hair or Canes for Elders, none of that, more for the sit down weddings, the cake, the gifting, the bunkbeds, and the spiral stairs. It's like a stuff pack + FOR ME!

Maybe not for a few of you that just LOVE all this other stuff, I'm talking about MY experience with this.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited August 2011
    Maybe they'll have one in the store later, just like they did with the washing machine for people who don't have Ambitions.
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited August 2011
    You don't need to buy Generations to get the stairs -- EA was decent enough to include the spiral stair ability in the Generations update. :wink: TIt's just like the person above said--we didn't have fountains or body hair or basements featured in EPs, until they were included in Patches. Now, EA doesn't GIVE you any stairs to use, but custom creators are starting to make CC stairs now that work just fine for base game only/ non-Generations users like myself. :) TSR and Hexameter and RPB all have spiral stairs now--check them out!
  • CaylehAlexisCaylehAlexis Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I have sims generations! but i cant get the spiral. :x
  • MorganLuvsSoccerMorganLuvsSoccer Posts: 42 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I would think it would be more practical for the stairs to be in Late Night. :hunf: But maybe if they make a mansion EP then they could be there also. :mrgreen: :thumbup:
  • SophieElizabethAnnSophieElizabethAnn Posts: 616 Member
    edited March 2012
    I would think it would be more practical for the stairs to be in Late Night
    I agree, considering the small apartment space. XD
  • evilkyttievilkytti Posts: 2,854 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I have sims generations! but i cant get the spiral. :x

Got to build mode and click on the stairs, there should be 2 tabs there and one has the spiral step in it.
  • SierraLJulietSierraLJuliet Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    I have the base game and all stuff packs, i will be buying the EPs very soon but i must say i have already had a spiral staircase and a rail that matches. (Had because i had to reinstall the game due to computer troubles.. little brothers >.>) but if i remember correctly it was there after i downloaded a few lots on a random spree. it came with the house as well as a few cars and user made furniture. i do not recall which lot but i will be going through my history to find it because they are amazing! they save so much space and never look out of place.
  • katana_xkatana_x Posts: 1,163 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Old thread, but I had to respond seeing as it's been resurrected already:

By that logic, everything would come in the base game.
  • tetleyteabagstetleyteabags Posts: 56 New Member
    edited August 2012
    It makes no sense putting it in generations because they give the folder to you even if you don't have generations so what is the point they shouldn't give you the folder unless you have generations or they should give you the folder with at least one type of spiral stairs
  • RepoDraghonRepoDraghon Posts: 8
    edited February 2013
    I noticed my base game had A spiral stairs but when I installed Ambitions, they disappeared...
  • seadramonseadramon Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited February 2013
    You need Generation to get them :)
  • BenTheSim2128BenTheSim2128 Posts: 33 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Godslamb1st:

The base game didn't have the half walls and round pools when it first came out. They were additions with Late Night. After some time they made them available to everyone else tho :)

So I wouldn't be surprised if they made spiral stairs available to those who don't have Generations after people stop buying the expansion.

Ofc this is just me thinking. I might be wrong, but since they did this type of thing already I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again.
    Its been 2/3 years and yet they still haven't
  • dawnnosedawnnose Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi, I have a few questions

Is it true you can only get the spiral staircase in generations? (I really want to get the spiral staircase

2) How much would generations cost in Canada? (Just cause it sounds fun)

3) (kinda off topic) But how do you make a question forum? (Please don't get mad)

~Thanks you
  • r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Spiral Stairs were an exclusive item of Generations, now they can also be found in Aurora Skies. :wink:

2. Sorry, but I cannot help you with the price in Canada :oops: !

3. Go here, choose an appropriate section and you'll see a "New Topic" button in the left corner (just where the "Post Reply" button is). Click the button and write your question :mrgreen:
  • Brother_RovertBrother_Rovert Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    You don't need to buy Generations to get the stairs -- EA was decent enough to include the spiral stair ability in the Generations update. :wink: TIt's just like the person above said--we didn't have fountains or body hair or basements featured in EPs, until they were included in Patches. Now, EA doesn't GIVE you any stairs to use, but custom creators are starting to make CC stairs now that work just fine for base game only/ non-Generations users like myself. :) TSR and Hexameter and RPB all have spiral stairs now--check them out!

I just tried to download some custom content spiral staircases, and also downloaded a lot, and installed them all at the same time. The lot downloaded fine, but the stairs didn't. It hit me with an error message: "Error: Requires missing Expansion Pack" These were 4 different spiral staircase objects by 4 different authors. I think your information may be a little misleading. If you would like to find the stairs go to the objects section of "The Exchange" and search "staircase"
  • Phyllida0829Phyllida0829 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    http://www.platinumsimmers.com/community/files/download/74-glass-spiral-staircase/
    actually, try this website. it has the spiral staircase. it's quite safe also.
  • vrajvraj Posts: 7 New Member
    edited May 2013
    murfeel wrote:

I just tried to download some custom content spiral staircases, and also downloaded a lot, and installed them all at the same time. The lot downloaded fine, but the stairs didn't. It hit me with an error message: "Error: Requires missing Expansion Pack" These were 4 different spiral staircase objects by 4 different authors. I think your information may be a little misleading. If you would like to find the stairs go to the objects section of "The Exchange" and search "staircase"

I love and need the spiral stairs, but I'm having the same problem. I had to use the all-at-once updater to get the updates to download correctly when I purchased the game a few days ago, and I'm not sure if that's part of my problem, but it says my game is up to date.