Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you play the sims

I was just wondering what other simmers usually do when you are playing the sims do you try to complete every thing in the game, do you like building or designing, do you make generations of sims or etc.

Comments

• MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited January 2012
    why do so many people ask this? you're going to get a mixed response of CC creators, legacy/blogging freaks, people who just play, etc. If you use the search function of the forum you'll find a poll that was created about this not too long ago.
  • KayzaPlyrKayzaPlyr Posts: 215 Member
    edited January 2012
    I would say that I do a bit of everything. Right now I'm on Generation 6 of my Johnson family which is the furthest I have ever gotten in any game so far :)
    But I can also spend hours building and decorating my sims houses, I love it! I also can spend ages in CAS choosing different coloured patterns for all my sims.
  • Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited January 2012
    I mostly do generations. I get attached to my sim families. I also love to make new sims in CAS so I spend a lot of time playing around in there also.
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    why do so many people ask this? you're going to get a mixed response of CC creators, legacy/blogging freaks, people who just play, etc. If you use the search function of the forum you'll find a poll that was created about this not too long ago.

^I don't see the need to be rude. Looks like he has only posted 6 times so he must new to forums..... :roll:
  • thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited January 2012
    I usually just like to play one sim, Im working on a game now where he is going to have mastered ever job and every skill :D
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
    edited January 2012
    I mostly do generations. I get attached to my sim families. I also love to make new sims in CAS so I spend a lot of time playing around in there also.
    MinDtriKz wrote:

^I don't see the need to be rude. Looks like he has only posted 6 times so he must new to forums..... :roll:

Your idea of "rude" is to direct the newbie to a good poll that was taken with the exact information he's looking for? Interesting.
  • JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited January 2012
    MinDtriKz wrote:

not only that...have you ever used the search function here...for one thing you get 139877 pages to go through....NO THANKS
  • Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited January 2012
    Jenieusa wrote:
    MinDtriKz wrote:

not only that...have you ever used the search function here...for one thing you get 139877 pages to go through....NO THANKS

^ this
    edited January 2012
    Jenieusa wrote:
    MinDtriKz wrote:

if only there was a way to list threads in ascending order to get the most recent ones on top...

oh, wait.

there is.
    edited January 2012
    I think Mindtrikz took her ***** pill this morning, Get over it the way you put it was very rude, and who cares maybe he just wanted to ask, I do it all the time, I would rather start my own thread and see the different replies then something that is older.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • mercifullynewmercifullynew Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2012
    Jenieusa wrote:
    MinDtriKz wrote:

The search function could definitely use some work.

I like to play families, legacy style. Now that I have ambitions I'm more interested in figuring out the careers.
    edited January 2012
    Let's keep this on topic kids, the OP could care less what you think of my response. Post you own.
  • angeldollxxangeldollxx Posts: 786 New Member
    edited January 2012
    i play generations! i love how the looks of the family carry on and get prettier as well! i like putting kendalyl next to his grandmum and seeing what he got from her or his mum
    edited January 2012
    I never could get into Legacy, I hate playing when they only have 90 lifespan I play with the life maxed out, Except for the baby stage where they look like a weird larva.

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
    edited January 2012
    Jenieusa wrote:
    MinDtriKz wrote:

The search function could definitely use some work.

I like to play families, legacy style. Now that I have ambitions I'm more interested in figuring out the careers.

I have had that since it came out...and only started the sculpting career about a week ago......you'll have fun with AMB!
  • PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited January 2012
    MinDtriKz wrote:

none of this people know how to search, I usually only play when I feel like building a house
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited January 2012
    I start out with one sim. Play him for awhile then let him/her get married and start a family. Once the kids reach young adult I choose one to follow then do it all over again. I go from one generation to the next until my game gets glitched so bad I can't play that game anymore. Then I start a new game. It usually takes months of playing with one family before I start all over with a new family.
  • makebeliever1909makebeliever1909 Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited January 2012
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    Let's keep this on topic kids, the OP could care less what you think of my response. Post you own.

And people wonder why the forums are so boring, its people like you who chases everyone away.
    heartsigcopy.jpg
  • eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited January 2012
    I love to make generations of sims! :) And having each generation different.

Screenshot-40.jpg
    353235_b.jpg
    edited January 2012
    eclipsetrixxz...how sweet!!
  • eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited January 2012
    thanks. :]
    353235_b.jpg
  • SoleilStarrSoleilStarr Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited January 2012
    I'm all over the place with my game play. Some times I create sims with a story in mind. Sometimes I just want to play out a family, others I just wanna recreate someone from a show/movie/book, sometimes I just wanna decorate and garden. I recently started trying contests. I'm enjoying challenging myself to tell a story with pictures. 8)
  • pinkknight06pinkknight06 Posts: 872 Member
    edited January 2012
    I mostly like to build and create sims for the most part, every now and then I may sit down and actually play the game if I have the Patence cause my computer have a minimum requirments to play the game, I'm trying to save up fo a new one. the time that I spend most of the time playing is for the first month or two when a men Ep comes out to test it out.
  • Ti4000Ti4000 Posts: 73
    edited January 2012
    Thanks for your responses! I usually like to have single sims. I have a hard time playing once they get married and have children ,but sometimes I am able to get up to the 3rd generation. I also like creating sims.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited January 2012
    It depends on my mood......I do LOVE downloading sims and installing them in the games because I am just not a skilled sim maker. Sometimes, I will get into the building mood, but none of my houses are cool enough to upload. There are so many wonderful builders on there anyway.

I have even played a few of the pre-made sims. I like to give them makeovers and makeover their homes as well, or at least upgrade their kitchens and bathrooms, and change the colors.

I make single sims mostly to see if they can find the sim of their dreams in the game. LOL I make families too, but they require more attention. :P

I have not made a world yet, but I plan to attempt that soon. I used to make neighborhoods in sims 2, but it is more involved in sims 3.

I made a "girl with the dragon tattoo" sim the other day and she has already reached the top of her career as an international super spy. I do plan to upload her to the exchange.
  • billisrulzbillisrulz Posts: 415 Member
    edited January 2012
    I like making sims and playing them. Or playing my big family, which I have just reached the 10th gen on!