Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do you get the miner?

I keep reading about the miner. Is it in buy mode or is it a lifetime wish? How do you use it?
I have seen something in buy mode I thought it might be the miner...I'm sorry I don't remember what it was called, but when I bought it there were no interactions anyway.
Is it for mining for gems?

Comments

• Options
    anybolanybol Posts: 401 New Member
    edited January 2012
    To get the miner you have to invent it using the inventing table in Ambitions. I think you need to be level 9 inventing skill. You could also type "buydebug" without the quotes and then find it in the special objects.
  • Options
    rgirl1rgirl1 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited January 2012
    Oh, I didn't know you had to invent it. Gee, you learn something knew every day eh?
    Thanks for answering :)
  • Options
    NicholiathanNicholiathan Posts: 108 New Member
    edited January 2012
    You can make one on the inventing bench with Inventing skill 7. They can rarely be found in the Consignment Store. The miner digs a hole and the Sim will discover several items while digging. Once the hole is dug the Sim can have an underground adventure. They can come back from the adventure with a variety of things. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Miner
  • Options
    PoppyRichardsPoppyRichards Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited January 2012
    Nowadays I don't bother with the miner because it makes the game a bit too easy. Your sim can make thousands of simoleans in a few hours by digging up gems and rocks, and exploring holes too.
    2dl3asp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    You can make one on the inventing bench with Inventing skill 7. They can rarely be found in the Consignment Store. The miner digs a hole and the Sim will discover several items while digging. Once the hole is dug the Sim can have an underground adventure. They can come back from the adventure with a variety of things. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Miner

Oh my gosh! I had no idea you could do this.. Thanks a lot Nicholiathan, My Sim has a lot of work to do today :)
  • Options
    NicholiathanNicholiathan Posts: 108 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Nowadays I don't bother with the miner because it makes the game a bit too easy. Your sim can make thousands of simoleans in a few hours by digging up gems and rocks, and exploring holes too.

I've found that, compared to the other big money activities, mining is rather poor. The cauldron and a dog hunting appear to be the most productive. Maybe I just haven't had the same luck with mining but I've not seen much in the way of good finds from mining and underground adventures.

My dog brings home multiple soul pieces, woohooium, pink diamonds and tiburium. With the cauldron I've gotten Rainbow butterflies, rainbow gems, and soul pieces.
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited January 2012
    check the Consignment Store they have them for sale from time to time.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    @Nicholiathan If you're still on here; Is the cauldron a store item?

It does sound like fun, digging holes and making tunnels :)

@MGSFan612. I usually delete the consignment store from my towns. Thanks though.
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited January 2012
    oono, dont delete the consignment store! you can find all kinds of neat things in there. including WA items (if you have that ep of course)
    you can get cameras, photography books, recipes, rocks gems, gnomes, time machines, and so much more cool stuff!

i love that place XD
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    @Zeri :lol:

I do have WA, but I found I never used the consignment store or the laundry mat either. So I thought if I could stop my game from lagging/freezing maybe I would delete unused venues? Does this make any sense? :oops:
  • Options
    JewelsRuleJewelsRule Posts: 2,229 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Sounds like I should go to the consignment store more often, then! :lol:
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited January 2012
    yeah it makes sense. i dont use the laundromat much myself.

i dont think i could go without the consignment store tho, its a source of such treasures :P
  • Options
    mercifullynewmercifullynew Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2012
    I've never made much use of the consignment store. I guess I should start!
  • Options
    onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    edited January 2012
    yep, consignment store is the place to shop for unique things... even paintings and inventions by your local artists. Rare books... etc... that place is heaven if your a knick-knacks collector ;)