Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

time travel

i really want my sim to make a time machine, but im scared!!!! :cry: i hear loads of weird things happen and in that ambitions music video the guy got stuck, will this happen to my sim??????

Comments

• losticonlosticon Posts: 215 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Go ahead and make it, I did and only used it a couple of times it worked fine. If your sim gets stuck you can just exit without saving the game.
  • SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    edited December 2011
    I've never had a Sim stuck in time, but I've always used Masterful Time Machines. Still, I only ever go for costumes. There are far better ways to make money.
  • GableDan87GableDan87 Posts: 13
    edited January 2012
    I have used my time machine a lot and never gotten stuck. I have come out with a few new books before. And once my sim came back from the past with a son. That was a shocker for me because I didn't know that that could happen.
  • mercifullynewmercifullynew Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2012
    I've never had anyone get stuck. In fact, twice they've come back with over $1,000 in cash; and often with stuff worth that much. I still haven't gotten any clothes and no mysterious kids.
  • GableDan87GableDan87 Posts: 13
    edited January 2012
    I have gotten one outfit from the future. It was this wierd get up with a pack on the back with tubes coming out of it and going all over the arms and legs. Haven't gotten any from the past yet. But now I am wary of going to the past because since my last post here I had gone back in and come out with a daughter. That is now two kids, and neither of them has a father.
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited January 2012
    Never had a problem (even though my time machine isn´t masterful) ...
    my sims often come back home with precious books (for example about the destruction of Atlantis (past) or from the human rights movements for robots (future)) and cash ...
    also my female sim changed her job thanks to attending and voting on an education bill in a council meeting in ancient athens (before that she was 5 stars cook ... afterwards she had the highest position in the scientific career path :D )
  • DaletheSimDaletheSim Posts: 430 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Never got stuck in time but I did bring back a daughter one time. A teen age vampire. What a crazy day that was.
  • SasunaruEverblueSasunaruEverblue Posts: 66
    edited January 2012
    How do you make a time machine anyway?
    I realllllllly want to know, it sounds realllllllly fun!
    =^-^=
  • Karu300Karu300 Posts: 437 Member
    edited January 2012
    How do you make a time machine anyway?
    I realllllllly want to know, it sounds realllllllly fun!
    =^-^=

Need an inventor sim with level 9 or so skill in inventing. Get enough scrap and build it. Or if your lucky check every day or few days at the cosignment store and see if you can buy it, or use the buydebug cheat and get it there.
  • StephBEStephBE Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited February 2012
    GableDan87 wrote:
    I have used my time machine a lot and never gotten stuck. I have come out with a few new books before. And once my sim came back from the past with a son. That was a shocker for me because I didn't know that that could happen.

I enjoy the Time Machine but my sim also came back with a boy/son. I knew it could happen but then I wished it hadn't!! :roll: I wanted him to come back in cool clothes and I've never had books yet either.

But it is worth making! :D
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited February 2012
    The inventor skill and the time machine are two of my favorite things in Sims.

If you've never used it, you can woohoo/try for baby in the time machine and have children appear that will be dressed in a futuristic outfit, a medieval outfit or a cave man outfit. You can go on adventures (rabbit hole, but adventures non the less) bring odd things back, change history and come back with various children.

I've never had a Sim get stuck and I've used the time machine a lot.

Here is more information about the inventor skill.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/ambitions/inventing/
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright