Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worthless Babysitters

Comments

• BebsieBebsie Posts: 5,365 Member
    edited May 2011
    Keep firing until you get a good one. All mine are fine though... apart from one I had five toddlers and when my sims came back all their plmobobs were red
  • BebsieBebsie Posts: 5,365 Member
    edited May 2011
    But I had worse once...
    I had no money to pay the sitter and they stole the babies potty... with the stuff still inside
  • whtrbtwhtrbt Posts: 1,927 Member
    edited May 2011
    It's hard to fire them however because when the parents get home, the babysitter is already out the door, with your money and all interactions are greyed out.
  • calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited May 2011
    the best baby sitter ive ever had were all in the town of twinbrook
    h2xmsbl]

• MLittlepawMLittlepaw Posts: 17,193 New Member
    edited May 2011
    At least you didn't get one who wore a modern tanktop and a bustle skirt. She got MOST of it right, at least. :x
  • MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited May 2011
    I usually get good ones. I had one a one that wouldn't leave the toddler alone every time he tried to play with a toy by himself the babysitter would pick him up to interact with him or play with him at the toy(the xylophone) I've also had a couple others that would clean my house.
  • foxlordfoxlord Posts: 645 Member
    edited May 2011
    Bebsie wrote:
    But I had worse once...
    I had no money to pay the sitter and they stole the babies potty... with the stuff still inside

Eww Eww eww! :shock:
  • Simmin247Simmin247 Posts: 213 New Member
    edited May 2011
    moneekie14 wrote:
    Yes, they are all SO bad! Fire a guy called Dave with blond-ish hair, he stole my baby! =[

Keep, Ashley Candyvale, she is so nice to the little ones! =]
    Ugh. Sorry, but she is my least favorite! Dave is bad too! You know what... they ALL are!
  • SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited May 2011
    I actually had a good baby sitter. I had triplets and the husband I sent out to get money by playing for tips. Naturally mama needed a break so I called in a teen to take care of my 3 chilluns (: Then again the family doesn't own anything more than bed and cribs, a toilet and a shower.
    I meant triplets
  • webster21298webster21298 Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Yeah. They wait until the baby is starving and stinky to their job. Which is really annoying. Because then my sim comes home to a nasty baby.
  • koolyaidkoolyaid Posts: 789 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Old thread, but I like most of the babysitters I get. The latest one I got was very good. My toddler didn't need anything and was playing and the babysitter could have went downstairs to watch TV and totally ignore my toddler, but instead when my sims got home I found her playing with my toddler. I thought that it was really sweet of her to be attentive when she didn't have to be.
  • mollymegan82mollymegan82 Posts: 703 Member
    edited January 2012
    i was just thinking the same thing that babysitters are worthless, mine just stood on the deck from 730 to 1 BURPING AND FARTING!!! when my sim mommmy got home i tried to click on her and fire her but she already took my money and left!!!!!!
  • anybolanybol Posts: 401 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Bebsie wrote:
    But I had worse once...
    :lol:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited January 2012
    I like to look at their traits and change them if I need to.
  • ChloeStellaChloeStella Posts: 48
    edited January 2012
    I suggest making an elderly Sim with good traits, like friendly, good, etc.... make it unemployed, or make it retire.
    I haven't tried it yet, but I bet it will work. :mrgreen:
  • DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited January 2012
    Hey they are good potential matches for lonely teen Sims! One of my teen Sims (there's 5 of them) has a Romantic interest with a babysitter with the name of Sha Sha Richards (not making that name up :lol: ). The babysitters are usually good with my Sim babies.
    5dK3aTu.gif
  • mercifullynewmercifullynew Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2012
    I recently had a babysitter who was FABULOUS. I wish we could choose who we were hiring. She fed them, played with them, and didn't leave early. It was awesome.
  • Dallas12128Dallas12128 Posts: 880 Member
    edited January 2012
    The babysitters stink. Once they got my baby taken away!
  • WinterCloudsWinterClouds Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited January 2012
    I've had pretty good babysitters!
    Hm, maybe it's just bad luck? :?
  • WinterCloudsWinterClouds Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited January 2012
    Simmin247 wrote:
    moneekie14 wrote:
    Yes, they are all SO bad! Fire a guy called Dave with blond-ish hair, he stole my baby! =[

Keep, Ashley Candyvale, she is so nice to the little ones! =]

Oh, I had Ashley Candyvale! She was really helpful :)
  • GlimmerCloveGlimmerClove Posts: 90 Member
    edited October 2013
    Talk about crappy babysitters...once Candy Ashleydale from Sunset Valley kidnapped one of my toddlers and her father and toddler twin brother never saw her again:(
  • 050840050840 Posts: 55 Member
    edited October 2013
    I dun trust babysitter, I usually have a Mummy family member take care of my baby as they dun need to sleep......
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,499 Member
    edited October 2013
    Chezumss wrote:
    Is there any way to sort it, because when the parent sims are at work, i have to hire a baby sitter, but she just stands around and the baby goes super hungry ;l

If you have room on your lot, you could always solve the problem by creating a Sim specifically to be a live-in Nanny/housekeeper. I've done this in the past. That way you control how baby is cared for while your Sims work.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited November 2013
    I've had nothing, but bad baby-sitters. One stood on the front porch all day. There was another who decided to cook and set the stove on fire. Luckily I had a fire alarm and the firemen are pretty competent in my game. Then, I had a baby-sitter who just stood in front of the crib for hours moaning and groaning because the kid was crying and in the red with a dirty diaper, no energy, and most of its hunger gone. In the end, they all took their money and left before the parents could fire them.

That's why I usually tend to hire a butler, or if I feel like being a little more eccentric and supernatural, I get Bonehilda. Both of them do a good job with kids. Or if there happens to be an older teenage sibling, I have them babysit the kids. I feel it adds a bit more realism, because when I was a teen, I was constantly babysitting my little sister.
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited November 2013
    it depends on there traits I think , but after all they are teens and get distracted, I find teens with the family trait will play with the toddlers, infact in riverview most of the baby sitters have this trait, and all they do is pick up the child hold it most of the night and play attack by claw, toss in air, sometimes I wish they would put the kids down so they can go play, they do feed them, but I have had babysitters that just don't care some babysitters in other worlds have the dislike children trait, I wish they had the older ones like ts2.