Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poor follow up!

EVileEVile Posts: 27 New Member
How is it that a game like Spore with perhaps the most customizable and creative editing system ever created for a game, is followed by the likes of the Sims 3?

We have obviously seen what the development team can do in terms of player controlled content. Every part in Spore is augmentable in terms of shape, size, placement, and color. So it seems only natural that in the Sims 3 all you really control is the color... Wait! No it doesn't! Way to drop the ball again EA!

Why is it that I can't make my character a dwarf or a behemoth? Why cant I augment the size of my female characters breasts? There is a bigger cup size than "C" you know. My girlfriend has G-cups (Believe what you want. I'm serious. She is a full figured girl and I love her!:wink: ) Why can't I make the cranium of my more intelligent characters bulbous and bulging? Why cant I make the skin color of my character purple or yellow? The list goes on. The developers obviously have the know-how to make such things possible. They just didn't... Instead we are given hardly any selection of clothing and hairstyle, as well as a minute amount of creative control.

Wasn't creative control and player made content what made these games popular in the first place? Now EA decides to move backwards and give us less instead of rewarding our fondness and loyalty by giving us more? Are we to wait for expansions for everything? Greed. Simple and plain.

"Let me tell you, Cassius, you yourself are much condemned to have an itching palm."
~William Shakespeare

Comments

• SympleSymSympleSym Posts: 124 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I, too, would love to be able to adjust more such as size and breast and so on... some bigger men have male ***** you know.... I'm sure with expansions they'll add more user-control ability.
  • xXPinkRocksXxxXPinkRocksXx Posts: 71 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I totally agree but then again, it had Maxis. It wasn't totally EA.