Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I stop new sims from coming into my town

I like it when i play to sims to create my own family and basically all the ppl that live there. SO i hate it when ppl i didnt even create move to my town and take up the house that i planned on moving in. I always go into edit town and delete these rude families but is there an easier way to prevent them from showing up at all. I dont mind the NPCs though.

Comments

• Robert_AF709Robert_AF709 Posts: 486 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Turn off "Story Progression" in "Options".
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited September 2010
    If you make enough of your own "townies" then the game won't put any new ones in.
  • simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited September 2010
    KatAnubis wrote:
    If you make enough of your own "townies" then the game won't put any new ones in.

actuly not true, story progression automaticaly moves some families out, families arnt just comeing in
  • Drak_AngelDrak_Angel Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited September 2010
    idea for new no add families button!!!
  • GenevieveAKGenevieveAK Posts: 9
    edited January 2012
    Drak_Angel wrote:

HEAR HEAR!!!!

I completely agree. I LOVE seeing sims I've made interact with one another and I hate seeing random sims I haven't made, interfering. It makes no sense for these random people to turn up, I enjoy watching the stories, and knowing exactly who everyone is, their traits and siblings etc, it makes it so much more fun to watch what happens, it's like a soap!!

"no add families button" definitely gets my vote.
  • xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited January 2012
    Drak_Angel wrote:

HEAR HEAR!!!!

I completely agree. I LOVE seeing sims I've made interact with one another and I hate seeing random sims I haven't made, interfering. It makes no sense for these random people to turn up, I enjoy watching the stories, and knowing exactly who everyone is, their traits and siblings etc, it makes it so much more fun to watch what happens, it's like a soap!!

"no add families button" definitely gets my vote.

It would be great for an apocalypse challenge.
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2012
    If you get Twallan's Story Progression, you can turn off Immigration by clicking on City Hall Turn off immigration by setting the immigration pressure to zero. You can still have all the other story progression options turned on but you won't have to worry about strangers showing up in town.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • sunset1624sunset1624 Posts: 354 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Like the first person said, you can turn off "Story Progression" in Options.
    For people who said that there should be a "no new families" button, if you're talking about the NPCs, you can't stop them from being created, plus they don't actually live anywhere, like if you you invite an NPC's household over, you can see the whole list of NPCs, which is a lot more than the amount of sims they allow you to make a household, which is 8 sims, but the NPCs don't live anywhere so they're just grouped all together in one "household", or if you're talking about the new families actually moving in the neighborhood, like I said, you can always turn off Story Progression.