Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Foal Twins/Triplets?

Okay so before anyone comments on this telling me that it "ISN'T" possible, you're wrong. I've read many forums of others and they have stated that they're horses have had twins and triplets. I was wondering if anyone knew how to make it more possible? Like for a sim you just need the fertility treatment, also if you want your sim to have a girl just feed her watermelon and it's more possible for a daughter. So yeah, does anyone who has had twins or triplet foals know how to get the probability of it up? Thank you(:

Comments

• LolHorseLolHorse Posts: 45 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I haven't really done any research about horses having twins/ triplets on sims 3, and as far as I know it's impossible.

You sure they didn't use a mod?
  • Lauren4411Lauren4411 Posts: 203 New Member
    edited January 2012
    No, they aren't wrong, it is impossible to have more than one foal at a time on TS3. If twin foals rarely survive in real life, why would it be possible to have more than 1 foal on the sims? They probably used a mod, or lied.
  • OmNomNomOmBabiesOmNomNomOmBabies Posts: 681 New Member
    edited January 2012
    It IS possible! People actually have videos of there sims horse having twins/triplets, but most of the time,sadly, one of the foals or the mother have a 1 in 1000 chance to survive.
  • StfutwitchStfutwitch Posts: 59
    edited January 2012
    It IS possible! People actually have videos of there sims horse having twins/triplets, but most of the time,sadly, one of the foals or the mother have a 1 in 1000 chance to survive.

Thank you. Maybe that explains the little ghost foal that roams around.
  • princesspdtprincesspdt Posts: 4,691 Member
    edited January 2012
    You can have twin foals, I've never heard of triplet foals on the sims 3. They don't die though. The sims isn't that realistic!
    edited January 2012
    You can have twin foals, I've never heard of triplet foals on the sims 3. They don't die though. The sims isn't that realistic!

Thankyou(: Do you possibly know how to get the probability of having twins up? And yeah there was one forum where this girl had said her horse had triplets. Weird.
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited January 2012
    the life time reward gives you a possible chance of having twins not sure about triplets but in the sims 3 guide it does say horses can have up to 2 foals increase chances with the fertility treatment.
  • piratekitagpiratekitag Posts: 3,326 New Member
    edited January 2012
    There's a rumor going around that your horse can have twins if blessed by a unicorn while pregnant. Don't know how true that is.

The 'triplet' foals that are often seen come from them being in an inactive household with story progression on. If you have a household with a horse, and it's pregnant, and you switch to a different household. When you switch back to the household with the horse-there might be triplet foals there. But triplet and twin foals are hardly born into active households.
    edited January 2012
    They dont have to be blessed by a unicorn...?
    And it can be active or inactive; Theres no different, you always have the same chance of getting twins/triplets.
    edited January 2012
    I've never heard of a horse having more than one foal in an active household unless blessed by a unicorn. It usually happens when they switch households, but have never heard of it happening in an active household.
    edited January 2012
    Twin foals can happen without unicorn blessing.
    edited January 2012
    Through how? The only other way I can think is if there is a twin lifetime reward for horses.
    edited January 2012
    Its just something really lucky some people get. Not a cheat, not a unicorn blessing, just really really lucky.
    edited January 2012
    Hm, I'm thinking it might just be a glitch or something really, really, really rare.
  • TaylorRheAnnTaylorRheAnn Posts: 10
    edited January 2012
    I know the pets have rewards too for fulfilling their wishes, I think they have a fertility treatment too.
    edited January 2012
    Well, I know it isn't a glitch, and if you keep breeding horses you will eventually get twins. :mrgreen: Keep Trying!!
    edited January 2012
    I have bred horses a lot and not once have they gotten twins or triplets. From what I've seen the horse only gives birth to twins/triplets if the person switches to a different household for a bit. But ah, guess I don't know what I'm talking about. So yep-guess horses can have twins and triplets.
    edited January 2012
    Well, I know the dogs and cats have a fertility treatment, but I don't recall seeing one for the horses. Can you send me a link for the pets guide? Because I downloaded mine online so I don't have a guide that I know of.
    edited January 2012
    Mine didn't come with a guide, my last two games haven't so.... I'm of no help there.
    edited January 2012
    Lol, well thank you anyways:]
  • DuckypantsDuckypants Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited January 2012
    There isn't an option available for fertility treatment for horses. And I've had over 30 foals from one horse, and never had twins or triplets. If it were true, then the fifty foal challenge would be much easier.
    edited January 2012
    Twins are possible. People have had them before, without a cheat, mod, or lifetime rewards.
  • moonz69moonz69 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited January 2012
    My horse had triplets! So it is possible. Think both parents had the lifetime reward for multiple births too. No mods or unicorn blessings either.
    edited January 2012
    And whoever said they dont die; YES, MOST OF THE TIME THEY DO!
    Sims IS that real; Atleast sims 3 is. Do you KNOW how big even ONE foal in a horses stomache is? ^.^
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited January 2012
    This thread is filled with so much heresay I can't decipher fact from fiction. Do not post a response that is a rumor!

Anyone have screenshots of supposed twins/triplets? The old internet rule applies here: pics or it didn't happen!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top