Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the highest generation you have played??

I was wondering because I dump families pretty early. lol. Whatever the highest is I will try to beat!

Comments

• oscarzoaoscarzoa Posts: 205 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Not very high lol! I'm on my fifth generation right now, and since I have a VERY short attention span that is a lot for me!
  • mvandemvande Posts: 8,587 Member
    edited January 2012
    oscarzoa: I need a nickname for you...oh well. I usually end up cheating and stuff so i get bored and then i make a new family. :p
  • SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited January 2012
  • PandoraRitterPandoraRitter Posts: 787 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I'm working on my first Legacy and I'm only the 2nd generation lol but I'm working towards 10. I'm the same way, I get bored very easily.
  • Pixie_dustttPixie_dusttt Posts: 266
    edited January 2012
    3.I'm pathetic -_-
  • LadySandstormLadySandstorm Posts: 4,251 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Six generations! :D
    I'm pretty proud of that. lol
  • LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited January 2012
    I've stop at gen 4, because, moving so many family member and trying to keep their family tree together is getting pretty tough ...moving the family to newer hoods after if blows up seems to wipe out the family tree all together ,so ending my generation game..I do have twallan mod installed, but, it's not EA bug proof.
  • ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited January 2012
    3.I'm pathetic -_-

I'm at 1 and will most likely will never change. So 3 is not that bad!
  • simsaddict7777777simsaddict7777777 Posts: 130 Member
    edited January 2012
    I haven't made it past gen. 2. There is just something about the second generation. I never made it past it even in the sims 2 do to getting bored, corrupt games, etc. I am determined to get to that 3rd generation.
  • LemonwoofLemonwoof Posts: 688 New Member
    edited January 2012
    currently on 7
  • plenilunesplenilunes Posts: 296 Member
    edited January 2012
    I think I'm at generation 5 right now.
  • Ashling0616Ashling0616 Posts: 258 Member
    edited January 2012
    6 :P before my computer crashed and I had to buy a new game altogether (Because the computer somehow made these round scratches on my disk 0_o) I'm currently on 2 :D
  • MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited January 2012
    I've stop at gen 4, because, moving so many family member and trying to keep their family tree together is getting pretty tough ...moving the family to newer hoods after if blows up seems to wipe out the family tree all together ,so ending my generation game..I do have twallan mod installed, but, it's not EA bug proof.

Twallan has a mod that allows you to move your sims to new hoods while still retaining relationships and family trees, it's called Porter.

On topic: Highest I've gotten is gen 5 I believe. Shooting for the stars with my new family (now that I've figured my way around most bugs hehe).
  • SamacoySamacoy Posts: 446
    edited January 2012
    I usually never make it past the third generation, simply because I try to keep control over the entire town, and I burn myself out and I never truly have fun with the game.

The highest I've had is a sixth generation, which I'm currently on (and bored as heckles of). I'm probably scrapping, so six will be maintained as my highest. I just need to get over my need to control every Sim, and I'll make it farther.
  • featherfulfeatherful Posts: 445 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I originally had 2, but then I started a new legacy and I'm still on 1...I've heard that some people can get up to 25 before their game can't support it anymore because everyones related or something....too complicated for the system!
  • MissFashionistaMissFashionista Posts: 455 Member
    edited January 2012
    I'm on generation 2 and I am 99.9% likely to drop the family right away and start a new one. I really need to stop cheating :lol:
  • MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited January 2012
    Samacoy wrote:
    I usually never make it past the third generation, simply because I try to keep control over the entire town, and I burn myself out and I never truly have fun with the game.

The highest I've had is a sixth generation, which I'm currently on (and bored as heckles of). I'm probably scrapping, so six will be maintained as my highest. I just need to get over my need to control every Sim, and I'll make it farther.

I have the same 'micromanaging ocd' problem hehe. What I've been doing with my current family is A) playing them in a way that is suitable for their age category; actually letting kids and teenagers go and have fun instead of skill grinding them to death, then I use young adult for serious dating and moving up in their careers, and *trying* to wait to marry them off and start having babies until they're adults. Seniors I have been spending time with them just allowing them to visit friends and family, and having 'reunions' and cookouts.
    B) Picking one day a week where I try not to control them at all (unless absolutely necessary), usually this ends up being Saturday
    C) I have been switching households and moving around my neighborhood and actually allowing story progression to do things and NOT 'fix' everything back to perfection lol.
  • SamacoySamacoy Posts: 446
    edited January 2012
    Maera wrote:
    Samacoy wrote:

I have the same 'micromanaging ocd' problem hehe. What I've been doing with my current family is A) playing them in a way that is suitable for their age category; actually letting kids and teenagers go and have fun instead of skill grinding them to death, then I use young adult for serious dating and moving up in their careers, and *trying* to wait to marry them off and start having babies until they're adults. Seniors I have been spending time with them just allowing them to visit friends and family, and having 'reunions' and cookouts.
    B) Picking one day a week where I try not to control them at all (unless absolutely necessary), usually this ends up being Saturday
    C) I have been switching households and moving around my neighborhood and actually allowing story progression to do things and NOT 'fix' everything back to perfection lol.

Oh not me! I couldn't bare to EVER let the Sims actually...live. I don't think I can go without controlling every aspect of everyone's lives. I think I'm too OCD to play the Sims...
  • Tw1stTw1st Posts: 486 Member
    edited January 2012
    Generation 9. Then my game died and I had to completely re-install it, and now I can't seem to get past even generation 1. :(
  • WriterGurl97WriterGurl97 Posts: 6,087 New Member
    edited January 2012
    This legacy is my furthest. Oldest of the most recent generation is Amethyst (Teen) of Generation 3.
  • rebecca4251rebecca4251 Posts: 247
    edited January 2012
    The farthest I got was with the parents elders and kids teens in the first gen
    :( I prefer creating more then playing tbh :)
  • SIMMYKIDWOOKIE19SIMMYKIDWOOKIE19 Posts: 131
    edited January 2012
    I was up to my 4th but then i get bored...and its hard to find a mate for my sims because no one have kids and im too lazy to create one ugh...maybe i should get that mod thingy..
  • mercifullynewmercifullynew Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2012
    I have gotten to 6. I stop there because my computer gets to slow to handle it, unfortunately.
  • BaileyTBaileyT Posts: 12
    edited January 2012
    5 or 6 I believe, however I do tend to move the family into a new neighborhood every two generations or so, just to get a new environment for them. My biggest problem is that by generation 5, they get so appalingly rich that it's just not interesting to play them anymore...

My mom is currently on generation 17, she has dedication :lol: However it's making her town lag quite a lot, so it's probably not even advisable to go that far :?
  • XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited January 2012
    25, no joke lol. I lost it in the great laptop crash of 2011, but i have been playing that save on and off since 2009. I had to generate a new save like every 5 generations or so, but i took them all over using the sim bin lol

Update" Spelling and numbers, my dyslexia is kicking in haha
    Post edited by Unknown User on