Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA -It's Rant Time-

Comments

• Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited January 2012
    Sedrfigy wrote:
    the game does say that online content is not rated. if parents are really concerned with what their children are seeing, they shouldn't allow a child to navigate the site unsupervised. im sure ea doesn't want vulgar images and does their best to keep them down if they know about them

if you disagree, and are really soooo offended, dont go on the exchange! what can we do?

Here we go again. :roll: I understand that you do not agree, but if you are not going to be productive in this post, and just start a flame-war, then why not go to a post you are interested in. Obviously this is not the place you want to be. Oh and btw, go to a couple of other threads, like this one: start at page one and tell me if you want your children or little brothers or little sisters seeing this stuff. If you do not understand the reason for this thread, then don't post. EA let this happen.

Well Bob's thread has been deleted so we are the only ones left. Although kidsinlove is getting buried fast. Even though Bob's thread is gone, doesn't negate the meaning of what I said.
    On the plus side, they stopped censoring Bob's name finally! :)
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited January 2012
    Sedrfigy wrote:
    the game does say that online content is not rated. if parents are really concerned with what their children are seeing, they shouldn't allow a child to navigate the site unsupervised. im sure ea doesn't want vulgar images and does their best to keep them down if they know about them

if you disagree, and are really soooo offended, dont go on the exchange! what can we do?

It isn’t just the exchange. The person in particular that this thread is about has been doing this for over a year now. He comes along seemingly at random and floods the forum with grotesque images both in his own threads and in other simmers perfectly innocent threads. They are sending friend requests and then posting vile comments, they are gifting people and leaving them death threats

No matter how much you monitor your children it isn’t something you can avoid. There are forum rules in place, p.ornography is a definite no no as is harassment and yet EA has proven time and time again that they don’t care.

EA is well aware of the problem and has been for a year. The fact this is still going on just proves how serious they are about the issue, doesn’t it?
  • simsaddict7777777simsaddict7777777 Posts: 130 Member
    edited January 2012
    I agree that EA should do something about this. Luckily I was not here to see any of these threads with inappropriate images on them. And I hope me or anyone else end up seeing rather disgusting images. I haven't really looked through the exchange and especially after being told of what ends up sneaking its way in there.
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited January 2012
    Has he posted on this thread. I'm afraid to look. :roll:
  • fabe7fabe7 Posts: 1,585 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I Have Been Reading The Post Alot Are Debates Overs Simple I Agrees But I Think A Few Are Missing The Point....

Yeah He Is A Troll, I Understand He Will Continue.

But It's The Fact That EA Can't Own Up To The Fact They Have A Problem I Mean We Could Help If The Came To Us For Mods Or Police Or Someone To See The Forum Like A Watch. I'm Sure That Is We All Pitched In 1 Hour The Forums Would Be Clean.

Also, EA Hides It In The Closet Or Sweeps It Under The Rug...

No Biggie? Actually It Is Its One Thing To Post Images But To Promote-

Suicide
    Death
    Attacks
    Etc.

Not Alone Promote It But Force It Upon Us

IT'S A FELONY!

I Don't Understand Why EA Create A Thread Explaining

How We Can Help
    What They Are Gonna Do
    Fixing It

I Understand Children Looking At It And Stuff But Adding Death Into This Shakes Me
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited January 2012
    xTayla wrote:
    this is getting disgusting. the past three threads i've looked at, he's posted with the same dirty pictures. i let my little sister watch me on the forums and on sims. she's four, and she was totally freaked out when she saw it. :l
    I hope you were able to talk to your folks about it, so that they and you can file a complaint.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited January 2012
    Who Agree That They Should Clean Up The Site Before Asking For The Shorty Award :?:
  • cloudmakacloudmaka Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:
    cloudmaka wrote:
    Well, I am sorry if I derailed the original purpose of this thread please just know even thou it might seem I am debating some your goals/ideas in this thread it was not my intent. I was simple trying to help out and give some advice based on past dealings I have had with trolls.

I tend to lurk on these forums usually only posting with gaming issues/gaming only. And read threads like " you are doing it wrong" and " what is going on in your game now" because they are funny :lol:

I hope all of you that are putting in the effort to help stop him do make a difference and get some attention. The only other thing I can say is I am sorry to all those that seem to really been affected by this and I know easier said then done but try your best to not let some low life get the better of you and ruin your gaming. :)

Well said my friend. :) I just want you to know I am not jumping on you and I do understand your point.

understood and dont worry I never took it that way :)
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2012
    fabe7 wrote:
    Who Agree That They Should Clean Up The Site Before Asking For The Shorty Award :?:

*raises hand*

actually i want to ad... someone needs to contact those handing out shorty award and tell about this....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited January 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    fabe7 wrote:

*raises hand*

actually i want to ad... someone needs to contact those handing out shorty award and tell about this....

I'm pretty sure at least one simmer has.
    edited January 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    fabe7 wrote:

*raises hand*

One Simmer Actually Has...
    edited January 2012
    fabe7 wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    fabe7 wrote:

*raises hand*

One Simmer Actually Has...

I have... but I think we need a US simmer to do so...
    but yes I send them an email, though I havn't gotten the promissed respond.
    And I think it as many things might help if more than one contact them saying whats going on.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • mercifullynewmercifullynew Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2012
    I had heard about someone doing this on the forums, but hadn't seen it myself. Last night was the first time and it made me sick to my stomach.

I am appalled that EA is not making a more concentrated effort into preventing this and deleting the replies that contain the offensive content.
  • OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited January 2012
    I've emailed those at the Short Awards twice, each one including links and screenshots to the mess.

No word from them, they likely don't care, as they've been reportedly showing bad judgment in the past. Rigging is one accusation they have on them, removing the votes of a company that was in first place, taking them completely out of the running.
    edited January 2012
    If EA Does Win Yay

But I Don't Want Them Going Up There And Saying...

"Online Community Is Wonderful Yadadada, We Listen To Our Customers Yadadada"
    edited January 2012
    I've emailed those at the Short Awards twice, each one including links and screenshots to the mess.

No word from them, they likely don't care, as they've been reportedly showing bad judgment in the past. Rigging is one accusation they have on them, removing the votes of a company that was in first place, taking them completely out of the running.

:shock:
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited January 2012
    fabe7 wrote:
    If EA Does Win Yay

But I Don't Want Them Going Up There And Saying...

"Online Community Is Wonderful Yadadada, We Listen To Our Customers Yadadada"
    Ah, but were they to do that we can turn around and contact some of the sponsors, well at least it sounds like a good theory ....

I'm always skeptical of most award programs .... they always seem a bit to self-serving if you ask me. (just my opinion)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • mercifullynewmercifullynew Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2012
    I did some research, and this sort of behavior can be reported to the FBI here: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I don't have any of the links saved so I did not go through with a report. But, in the event that the offensive content is still around the site, this may be the place to go - especially for those of you who know more about the history of this guy and information about him.
  • NumNummNumNumm Posts: 45
    edited January 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:
    Sedrfigy wrote:

Here we go again. :roll: I understand that you do not agree, but if you are not going to be productive in this post, and just start a flame-war, then why not go to a post you are interested in. Obviously this is not the place you want to be. Oh and btw, go to a couple of other threads, like this one: start at page one and tell me if you want your children or little brothers or little sisters seeing this stuff. If you do not understand the reason for this thread, then don't post. EA let this happen.

Well Bob's thread has been deleted so we are the only ones left. Although kidsinlove is getting buried fast. Even though Bob's thread is gone, doesn't negate the meaning of what I said.

Okay, first off, I must say (call me a hater however you want ) I don't see how Sedrfigy is starting a flame war. I got accused of the same thing just because I don't share the same immediate disgust as the others. As a matter of fact, Sedrfigy gave a good point. The forums are, in fact, unrated. The internet itself is not a safe place.

I understand what everyone's saying about little kids and yes, it is quite offensive but at the same time, you need to know how to handle trolls. This isn't just EA anymore, it's the internet. You're crossing the threshold of safety when you transition from your game to the forums. While i'm not saying it's morally correct to have these photos be posted, it's also something that happens on any forum. To say that EA isn't doing their job because some ( obviously skilled ) troll has made their way onto the forums is unfair in my opinion. ( I'm not starting a flame war, i'm just stating my opinion. )

The troll made it clear on the forums that if they ban him, he'll simply recreate another account. I would imagine that he has his IP adress hidden so it's not really so easy to get rid of him completely. I was on the forums last night when he was rampantly posting, and when I came on today I was glad to see that they'd at least tried to clean up the forums. But you want to know the ONLY way to get rid of a troll? Ignore them. The less attention you give them, the sooner they disappear. If the posts are insulting you to the point where you are offended, then why not just avoid them for a while rather than spamming the FBI website with complaints? Much of my family are federal officers and trust me their time isn't much spent on tracking down trolls who post obscene photos on forums for attention.

Once again, i'm not starting a flame war or trying to fight anyone on this thread. I'm simply stating my opinion and saying that the only true way to get rid of a troll is to ignore them, that way you're not adding any fuel to the fire.

Callum9432 has a thread that is very honest about last night here : http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/490049.page

edited January 2012
    NumNumm
    how do they look at death threats?

I surgest you see what this is about, the pictures well they are just the icing on 1 disgusting cake.

This been going on for a year!
    Ignoring havn't helped, it just got worse.

we are talking threats to do stuff I can't even writt on here, atempt on blackmailing.

Some one better take this serious, becouse this isn't you ordenary troll.

it is the internet, but that dosn't mean there are no laws.
  • MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    edited January 2012
    I did some research, and this sort of behavior can be reported to the FBI here: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I don't have any of the links saved so I did not go through with a report. But, in the event that the offensive content is still around the site, this may be the place to go - especially for those of you who know more about the history of this guy and information about him.
    Oh wow! Finally someone mentioned the FBI! I've been sitting here for the last hour or so, reading all these threads about this lunitics latest antics and the terms "Police" and "FBI" entered my mind several times. I've been imagining, or fantasizing might be a better word, that maybe the FBI HAS been contacted and that's why EA left the images up as long as they did, so they (FBI) could investigate? Probably just wishful thinking on my part, but I DO know that if this slime was out showing these pictures in the schoolyards, the authorities would be all over his perverted a*s*s!

Ooh, I think I just ranted :shock: Sorry :?
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited January 2012
    Personally, I think that EA actually needs to address this issue.

It doesn't take many to let the world spread. If media got ahold of this story, they would go nuts over it.

EA needs to man up, address the issue. Tell their customers that they are doing everything they can to avoid the issue again.

Sweeping it under the rug this time WON'T work.

It's disgusting what happened, and in no way acceptable.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
    edited January 2012
    well I think it is up to us (the custumors) to contact the medias/the police/FBI who ever we see fite to get this stopped.

So I hope all who can will do so in their countrie.

personally I have... and am... every day with out proper EA action and still stuff up from this troll = I make more contact to medias/police
  • OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited January 2012
    NumNumm wrote:
    Faith12368 wrote:
    Sedrfigy wrote:

Okay, first off, I must say (call me a hater however you want ) I don't see how Sedrfigy is starting a flame war. I got accused of the same thing just because I don't share the same immediate disgust as the others. As a matter of fact, Sedrfigy gave a good point. The forums are, in fact, unrated. The internet itself is not a safe place.

I understand what everyone's saying about little kids and yes, it is quite offensive but at the same time, you need to know how to handle trolls. This isn't just EA anymore, it's the internet. You're crossing the threshold of safety when you transition from your game to the forums. While i'm not saying it's morally correct to have these photos be posted, it's also something that happens on any forum. To say that EA isn't doing their job because some ( obviously skilled ) troll has made their way onto the forums is unfair in my opinion. ( I'm not starting a flame war, i'm just stating my opinion. )

The troll made it clear on the forums that if they ban him, he'll simply recreate another account. I would imagine that he has his IP adress hidden so it's not really so easy to get rid of him completely. I was on the forums last night when he was rampantly posting, and when I came on today I was glad to see that they'd at least tried to clean up the forums. But you want to know the ONLY way to get rid of a troll? Ignore them. The less attention you give them, the sooner they disappear. If the posts are insulting you to the point where you are offended, then why not just avoid them for a while rather than spamming the FBI website with complaints? Much of my family are federal officers and trust me their time isn't much spent on tracking down trolls who post obscene photos on forums for attention.

Once again, i'm not starting a flame war or trying to fight anyone on this thread. I'm simply stating my opinion and saying that the only true way to get rid of a troll is to ignore them, that way you're not adding any fuel to the fire.

Callum9432 has a thread that is very honest about last night here : http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/490049.page

I apologize, but when you boast about your website being "family-friendly" and the minimum age for registration is 13+, then you should most definitely be held responsible for this kind of behavior that has gone on for almost a year, especially when the community has been throwing very good ideas out there to prevent it, which they haven't done.

Yes, the internet is not safe. That is why there are disclosure warnings on sites that host or link to mature content. That is why you are required to be of 13 years or older to have an account on Facebook, or have an account here. That is why, whenever someone does post mature content on Facebook, it's usually taken down pretty quick.

Sorry, I'm not saying that EA are directly responsible, but they have had a year to do something about this. That makes them negligent, and it makes them an enabler of this behavior to continue. They've had ample opportunity, they didn't capitalize on that, which makes this latest round of behavior their responsibility.

You may not agree, but there it is.

ETA: As a note. On my website, I have a rant blog where I will swear, use obscenity, maybe even offend people. I disclose that on the very front page of my blog, and in a very clear area. I make it clear that I do these things, and from then on, it's up to the parents. I have yet to see a disclosure on their front page, or a warning when you enter the forums, and if they're going to allow the behavior to continue for a Teen/Child fanbase, then they should most certainly provide a warning page upon entering the forums, or a disclosure upon arriving at the website.
  • NumNummNumNumm Posts: 45
    edited January 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    NumNumm
    how do they look at death threats?

I surgest you see what this is about, the pictures well they are just the icing on 1 disgusting cake.

This been going on for a year!
    Ignoring havn't helped, it just got worse.

we are talking threats to do stuff I can't even writt on here, atempt on blackmailing.

Some one better take this serious, becouse this isn't you ordenary troll.

it is the internet, but that dosn't mean there are no laws.

I know, i've seen him. But I haven't seen any serious, personal or direct threats ( I may be wrong, of course ). Unless he directly states that he will put someone, or multiple people in the way of harm, we haven't exactly got enough to put the kid behind bars.
    Sorry, I'm not saying that EA are directly responsible, but they have had a year to do something about this. That makes them negligent, and it makes them an enabler of this behavior to continue. They've had ample opportunity, they didn't capitalize on that, which makes this latest round of behavior their responsibility.

Sadly, while it does violate the Terms of Service, EA makes it clear. "EA has no liability for your or any third party's violation of this Agreement." So, we can't really look to EA to place blame. & for the record, Angelic, I do agree with everything you just said. But, alas, EA has their disclaimers, if you read the Terms of Service as I have been for the past bit.

Honestly, everyone is agreeing in the fact that we want this stupidness off the site. I hope he is perm banned soon, as i'd like to have posts about SIMS be the focus on the site once more.