Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• Rsmiles544Rsmiles544 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Lack of Hair Styles

Can't take my infants or toddlers upstairs

Lack of ease in creating multiple families

Lack of a clothing store

Lack of clothing styles

Interactions are tedious and too trait specific (i.e. not everyone can massage their wives when they are pregnant)

No cute hair styles at all for toddlers and children

Life spans are too short for just the adult phase. They are guaranteed to be elders before their kids grow at all.
  • BreAnn28BreAnn28 Posts: 32 New Member
    edited July 2009
    they age too fast...and when u change it they don't age for faaaaar too long. no happy medium :(

no family relationships..what the heck? i mean..i had a teenage daughter who lived in the same house as her dad. i had to have her introduce herself to him...are u kidding me?
  • hellokatzhellokatz Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    WoWLynnia wrote:
    Sims popping out random babies with no second parent

Fully agreed. It scares me that sims can apparently asexually reproduce.
  • adorkable8605adorkable8605 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited July 2009
    My sim ALWAYS wants to massage his wife but he doesn't have the option (but occassionally his wife can massage him, but not always)...It's annoying
  • KittyMooreKittyMoore Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I really hate how my sims just disappear into the car or into buildings.It just seems so lazy.I want my sim to open her own car door and I want to be able to control her when she goes into buildings.
  • KittyMooreKittyMoore Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I also hate that there is no elixer of life in this sims.I loved that stuff!!
  • TatianaEstelleTatianaEstelle Posts: 41 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Error # 12 is the thing I hate the most. Oh, and the fact that sometimes I can't even hear the music because the Sims 3 doesn't run very good with realtek audio. Oh, and I don't like the hair styles very much. I only like 3 of em'.
    Actually, I hope they never make an expansion pack for the sims 3. I would rather just buy stuff from the store. That way, you can choose what you want, and you won't run up your computer's memory.

You can check my blog for a list of all the stuff I miss 'bout the Sims 2.
  • FredthelogFredthelog Posts: 159 New Member
    edited July 2009
    1 thing that bothers me about the Sims 3 is that when a sim is pregnant, they just have to wear JUST maternity clothing. They should be able to wear anything! Formal dress', Bikini's, all of the everyday tops and bottoms, etc.

In real life pregnant women don't always wear maternity clothes!

Please fix this EA. Add it in a patch or EP, I don't care, just please do it.
  • SimsAndTheCitySimsAndTheCity Posts: 91 New Member
    edited July 2009
    ^^^ Agreed.

The pregnant clothes issue has to be the biggest annyoing thing for me too. Even if you could just edit in create a style the everyday dress/horrible running outfit a little to change the colour and pattern, that might help things a little, but they always get stuck with the black or pink. Once I custom made a dress in that style and the pregnant woman wore it, but sometimes they don't, and I don't want to have to delete all the other pre-made outfits of that style forever just so that one pregnant sim will wear something I like. Very annoying!
  • LinerBeeLinerBee Posts: 46 New Member
    edited July 2009
    the 2 worst for me are
    1)age length is too short with no way to lengthen it
    2)the creativity skill has been broken down into Painting and guitar skills

Just plant, grow, harvest and eat life-fruit.
  • katiemax1katiemax1 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    We can't make our own custom neighborhood. :cry:

Also you can't customise what negihbourhoods you already have e,g. add trees and billboards, you also can't add empty lots you have to bulldose houses though i know thats to help population problems occuring.

though what bothers me is... when i go on CAS my game crashes at some point so i've never actually been able to finish a sim and lastly the quality is bad and when i tryed to turn the quality up the screen went blue (i did restart the game) and you couldn't see anything and i only turn one thing to medium :(
  • Trendz86Trendz86 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Sims 3 needs way more clothes and hair choices.

IT ALSO NEEDS A PERMANENT BABY BASKET OR STROLLER FOR MULTIPLES!!!!
  • twilight286twilight286 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i hate that to creat a good sim u have to take like five hr. ugh i hate that the sims 2 tims might not have had a lot of details but they had more beuty i was kinda disapointed w/ the sims 3.=(
  • sims_fan5533sims_fan5533 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2009
    This game was made by EA and not Maxis
  • REVERENDMARCREVERENDMARC Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    We can't make our own custom neighborhood. :cry:

yeah that's definitely annoying... sims2 is better regarding tools such as stairs, neighborhood/lot design/placement, etc.

they took it away though. gameplay is better as well as graphics and the angled zoom...

but why develop a game and take away certain aspects that it's preceeding game, sims2, had??? i don't understand. :?
  • 0Neish00Neish0 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Maybe it me not figuring this out on my own but I wish there were clothing stores! I hate having my kids grow up with ugly clothes, ugh! If someone knows if there is a way to get new clothes please let me know. I guess it's a good sign if I can't figure everything out on my own but I'm still wondering about this.
  • silveraquariiumsilveraquariium Posts: 49 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I hate how long it takes to customize everything.
    Actually, I kinda love it!
    It's pretty incredible.
    And I could honestly spend 2 or 3 hours just customizing my Sims home!
  • TAR004TAR004 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    0Neish0 wrote:
    Maybe it me not figuring this out on my own but I wish there were clothing stores! I hate having my kids grow up with ugly clothes, ugh! If someone knows if there is a way to get new clothes please let me know. I guess it's a good sign if I can't figure everything out on my own but I'm still wondering about this.

If you have a dresser, you can change any member of the family's clothes. If you choose "plan outfit" it will take your sim right into the clothes window and you will have access to all the clothes just like you do during "create a sim".

I actually think this is an improvement on the sims2 clothing store; for one, you don't have to travel to a store, and two, the clothes are free. You can even plan up to three outfits per category (casual, dressy etc). Just have your kid go up to the dresser. I've even done it with babies, but I can't remember if I had the parents holding them, or if I just clicked on the dresser while I had them selected, try it out. :)

Now if we could get some better clothes, the thing that bothers me is the men's jeans. They **** large. Most of them make the guys look like they are wearing bell-bottom floods from the 70's. 🐸🐸🐸🐸. And a lot of the guy's shirts are too short.
  • GheartGheart Posts: 138 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I love this game to death, but the Number 1 thing that bothers me, is that there is only 1 game per neighborhood -_-
  • meowmixpresidentmeowmixpresident Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    no memories, no god mode. otherwise the game is amazingly addicting.
  • BoredguyBoredguy Posts: 842 New Member
    edited July 2009
    babsygirl2 wrote:
    the glitches make me wanna throw up!
    me too, and the crashing, i think ive said that already but it still sends me in a boiling rage...

edit: also i'd like memories back too.
    edit edit: car animations, id like those too.
  • LEIGHkatyLEIGHkaty Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    That we can't have pets...
    It would make the kids lives so much more enjoyable.
  • dekspdeksp Posts: 29 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Id say the lack of "certain" and "unnaproved" traits
    Ie. Hot, annoying, fanatic, melonhead, Nerd 1++++, bully :twisted:
  • DylvasieDylvasie Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I absolutely cannot stand how...
    When my sim lives in a large house, with more than 2 children,
    It takes the sim literally FOREVER to do whatever you tell the sim to do T.T"
    It's like...
    Ok the baby is starving, and needs a diaper change. But the mother sim WON'T react. I will tell her to do something, it literally takes her a whole sim hour to do it. Even if its just picking the child up! :shock:
    It gts frustrating, but it doesn't happen all the time.
  • DragoninheartDragoninheart Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I think in my opinion I miss the cutscenes to me they added something to the game but thats my opinion