Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting.

Comments

• VairyDairyDooVairyDairyDoo Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Has anyone cloned a female to get a female child and not received an IF ? Cannot find anything on forums about this. Is it a glitch or do they not get an IF because they are cloned from an already made adult ? I have moved them out of their home and back in hoping it would rectify but still nothing. Sorry to sound so vague but VERY new too Sims :)
  • losticonlosticon Posts: 215 New Member
    edited October 2011
    All these issues I have noticed since installing generations, but obviously extend and involve other expansions and may have existed prior to generations, but are never getting fixed. So annoyed.
    My generations bugs that I have discovered so far include:

Teen cannot socialize with other teens except "Snub", "Stop doing that" or "Call over". Seems to be only the ones that they meet through the "Meet new Friends" selection when at high school.

Imaginary friend keeps following kids into bathroom so that they cancel showering or going to bathroom constantly.

The free vacation can completely ruin the "town/family" you are playing. Just stay away from it. Opportunities and real travel to WA towns are particularly impacted. I've had it do some very extreme things and thought the family was completely ruined, so have a backup.

Tattoo and styling station are still resetting ages. Really obnoxious. I just keep my sims away from these for now which is unfortunate.

Everybody becomes a celebrity, regardless. I don't know how to avoid becoming a celebrity. It's obnoxious. I really hate the paparazzi always hanging out outside homes or even entering if you have an arch to the outside from an indoor space.

Relationships continue to decay with even having LTR Long-distance friend and Charisma challenge achievement etc. Not sure if this has something to do with being a celebrity and possibly scandals/rumors etc. related.

WA excavations still screwed up. Sim gets the blocked/can't reach/use bubble and stomps/throws a fit. Have fixed this with a mod which I don't like doing.

Vampires are overrunning my towns. They are far too common and I feel like they should allow us to tweak this some in the options etc. It seems like at least half or more of the other sims become vampires. In Bridgeport, its even more.

Weird bugs with the photography skill, such as when taking a picture of the pyramids, my sim totally freezes and cannot cancel the interaction and the entire photography skill page/journal is completely blank. Must use resetSim to unfreeze the sim.

The entire household gets the same memory pop-up even if they didn't have any involvement. Particularly when one sim gets a party invitation, everyone gets the memory. Also when teaching to drive, walk, talk, potty train.

At Bridgeport, an apartment's elevator screwed up and locked the entire family out of access to their apartment and I have evicted them and replaced the apartment and everything and still doesn't work. In build mode with family evicted, it shows as in use by a sim, but cannot be deleted even with moveobjects_on cheat because of the rules of the apartments.

Teenagers get stuck with the "sneaking" walk after they are grounded even if they are home or ungrounded etc. Sim has to be moved to clipboard with another adult and back into the house which loses opportunities and wishes. ResetSim does not work for this. Also, grounded teenagers have to sneak away and can get in more trouble for going to school.

It'd be great if these would be added to the first post so that EA might notice. Thanks.

I have most of these issues as well and I only just installed Generations last night so in your case, although you may not have had the issues prior to installing Generations, they did exist prior to it and Generations just triggered them for you. I have been gradually installing, thoroughly playing for a while before adding another ep/sp. The travel bug has been a problem since the adventures pack was installed, and the other glitches have always existed. I specifically waited to start playing Sims 3 until it had been out for a couple of years to give it a chance to have the bugs worked out. Unfortunately it is just as buggy as every previous Sims game :(
  • losticonlosticon Posts: 215 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Oh and another one, my sims end up being friends with their vehicles and also meeting and becoming friends with exact clones of themselves when on community lots.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited November 2011
    This is not a bug, just a "forgotten detail".

When I play with "hideheadlineffects on", those huuuuge memory smileys still pop up. I've turned off most memories, but only want the most important, but it is kinda annoying when taking a good picture say of a wedding, and just when you positioned everything right, the couple's heads are more or less covered with those big icons.

As long as we can't turn off memories completely, at least make "Hideheadlineffects on" include memory icons. Please.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose Posts: 6 New Member
    edited December 2011
    My sims keep resetting everytime I try to do an action,
    they can't be read stories to, give flowers to, talk to, play games with, gossip with, perform with

anything

:?

Anyone know a fix?
  • wizplacewizplace Posts: 1,820 Member
    edited December 2011
    Probally Not getting an answer but it's worth a shot. I have the newest version of the sims 3 and I have an acer laptop with all the requirements and yet when I play Generations NOW it plays for a few seconds and then goes to black. HELP ME!
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited December 2011
    Never mind.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • simbunssimbuns Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    I've noticed ever since Ive downloaded this expansion that there are moments of lag, especially inthe create a sim/change your look tool.Anyone else notice this?
  • momapoemomapoe Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2012
    simbuns wrote:
    I've noticed ever since Ive downloaded this expansion that there are moments of lag, especially inthe create a sim/change your look tool.Anyone else notice this?

Mine is very glitchy in Create A Sim as well. You're not alone. :wink:
  • SHORTI23SHORTI23 Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2012
    ok so I don't know if this was answered on here already or not... but I haven't been able to find a solution. I've been trying to fix the family today but apparently it's only getting worse :(

The adults in the house were offered a vacation and they went on it. The game was saved during the middle of their vacation. When I opened the game back up and was playing, I got the message that the parents would be returning in 2 hours, but after 2 hours they didn't return. The dad's picture went blank and the box turned green. The mom remained greyed out. I tried the resetsim cheat and nothing happened. I closed the game w/o saving and came back in but the same exact thing continued to happen. I REALLY didn't want to lose the dad b/c I was really advanced on the world adventures with him, but I couldn't play at all anymore... so I aged up the teenager and moved the parents out (hoping I could move them back in). Well... can't move them back in and now the rest of the family STILL can't travel b/c it says the adults are still traveling even though they've been removed from the house. I'm at a loss. I don't want to quit the family but I don't know what else to do... and worse? it's not the first time something like this happened!

Is there ANYTHING else I can do w/o having to delete my game???
  • FlynnyShawFlynnyShaw Posts: 16
    edited January 2012
    thanks helped a bit
  • TwielyeghtTwielyeght Posts: 50 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I haven't played ts3 in a while and decided to get the generations ep, I understand there have been some patch fixes so I'm not certain if this is a bug that hasn't been addressed. I was playing late night and my sim baby seems to get memories that the sim parents normally obtains. (i.e getting party invite memories) Are the sim infants suppose to get those memorables? FYI, I do not have any mods or cc installed. Some light on this issue would be helpful ty in advance.

No matter how many patches come out I always have this problem. Tried resetting town too with MasterController, but I've learned to accept the mass memories. While it's helpful in some ways (i.e. both parents want to potty train a toddler), it can be annoying later on. I just go in to their memories and delete the party invites or any other memory they don't need to have or didn't really do.
  • jensimgirljensimgirl Posts: 160 Member
    edited February 2012
    i have inadvisable babies!!
  • HarleyQuinn666HarleyQuinn666 Posts: 8
    edited February 2012
    I only just got Generations and now my game crashes when I try to load a family. I've done the DEP thing, I've deleted all my CC and mods. *** is the problem? How can they sell stuff that doesn't work :evil:
  • lavamonstalavamonsta Posts: 6 New Member
    edited March 2012
    If anyone is having issues with aging, try Buzzler's Aging Manager mod over at modthesims. Everyone in my town stopped aging halfway through a legacy I've been working on forever, and I thought I'd have to give it up until I found his mod. It's fixed all of my issues so far. I really recommend at least giving it a shot. It traps the errors that cause your sims to stop aging and lets them age up normally.

Hope this helps you all like it helped me! I'm so happy I've finally found something to fix it that I'm searching out all of the unsolved questions people have posted about this and letting them know.
  • KerrynBKerrynB Posts: 515 New Member
    edited March 2012
    How do u uninstall Generations?
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited March 2012
    The problem im having is with the water slide.Was working fine the first time i used it then it wouldnt let any of my sims interact with it anymore :?
  • TXKathyTXKathy Posts: 5
    edited May 2012
    I don't know if anyone has posted about this yet, but I have a Sim that I just started in the Architectural Design career, and his career outfit is his graduation robe, which looks ridiculous. This is my first Sim in the Architectural Design career, so I don't know if this is a Generations glitch or if this is another expansion pack or the base game, or what. I have Ambitions, Generations, and World Adventures. And one mod that allowed me to reset their walks because a while ago my teen got stuck sneak-walking everywhere he went even though he wasn't grounded anymore.
  • Sims1011128Sims1011128 Posts: 5
    edited May 2012
    i had the same problem with one of my sims when they went to cuddle on the couch and the man left, the woman's arms dragged around the house as he walked out, i was playing this on showtime but i have every expansion pack. i just exited out of it without saving and the problem has not reoccured.
  • SiabhraSiabhra Posts: 149 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Sorry if this has already been brought up, but I just can't read over a hundred pages in this post ...

My base game says 1.33.2
    I have all the expansions and stuff packs except Outdoor living (not currently loaded) Town Stuff, Master Suite and the Show Time ones.
    I have NO MODS and NO CC except what I purchased from the store here, nothing from the exchange and nothing from any 3rd party site or what ever.
    My sims live in Appalossa Plains.

I am still trying to deal with my town's people all looking like inappropriate, insane people because of the career uniforms they are all walking around in! (they don't change after work) I tried saving my Sims with their lot and starting them over again in a new town to slolve the problem, but my horse lost ALL 4 of the new traits he had gained :cry:
    So I went back to play the town with the messed up career uniforms (despite the weirdly dressed people), all seamed ok for past couple days then ...

This just happened today ... My sim just returned from China (the town asked him to go there to represent them in a martial Arts Tournament) He did some fishing while he was there but when he returned home all his fish he caught there were gone (I believe that was listed) but I don't think this was:

As soon as he went to talk to his wife the option to ask about what school they graduated was there again, I thought it odd because they already knew they had both gone to the School for the gifted ... so I got them to ask each other again and sure enough NOW they have each gone to different schools :roll: He is a Rock Star and now it says he went to a Military School :shock: and she is a writer and it now says she went to some french school of the arts? Why would that change from what it was before the trip? Randomly selected uniforms now schools that randomly change too?

I have also notice that even thought I have turned on the story progression and aging options, my town just stays the same, no couples hooking up and marring, no new babies, no deaths, no promotions in any of the towns people? The newspaper says stuff like so and so did this or that, but they are not actual intractable towns people that my sims can met.

I just can't seam to win with this game :cry: I don't even understand what MODS are and I don't understand half the stuff they say to fix things :shock: and if I didn't love this game so much I would randomly Frisbee my sims disc's off my 9th story balcony! LOL
  • SiabhraSiabhra Posts: 149 New Member
    edited May 2012
    i had the same problem with one of my sims when they went to cuddle on the couch and the man left, the woman's arms dragged around the house as he walked out, i was playing this on showtime but i have every expansion pack. i just exited out of it without saving and the problem has not reoccured.

My Rock Star ATE his guitar once LOL. I told him to put away the guitar and then eat his pancakes, he put away his pancakes (in his bp) and ate his guitar! He looked so funny walking around "wearing it" stand and all! I tried everything to fix it, but ended up having to start over. That was back when I first started a couple years ago now and only had the basic game. I wish I had saved that house I had built though :(

((hugs))
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited June 2012
    CAN EA PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM OF US NOT RECEIVING OUR WEDDING GIFTS! ALL WE GET IS AN EMPTY BOX IN THE MAIL!!! AND AN OPTION TO SEND THANK YOU NOTES FOR GIFTS (((NOT))) RECEIVED....AND YES IM YELLING!!!!!! :x
  • IeatgrapesIeatgrapes Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, because it's REALLY annoying me and I don't know how to fix it :( basically, when my sim babies get immaginary friends its all fine until I switch households, and then half the time the immaginary friend has vanished, is not in the kids inventory and literally is not anywhere. Annd recently my sim toddler had been playing basically nonstop with the IF, but when he aged up the doll again vanished. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening, because I REALLY want to be able to have children with IF's.
  • BLKnUniqueBLKnUnique Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    my sim's son is stuck in sneaking mode. Even when i click jog or run he still does the sneaking and when i click on other sims to interact with them it give me two options only and that is (stop doing that and start or stop snubbing him/her)
  • obiwan5000obiwan5000 Posts: 125
    edited July 2012
    anyone know how to fix the not sging glitch

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top