Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Showtime Video

Comments

• Options
    Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member
    edited January 2012
    I wish that I could have seen more. But, I suspect that soon enough more information will be leaked to the public. From what I saw though, I'm feeling indecisive about whether or not I'm still excited about singers now. :?
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • Options
    BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited January 2012
    glitched post
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2012
    0:57 ... poor Candice didn't survive that in the final destination 5 :( ..that should of been the new death.
  • Options
    tonksandshizz102tonksandshizz102 Posts: 1,687
    edited January 2012
    Though I love this a lot, I'm still sorta going "meh" about it.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited January 2012
    KeziahT wrote:
    seadramon wrote:
    Too bad it does not show something more.

Don't mean to be a downer but I undoubtedly am, I really don't think there is much more to show.....

Lol. If anything is left to show. Honestly.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2012
    Can't wait. Thanks for posting that. First EP I've looked forward to since Ambitions.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited January 2012
    Seems some here are being awfully hard on a video that probably wasn't meant to be released. It is just alternate takes for the first trailer.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited January 2012
    I'm loving the acrobatics!
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited January 2012
    I like the video and the ep looks like fun to me. I'm glad that we'll be getting new jobs and am loving the magic acts and the acrobats. Can't wait to see what the new town will look like, I hope it's nice.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited January 2012
    Wow, this looks great. It's like a behind-the-scenes on the trailer and it looks awesome! I can't wait to get it.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2012
    Well, seems to show that the "coffee house" isn't just a rabbit hole, like some people in another thread were suggesting. Perhaps the start of more dining options -- if they're going to do Seasons, an open-air restaurant would be cool. And we get to see many of the steps for the new careers (including the fat acrobat that someone suggested :lol: ).

Since they didn't show SimPort or other social features, that proves you don't need to use it to advance in a career -- it's probably just to get unique items like sharing the Memories was.

Since the wedding singer had a guitar later on, wonder if that's the first step in the Rock Star and Singer categories, then later on you decide which path to follow, solo singer or guitarist. That would mean the current Rock Star track gets an upgrade like the Medicine career did with Ambitions.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited January 2012
    Well, seems to show that the "coffee house" isn't just a rabbit hole, like some people in another thread were suggesting. Perhaps the start of more dining options -- if they're going to do Seasons, an open-air restaurant would be cool. And we get to see many of the steps for the new careers (including the fat acrobat that someone suggested :lol: ).

Since they didn't show SimPort or other social features, that proves you don't need to use it to advance in a career -- it's probably just to get unique items like sharing the Memories was.

Since the wedding singer had a guitar later on, wonder if that's the first step in the Rock Star and Singer categories, then later on you decide which path to follow, solo singer or guitarist. That would mean the current Rock Star track gets an upgrade like the Medicine career did with Ambitions.

There's actually no proof that there is a coffee shop; people seem to be making assumptions again. It's quite easy to make a coffee shop currently, just set out some tables and a couple of espresso machines. I suppose that they *could* make an object that would attract Sims to drink coffee out of, but I've seen no proof that there's an actual barrista; just a guy cleaning a counter wearing a black and green shirt with a white stripe that makes it look like an apron.

As for the fact that they don't show Simport, that proves nothing about not needing it to advance in careers. They probably didn't show it because it's not fully developed yet. I'm sure that, once the beta testing is over, we'll be seeing a lot more about it.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited January 2012
    Um, I still am like feeling, meh.

I see what some people said about no music in the background while performing the magic and acrobatics. That is boring. Hope EA will rectify that.

I want a coffee shop venue, but if the sim can't have a band with singers performing, I can go without. What may hype me up to this coffee shop is having poetry or something cool performed there like in Sims 2. I really loved that.

Oh well, looks like I will not miss anything when I don't get this EP. Bummer.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited January 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Can't wait. Thanks for posting that. First EP I've looked forward to since Ambitions.

I agree. This looks like it's going to be fun! I was still on the fence about getting it, but now I know I have to have it!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    As for the fact that they don't show Simport, that proves nothing about not needing it to advance in careers. They probably didn't show it because it's not fully developed yet. I'm sure that, once the beta testing is over, we'll be seeing a lot more about it.

Maybe not, but I think the answer from SimGuruGraham (Graham Nardone) is fairly definitive about not needing to use SimPort:
    Are the new connected features something the fans asked for?

We’re very proud of the options that we’ve been able to provide to better connect us to you and you to your friends within The Sims community. The Sims is a franchise that is based on player choice, and we give you the tools to play as you choose. While some of you may choose to enjoy your offline experience as you always have, some of you have asked to be able to play and share with your friends.

Through these features, players have the opportunity to post their Sims’ successes, share gameplay techniques, create wish lists and send gifts, search for new friends and share memories through their in-game news feeds and beyond. Even if you choose not to play with your friends or post on in-game walls, you can still benefit from online connected features. Using these functions, we are able to notify you and provide you with new challenges and achievements that will be rolled out on a regular basis. Again, it’s there if you want it, but of course, it’s all up to you.

He could be lying or spinning like a madman I suppose, but why would he be? It makes sense, and is how I'd expect multiplayer aspects to be implemented into this type of game.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    RockChickRockChick Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited January 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=YDqy6MSxhaU
    This video is a collection of still shots and towards the end there is a pic of a singer playing a guitar but obviously that could only be solo rather than integrated with sims playing other instruments in a band. Would be great though if it were possible.
    I like the ideas, my fears are that overall there will not be much new content and opting out of simport features will mean I don't get my full money's worth out of the pack.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited January 2012
    Allspice, read Graham's post again.

Yes, we can opt out on the social options, but he makes it perfectly clear that we're going to be missing out if we don't use them.

In fact, looking at that message again, this stands out for me:

Even if you choose not to play with your friends or post on in-game walls, you can still benefit from online connected features. Using these functions, we are able to notify you and provide you with new challenges and achievements that will be rolled out on a regular basis.

This ties in directly into the Achievement system. You want to do *those* goals, clearly you *have* to have the chat/messaging features turned on, or you miss out on any opportunity to gain content from all those achievements. No loss to me, since as far as I know, the only rewards you get so far for doing the Achievements are badges.

But still, the message is clear: Oh yes, you can choose not to use any of the social stuff, but we will penalize you for not doing so because we'll be depriving you of any chance of doing any of those actions, even those that you can do on your own without help from anyone. Nice job, EA, nice job.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    TheChronicRTheChronicR Posts: 1,294 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Thanks for sharing.

Not too amazing but pretty good. I've always liked the Superstar expansion pack for TS1 and I will probably like what Showtime has to offer in this field. I have to play it to know for sure, though.
  • Options
    TiumiTiumi Posts: 545 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    But still, the message is clear: Oh yes, you can choose not to use any of the social stuff, but we will penalize you for not doing so because we'll be depriving you of any chance of doing any of those actions, even those that you can do on your own without help from anyone. Nice job, EA, nice job.

I see it this way, as well.

If you take part, you'll get a pat on the head and a "treat". Good dog!
    If you don't take part, you'll get flicked on the nose. Bad dog!

The psychology behind "opt-out" I find rather interesting, too.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Yes, we can opt out on the social options, but he makes it perfectly clear that we're going to be missing out if we don't use them.

Even if you choose not to play with your friends or post on in-game walls, you can still benefit from online connected features. Using these functions, we are able to notify you and provide you with new challenges and achievements that will be rolled out on a regular basis.

This ties in directly into the Achievement system. You want to do *those* goals, clearly you *have* to have the chat/messaging features turned on, or you miss out on any opportunity to gain content from all those achievements. No loss to me, since as far as I know, the only rewards you get so far for doing the Achievements are badges.

I think you're reading more into it then there is. But we'll see. Only a couple months to go...
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    TheMiktigerTheMiktiger Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited January 2012
    turistas9 wrote:
    0:57 ... poor Candice didn't survive that in the final destination 5 :( ..that should of been the new death.

ALL THE AWARDS TO THAT POST.
    tumblr_ndvjzeK7pL1qcbk34o7_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    YumedustYumedust Posts: 572 Member
    edited January 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:

I think you're reading more into it then there is. But we'll see. Only a couple months to go...

I'm sorry, I have to agree with Jarsie on this one, Allspice. I think the message is pretty clear, too. Opt-out, miss out... and that's pretty cruddy, to be honest. I would say more, but Jarsie pretty much summed it up for me.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    ^ Now that I think about it more it seems to me like they are going to set up something similar to what Valve does with Steam. If that is the case, than you will probably need Origin to play the game and the achievements will be automatic no matter if you choose to use the social features or not.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    Queenie08Queenie08 Posts: 7,588 Member
    edited January 2012
    Thanks for posting that video. :mrgreen:

I for one, am really looking forward to this EP. In fact, I've requested it as my Birthday gift since my Birthday is in March. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited January 2012
    Just like I guessed, they have the same voice actors for the singing. Thats why the singing sucks.