Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

making custom content?

will we be able to make custom content, and hair for the sims 3 like the sims 2, or will we have to just settle for the ones on the site?

Comments

• Options
    CaptainXCaptainX Posts: 68 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'd like to know this as well. Obviously we can recolor the current objects to whatever we want, but does the game have the ability to import new objects made by the community?

Or was this feature removed because of the Sims 3 Store? (I sincerely hope not...)
  • Options
    MissFergyMissFergy Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am understanding that some of the larger sim sites are working on tools in order to create new meshes for the sims 3 . Honestly if this feature were to have been removed so that we would be forced to purchase all content from Maxi's I would not be buying anymore installments of the sims. The ability to constantly and for free customize your game with a never ending supply of content is what has always made this game allruing for me and for most of the Simming community.
  • Options
    cosmopolisimcosmopolisim Posts: 48 Member
    edited June 2009
    I totally agree! I will not be playing or buying anymore Sim games if that is the case. For me the fun of it is to make my own custom content just the way I want it! If they take that ability away it will no longer be any fun at all! I can t aford to spend that kind of money that they are asking in the Store here. Wow its a total rip off!
    What about the patterns? how do you make them or can you?

Cosmopolisim
  • Options
    Simcrazy52Simcrazy52 Posts: 144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The Sims Resource is making a custom content tool for us to use. I dont know if EA will make an official one, but TSR is all we have for now. They said it would be ready today. I havent checked though.

Heres the site:

www.thesimsresource.com