Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Brookwood Shores - Over 2000 downloads! Thanks everyone!

14567810...Next

Comments

• N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited August 2011
    School will be starting soon im going to keep trying to bump this up :P

I also im working on another version of the world :P
    Its going to be more of a party city :P It will not be coming out anytime soon :P
    edited August 2011
    But if you have question
    Go ahead and post! I will be happy to answer! :P
  • Coopertroop4Coopertroop4 Posts: 12
    edited August 2011
    Don't really want to sound stupid, but what is a Saved Version???
    edited August 2011
    Don't really want to sound stupid, but what is a Saved Version???

It has premade families :P
    edited August 2011
    Hello Everyone

I just got a email from Media Fire Saying saved version was removed. Im looking into it. :P
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member
    edited August 2011
    N3mb3r,

I just downloaded your map in order to try it out. I would have downloaded the saved game file, but for some reason its not there. Media fire says it was removed. However, I'll try out your map when I'm done playing with my own for awhile.
  • SummerSong86SummerSong86 Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited August 2011
    He got censured and censored by MediaFire for some sort of copyright infringement. The nearest I can figure out is something got embedded in the file that tripped one of their watchdog programs that filters for copy protected content. I doubt it was any intentional act on the part of N3mb3r since he posted a query about it and is as mystified as anybody would be under the circumstances.
    edited August 2011
    He got censured and censored by MediaFire for some sort of copyright infringement. The nearest I can figure out is something got embedded in the file that tripped one of their watchdog programs that filters for copy protected content. I doubt it was any intentional act on the part of N3mb3r since he posted a query about it and is as mystified as anybody would be under the circumstances.

I just copyed the saved file from my game :P It looks like Mediafire is cracking down on stuff like this its a shame
    edited August 2011
    N3mb3r wrote:

I just copyed the saved file from my game :P It looks like Mediafire is cracking down on stuff like this its a shame

N3mb3r,

I've had saved game files up on media fire for years now, and they haven't taken them down. Its not like either of us are breaking any laws. You still need Sims 3 at a bare minimum in order to play any of them.
    edited August 2011
    N3mb3r,

By the way, I tried your map without the saved game file. It looks pretty good, except for that downtown area where many of the lots are empty. You did an excellent job with the terrain paint. Some of the houses looked really good, at least from the outside. I didn't check out any of the residential lots yet.

However, I decided to check out some of the venues before I moved my sims in. I hope you don't mind me being a bit negative, but I think this need to be said.

Your fire station looks okay, but you should have designated the lot as a "fire station" instead of "no visitors allowed," and least added a couple of the those special fire alarms for the fire station, so that it would function properly, and sims would be able to work there.

Also, your consignment store had a "no visitors allowed" designation, instead of a "consignment store" designation.

You also should have given all your venues names, some of them just had a street address.

I don't have Barnacle Bay, but I thought I would be able to just edit the town and replace that Under the Sea diner with the one from the base game. As it turns out, even when I deleted the lot it was on entirely, and tried to place another rabbit hole on it, it wouldn't let me. It told me the the location was out of bounds, even through the lot was clearly big enough for the rabbit hole. I also had the same issue with another lot that appeared to be empty, when I tried to place3 a rabbit hole on it.

• will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited August 2011
    Damienf519 wrote:
    N3mb3r,

By the way, I tried your map without the saved game file. It looks pretty good, except for that downtown area where many of the lots are empty. You did an excellent job with the terrain paint. Some of the houses looked really good, at least from the outside. I didn't check out any of the residential lots yet.

However, I decided to check out some of the venues before I moved my sims in. I hope you don't mind me being a bit negative, but I think this need to be said.

Your fire station looks okay, but you should have designated the lot as a "fire station" instead of "no visitors allowed," and least added a couple of the those special fire alarms for the fire station, so that it would function properly, and sims would be able to work there.

Also, your consignment store had a "no visitors allowed" designation, instead of a "consignment store" designation.

You also should have given all your venues names, some of them just had a street address.

I don't have Barnacle Bay, but I thought I would be able to just edit the town and replace that Under the Sea diner with the one from the base game. As it turns out, even when I deleted the lot it was on entirely, and tried to place another rabbit hole on it, it wouldn't let me. It told me the the location was out of bounds, even through the lot was clearly big enough for the rabbit hole. I also had the same issue with another lot that appeared to be empty, when I tried to place3 a rabbit hole on it.

First off with the terrain painting, the world was made by rflong not n3mb3r. (not trying to be rude) and second the rabbit hole problem happens on a lot of lots not just custom worlds not his fault. You can use moveobjects on for that.
    edited August 2011
    Damienf519 wrote:
    N3mb3r,

Hello Thanks for the feedback! I thought i put bells in the firestation but i guess they didnt make it :P The Firestation really didnt come out to well :P It was my first attempted at doing the store and all that stuff. I will make sure to change those things in the fixed saved version im working on. As for the BB stuff. I removed the Lot in the saved version but that is gone >.< In fact they removed my whole account. Rabbit holes where also doing that to me when building i just used Moveobjects on.

*Also a Side note for everyone else* I did see the bridge thing. It turns out when you drive under it the car will for a second pop up on to the bridge. It causes no problems just im aware of it ;)*
    edited August 2011
    Damienf519 wrote:
    N3mb3r wrote:

N3mb3r,

I've had saved game files up on media fire for years now, and they haven't taken them down. Its not like either of us are breaking any laws. You still need Sims 3 at a bare minimum in order to play any of them.

yeah its weird i talked with them and they said they would not give me my account back >.< I only had that file stored so....im really not sure. It sucks it only happened to me :P
    edited August 2011
    As for the names. I will try and find some time doing it :P School has just started so its a bit crazy. I will try and add some names to lots. I still have the saved version. Its just im 7 weeks into the game :P
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2011
    Hi,

I don't understand why the lots do that. I checked and there is nothing under the lots- such as Non Sim Routing paint.
    While you can't put an object there (without the moo code) you can still place lots and build. :(/:)
    edited August 2011
    N3mb3r wrote:
    Damienf519 wrote:
    N3mb3r,

Hello Thanks for the feedback! I thought i put bells in the firestation but i guess they didnt make it :P The Firestation really didnt come out to well :P It was my first attempted at doing the store and all that stuff. I will make sure to change those things in the fixed saved version im working on. As for the BB stuff. I removed the Lot in the saved version but that is gone >.< In fact they removed my whole account. Rabbit holes where also doing that to me when building i just used Moveobjects on.

*Also a Side note for everyone else* I did see the bridge thing. It turns out when you drive under it the car will for a second pop up on to the bridge. It causes no problems just im aware of it ;)*

N3mb3r,

I'm glad you're not too upset about it. By the way, if it makes you feel any better I have come across other world buildings who have given some of their lots the wrong designation as well. I even came across another map, by another Sims 3 player who gave their fire station a no visitors allowed tag by mistake, making it unusable. They also put the wrong type of fire alarms in their fire station.
    edited August 2011
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi,

I don't understand why the lots do that. I checked and there is nothing under the lots- such as Non Sim Routing paint.
    While you can't put an object there (without the moo code) you can still place lots and build. :(/:)

I tryed Flattening the terrain nothing changed :P I guess it may be another EA problem. But Moveobjects on still works ;)
    edited August 2011
    Damienf519 wrote:
    N3mb3r wrote:
    Damienf519 wrote:
    N3mb3r,

N3mb3r,

I'm glad you're not too upset about it. By the way, if it makes you feel any better I have come across other world buildings who have given some of their lots the wrong designation as well. I even came across another map, by another Sims 3 player who gave their fire station a no visitors allowed tag by mistake, making it unusable. They also put the wrong type of fire alarms in their fire station.

Im always happy people report stuff like that :P Also where you the one that worked on LA?
    edited September 2011
    Hello everyone

Im sorry to say. Im not going to be able to make the changes i would have like to on the saved version. Life is just to crazy. I will be releasing a saved version of the game. But no changes to any lots. Names will not be fixed.

But good news is that NPC and some townies have fully spawned so more sims to bur.....I mean play ;) It will be hope I hope by tomorrow :)
    edited January 2012
    Hello Everyone Its been along time since i have been around :)
    School has kept me from playing much sims. I just picked up my copy of the sims 3 pets and im going to play around with it a bit and see what i can do with brookwood shores.

Also also by mistake deleted the saved game xD I didnt have it back up anywhere :( it was a dumb move. But maybe next summer i will work on another sim project with rflong :)

PS: Thanks everyone over 2550 downloads! (2559)

I want to thank Rflong again for making this project happen!