Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer of Love Patterns - **Vintage Concert Posters added**

2...Next

Comments

• anniepksanniepks Posts: 561 Member
    edited July 2009
    Kitkat7145 wrote:

Annie - Whew! I was really bummed that I can't download that program (the download page says my download will start momentarily, but it hasn't started all day :evil: ). Glad this will work out for you. My dad is having surgery tommorrow, so I won't have time to work on it during the day. If all goes as expected with him, I'll be home tomorrow night and may have a chance then. If not tomorrow then Friday for sure.
    I wish your father the best. Since it isn't due until Tuesday don't worry about a rush, just give yourself a break anytime over the weekend is fine. And your dad is the priority. I have plenty of ideas and can live without, but I really want it. I wish I could do these things for myself, but I guess we each have different talents and it's nice to find friends. Remember that I believe your dad comes first, so if you don't get to it, don't sweat it. If it's later then I'll add where I was thinking about and do a pic upload of where it should have gone in the first place. Please let me know how your dad turns out.

Annie
  • Zin779Zin779 Posts: 988 New Member
    edited July 2009
    :) Hi Kit Hun..

Beautiful Patterns you have there
    very pretty great job..

Love Zinda :) And recoms for you and download too I love em Thanks
  • BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited July 2009
    My lot is up now Kit full credit to you I couldnt have done it without your gorgeous patterns! mucho hugs!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=706466

insidefront-1.png?t=1248374127"height=300,width=600"fronfacade-2.png"height=300,width=600"
  • Kitkat7145Kitkat7145 Posts: 1,018 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Zin 779 - Thanks so much :) Very happy you like them!

Bennjoon - So glad these could help in your build! I can see a little bit in the pic you posted, but can't wait to download and see how they look in the game.

Anniepks - Thanks for the well wishes! Dad was scheduled for 1:00 and was discharged by 4:30. Still waiting for results, but he came through the procedure just fine. Worked on Uncle Sam a bit after dinner. Don't know if I fully understood what you were saying in your last post, but I added stars to the outside border. Here's a pic showing the various color options with this one:

ry%3D400

Basically, you can color the stars, the solid border around the stars, and the striped border around Uncle Sam. You can color Uncle Sam and his background, too, but I think he looks better grayscale. Available for download at http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=715596. Let me know if you need anything tweaked!
    edited July 2009
    KitKat, They are perfect! Better than I could have imagined. I was just thinking solid borders, but I love the stars! Thank you so much. I'm glad that your dad is hom and you are doing well. Thank you again. And I will post a story of course to the BNS Weekly Challenge Thread. I will also give you credit in the build and the story.

Thanks,

Annie
    edited July 2009
    KitKat, I love the pattern you made for me. I also downloaded several other of your patters and they work just fine, but the Uncle Sam Poster is showing up as plain blue and crashes my computer. Can you help? I'd hate to have all your great work on this go to waste for me.

Thanks,

Annie
    edited July 2009
    Yikes! Sorry about the crashing :( Did you download any other patterns on a cube? (Want to make sure that's not the problem before I upload more to the exchange that way) Made a new dds file and new sims3pack from that in case the old file was corrupted. Hopefully that will solve the problem...

new cube - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=723100

on lot - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=723099

Let me know if either of those works for you.
    edited July 2009
    Hi KitKat,

Yes I downloaded Pattern Swirls and Vintage Shapes and they show up in the que like they look online. It's just that Uncle Sam looked like a blue square and I couldn't use it.

I will try the new cube in just a minute and let you know, and I'll download the wall just in case.

Annie

Edit: I'll post a Pic of how I'm going to use it on this thread momentarily. I have faith.
    edited July 2009
    KitKat,

It finally worked. I had to use the wall to copy the pattern. I think it's because the image is different from the ones where the pattern is the same all the way accross. Anyway, I really appreciate all your help. Here is only one way I plan to use it. It is in the waiting room where the families say goodbye to the recruits as they are going in for their physicals. I got to use a few 60's decorations in this room since it was donated furniture, but I thought the entrance letting them know where they can't pass through and the men become soldiers.

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/867/029/001/00/screenshot_original.jpg"width=600" "height=450"[/img]

Thanks a million and I will definately say I couldn't have made this build so great without you!

Annie

edited July 2009
    Yay! It looks awesome :) Love the red stripes at the bottom, very nice touch.
    Thanks a million and I will definately say I couldn't have made this build so great without you!

• DaeneliaDaenelia Posts: 757 Member
    edited July 2009
    I know I already said they look nice, I just wanted to say it again :)
    Dae's Sims 4 Houses -see what I've been building.
    edited July 2009
    I'm working on Jimi Hendrix's house, and I decided to add some vintage concert posters (thanks anniepks for the giving me the idea from the Uncle Sam poster :) )

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It didn't come out great in the pictures, but they look nice in game. The blue and green one in the top picture is from Woodstock. The green and white one in the top picture is from the Human Be-in in Golden Gate park, thought to be a major laucher of the Summer of Love phenomenon. You can get them by downloading the first phase of the Hendrix house from http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=756421. Enjoy :)
  • BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited July 2009
    wow awesome :D
  • addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Oh wow, Kitkat!!!
    SO cool!
    Addict
    edited July 2009
    *hits download button*

:) You make me wish i had more time because it inspires me to make more patterns!! You are on a roll! They look great.
  • TwitchesTwitches Posts: 221 New Member
    edited July 2009
    wish i had seen this earlier, great job on them.
    they look like the glued up flyers..
  • KhariiKharii Posts: 66 Member
    edited July 2009
    Oh man >< Those would have been perfect in my coffee house! I wish I'd waited until tommorrow like I'd planned. Ah well. They're excellent! ^^
    edited July 2009
    Thanks guys! I had fun finding and making them. Wish I had thought of it sooner so more people could have used them, but it only occured to me last night when I was working on Hendrix's house.
    Twitches wrote -
    they look like the glued up flyers..

Yeah, I was thinking that, too! Plan to use them in Jimi's "recording studio" in the house.
    Daenelia wrote - You make me wish i had more time because it inspires me to make more patterns!! You are on a roll! They look great.

I am blessed with an overabundance of time right now being on summer vacation...that's all to end soon, though. School starts here in about 3 weeks. On top of teaching, I'm going back to school; so my sim days are sadly numbered :cry:
    edited July 2009
    Aha! I have one week off in 3 weeks :) ... Though I doubt I can play catch up then :(

It's funny how vacation never ends up being about doing what you want to do...