Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets EP is a DISGRACE!!!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    TigerCzarinaTigerCzarina Posts: 32 New Member
    edited December 2011
    munchiepoo wrote:
    EA are clearly trying, stop assuming, ungrateful simmers like you are really annoying.

Not to stir up trouble...but I totally agree with you. I've been simming for years, since the beginning of the first series, so yeah, I'm one of those people who have spent "hundreds" on these games.

You people need to learn that computers have problems, be they new top of the line computers or older computers. It's all in how you have the computer AND the game set up. The only reason you people are assuming that there are a majority of people who have problems, is because y'all hog up these forums. The rest of us, who are problem free, don't want to be around you and have since left the forums. It's not the friendly environment that it should be anymore.

There will inevitably be glitches, there will inevitably be crashes with heavy games like this. Have you ever thought about how difficult it is to make games that look so good, and have as much content as these games do? The people at EA DO care, if not, they never would release patches in the first place, they wouldn't have a forum for people who have nothing better to do than to complain about their problems waiting for OTHER people to fix them for them, and they wouldn't work so hard to appease you all by releasing neat expansion packs that they hope you will enjoy. If they didn't care, they could easily walk away from the franchise, or just keep creating base games.

So, like munchiepoo said, you guys seriously need a good reality check, because y'all are getting danged annoying with the constant griping and complaining.
  • Options
    Srich83Srich83 Posts: 468 Member
    edited December 2011
    @kararenea The black faced animals can be fixed by turning on advanced rendering. Installing pets turns your game back to factory settings, so if it was on before, its off now.

@Philbird Im really sorry your game isn't working. I had so much of the same frustration when pets came out. EA definitely sucks for ignoring us. I had the freezing issue, the patch did fix that, but now my level 10 racing skill horses have really glitchy gallop. The skill gain problem can be fixed by using the "Make needs static" cheat on the mailbox.

It sucks that we have to use cheats and to rely on other players to find these solutions. EA put a lot of money and effort into this EP and the least they could do is acknowledge us and the problems we are having and actually trying to find some solutions.

I am also not buying anymore sims games because of this fiasco.
  • Options
    PhilbirdPhilbird Posts: 182
    edited December 2011
    Your video card is the problem: Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics

That is NOT adequate to run the Sims with. You have to have a decidated Graphics Card with dedicated memory. The problem is not the Sims, the problem is your Graphics Card.
    Cough, nothing I can do about the card, it's an all in one computer. I did have issues with black horses and walking backward horses. My husband has some issues as well and it's a completely different desktop with the proper graphics card. A few other things as well. I'm not a regular gamer so I guess I lose. :P Thanks all.
  • Options
    lilrosebud211lilrosebud211 Posts: 47
    edited December 2011
    PETS IS HORRIBLE, my game is unplayable, I brought it back... but that isn't stopping me from filing my complaints...

I've had an Apple rep CONFIRM that it was the game's programing and not my computer.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited December 2011
    Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i3)
    Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
    Driver Date/Size: 2/11/2011 19:16:38, 6549504 bytes

I wasn't able to comment on my phone and I see some others did. You have an Intel chipset which isn't meant for gaming and (Core i3) which is the low end of the series. The game requires a 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 and your graphics haven't been updated since February.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just read a couple posts that reminded me of something I forgot to mention. Unless it's an Alienware, you should NEVER rely on 'mega-awesome, perfect' gameplay from a LAPTOP! Laptop's are the biggest pieces of unholy-🐸🐸🐸🐸 from the depths of the underworld when it comes to computer games!! (unless it's an Alienware like I said; which are DESIGNED and optimised for computer gaming.) All other laptops' are designed for home-office use, NOT computer gaming. That's why they are created with a "b.i.t. chip" for a graphics card which in most cases CANNOT be upgraded or exchanged for a regular instead of the normal video cards. (NVIDEA,etc.) If you own a laptop that ISIN'T an Alienware and you're trying to play The Sims 3 with optimal visual performance you are going to be sadly dissapointed in the Visual Effects, Graphics, and, overall gameplay. Not to mention the thousands of in-game issues you'll more than likely encounter. Sorry for the rant but, it's true most of the time and people need to be aware of what they have rather than what they are expecting. If you want the best go buy a Desktop to play TS3 on....sorry.
    This is for BowserBoy10 and Faith12368 as well.

This is not necessarily a true statement. You CAN play sims on a laptop and it doesn't have to be Alienware. I wouldn't buy one pre-built on sale at your local WalMart or Best Buy thinking it's going to get through this series. However, if you special order it to your specs you should be okay. I have an HP that I had build special for "TS3" in 2008. It is a gaming laptop with all the bells and whistles (including a remote control) and cost me $3500. It weights about 20 lbs and works just like a desktop. Everything is set on high and still plays like it's brand new. But that's not without weekly maintenance from me ever since I got it. So you can play Sims 3 on a laptop! Just needs to be the right kind. :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • Options
    SnowCat622SnowCat622 Posts: 58
    edited December 2011
    PETS IS HORRIBLE, my game is unplayable, I brought it back... but that isn't stopping me from filing my complaints...

I've had an Apple rep CONFIRM that it was the game's programing and not my computer.
    You do know Mac isn't well known for gaming right? It may possible be your computer.

Also I see people on here. I'm running a Sony VAIO and its running fine on my laptop. I honestly sucked it up and lowered my graphics. Low graphics or not, I want to play Sims. Some of you should try lowering your graphics and see if it helps anything.
  • Options
    thesims3addictzthesims3addictz Posts: 335
    edited December 2011
    This expansion pack is despicable!!

I wish i wouldn't have wasted $40 on this piece of garbage expansion pack that IS supported by my graphics card.EA failing to update their system requirements on the back of the box=NOT OUR PROBLEM!!

False advertising EA=Bunch of con artists
  • Options
    thesims3addictzthesims3addictz Posts: 335
    edited December 2011
    EA sucks for ignoring the deformed pets issue!

FIX IT EA and take your "blame the customer's computer" and shove it!
  • Options
    GraphixGirlGraphixGirl Posts: 6
    edited December 2011
    My Pets is sadly crashing about 5-10 minutes into game play if i do not do anything crazy like try to move or go into Map mode. I can save and go into buy mode, but i still end up freezing after just a few minutes.

I am able to force quit Sims3 by pushing command + option + esc, and I do not have to force down my Mac to exit the crash. I see a lot of people end up doing a hard shut down to get out, so maybe try that first.

I did find the patch that is on some other site that is listed in the threads, I ran it and the only difference is I get 5 minutes of play now versus about 30 seconds before.

I really wish there was a patch, I just got mine for Christmas but it seems that these problems go back to early November for a lot of people, that is quite a bit of time for EA to develop a patch for this game.

I hate to do it, but i am going to try to uninstall just the Pets and go back to Town Life until EA gives us something.

Oh and PS - please do not begin to tell me that there is something wrong with my computer. This happens every time we get a new release (or something to this effect) and it irritates the crap out of me when people try to go all savvy BS when we know what the problem is. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @thesims3addictz,

I really wish you'd stop spamming other simmers threads and blaming EA for your inability to comprehend! :roll:

• Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited December 2011
    blunote00 wrote:
    @thesims3addictz,

I really wish you'd stop spamming other simmers threads and blaming EA for your inability to comprehend! :roll:

in used to think he was a troll but i think he is dim witted and as thick as 2 short planks :mrgreen:
  • Options
    bootsycannibalbootsycannibal Posts: 230 Member
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had problems with Pets, but there really have been A LOT of posts about it not working for people. Those of you whose game is working great with pets and the new patch, that's super, I'm glad for you and I'm grateful my game is working! But I've been a simmer since the beginning, I even played the game from the 80's when I was a child (Little Computer People) that the sims was based-ish on, and I feel like we deserve a little better as customers than just trying to post on the forum for a solution from peers with no answer from EA.

You jerks calling people names or 'ungrateful simmers' is just uncalled for.
  • Options
    bootsycannibalbootsycannibal Posts: 230 Member
    edited December 2011
    blunote00 wrote:
    I just read a couple posts that reminded me of something I forgot to mention. Unless it's an Alienware, you should NEVER rely on 'mega-awesome, perfect' gameplay from a LAPTOP! Laptop's are the biggest pieces of unholy-🐸🐸🐸🐸 from the depths of the underworld when it comes to computer games!! (unless it's an Alienware like I said; which are DESIGNED and optimised for computer gaming.) All other laptops' are designed for home-office use, NOT computer gaming. That's why they are created with a "b.i.t. chip" for a graphics card which in most cases CANNOT be upgraded or exchanged for a regular instead of the normal video cards. (NVIDEA,etc.) If you own a laptop that ISIN'T an Alienware and you're trying to play The Sims 3 with optimal visual performance you are going to be sadly dissapointed in the Visual Effects, Graphics, and, overall gameplay. Not to mention the thousands of in-game issues you'll more than likely encounter. Sorry for the rant but, it's true most of the time and people need to be aware of what they have rather than what they are expecting. If you want the best go buy a Desktop to play TS3 on....sorry.
    This is for BowserBoy10 and Faith12368 as well.

This is not necessarily a true statement. You CAN play sims on a laptop and it doesn't have to be Alienware. I wouldn't buy one pre-built on sale at your local WalMart or Best Buy thinking it's going to get through this series. However, if you special order it to your specs you should be okay. I have an HP that I had build special for "TS3" in 2008. It is a gaming laptop with all the bells and whistles (including a remote control) and cost me $3500. It weights about 20 lbs and works just like a desktop. Everything is set on high and still plays like it's brand new. But that's not without weekly maintenance from me ever since I got it. So you can play Sims 3 on a laptop! Just needs to be the right kind. :wink:

I have a Gateway gaming laptop and it runs great!! Laptops are not the problem :P I'm so sick of people saying you absolutely shouldn't play The Sims on a laptop 'cause I do it all the time, and I feel like I've had fewer complaints than a lot of people with desktops.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited December 2011
    munchiepoo, stop being rude. If you don't like the OP then move on or state your opinion in a way that doesn't insult other people. What are you 5? I have read your threads asking ridiculous questions...how would you like it if people started calling you names and posting mean things on your thread? Why are so many people so rude? Seriously? This is like the 4th thread that I have had to say something like this on. You called the original poster annoying, but you know what? The way you are acting is annoying. The fact that you were able to get a complete stranger (me) to literally write a post saying how rude you are says a lot. I don't even know why I bother though because I have said this several times and I still come across rude people like you. I guess I just have a heart and manners and feel like I have to defend a complete stranger because your actions are completely senseless and disgusting.

*I shouldn't have said anything because I noticed this particular kid/person posts once and says something rude and then watches people react (I assume) because he/she never posts again on that specific thread. He/she does this c.rap on a lot of threads.*
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited December 2011
    Your video card is the problem: Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics

That is NOT adequate to run the Sims with. You have to have a decidated Graphics Card with dedicated memory. The problem is not the Sims, the problem is your Graphics Card.
    Unfortunately CheriD87120, is right :cry: it is an integrated card and they are not great for running games on, sorry :cry: , I know it sucks.