Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All I wanted for Christmas was PETS and now I have to return it :(

Because EA won't man-up and admit that there is something wrong with the game (particularly however they created the horses) and patch it!!! I've spoken to 10 technicians at EA and they have no idea, they keep trying to convince me its my computer, but it isn't... I took my computer to apple, being that its a mac, and they said it exceeds the minimum requirements... so, I want to know, WHEN IS THIS PATCH COMING OUT???

Comments

• EGYPT87771EGYPT87771 Posts: 224 Member
    edited December 2011
    Because EA won't man-up and admit that there is something wrong with the game (particularly however they created the horses) and patch it!!! I've spoken to 10 technicians at EA and they have no idea, they keep trying to convince me its my computer, but it isn't... I took my computer to apple, being that its a mac, and they said it exceeds the minimum requirements... so, I want to know, WHEN IS THIS PATCH COMING OUT???

What exactly is wrong with your game? I've heard a lot of problems with the PETS EP, but it IS a new EP, so it would take a bit to come out with a patch right? I would've just kept it and waited for the patch.
  • cutiepie110cutiepie110 Posts: 5
    edited December 2011
    EGYPT87771 wrote:

What exactly is wrong with your game? I've heard a lot of problems with the PETS EP, but it IS a new EP, so it would take a bit to come out with a patch right? I would've just kept it and waited for the patch.

I would like to know as well. I have an iMac and my Sims and Sims Pets games work excellent! I haven't had any problems besides it freezing once or twice. :)
  • AsamiyaDeneyataAsamiyaDeneyata Posts: 48 Member
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the same problems, and now it's affected my Sims Medieval as well.

I am SO disappointed. Sims 1, I never had a problem with. Sims 2, I don't recall ever having a problem with either. Sims 3 has been NOTHING but problems, and all I ever hear is "It's your computer". That is extremely insulting to the consumers, and the loyal fans who have bought almost every game since Sims 1. The least we deserve is some respect and honesty.
  • lilrosebud211lilrosebud211 Posts: 47
    edited December 2011
    I have an imac and macbook pro, on both, whenever a horse rolls around the whole thing freezes and crashes my computer, I went to apple they said it's the game and I need a patch, being that I'm updated with snow leopard. I called customer service dozens of times, they tell me the same thing: it's my computer, shut it down or update it, they're clueless. I don't see a point keeping this spastic game, having it sit and collect dust until a patch is made will torture me, besides people have been wanting this patch since october, it probably isn't going to come out soon..
    for anyone with a mac... what app do you have? lion, leopard, snow leopard? And whats the memory on? If you don't mind me asking..
  • medivialprincessmedivialprincess Posts: 774 Member
    edited January 2012
    im on a mac all is up to date expect my itunes which i doudt would effect sims 3. horses where the start of my crashing, then going to world view, then edit town, now as soon as game opens freezes. im not sure what my system is but ive had it since i was in seventh grade in the spring my laptop and im in tenth grade now. really hate spending 40 bucks of christmas money on a game that i can't play when im only just starting to like games. ea fix it or my boyfriend is gonna cry from a year of trying to get me to like games
    tumblr_m4hniaS8fX1r3l7cvo1_500.gif