Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updating to Snow Leopard worked for Me.

I've been just as annoyed and aggravated with the sims pets not working and not getting a patch. I've also been reading up on what other people were trying to do and I finally decided I was sick of waiting for that patch which they refuse to talk to us about, and seem to be completely ignoring the need for. It sucks and its unfair. BUT as I said, I got sick of waiting and I just wanted to play the Sims freeze/glitch free again. I almost didn't care anymore about the horses but even trying to play with just dogs and cats was a PAIN and was a lot more stressful than fun since it froze so much and was SO So slow. SOooo I leaped and I ordered Snow Leopard. I just got it today and all I did really was download it (which took like 2 hours in all) but Guess What. My game is now running So swiftly, I have the horses, I can play with other horses in the game, No crashing, No freezing (maybe a little glitchy, but a LITTLE). I am so releived, you cannot imagine. It's also not slow anymore. You should've seen the smile on my face. So.. in the end... it was worth it to just get over it and realize I have to do what I have to do to play the Sims game, and I was not deleting Pets.

So.... I recommend it. I went from the regular, MacOSX 5.8 version to Snow leopard 6.8 and its running just perfect. Let's get over the fact that EA is not planning on helping us out. They have enough customers that don't have the old Mac versions or have PCs that I guess they aren't worried about a few of us that need to update for $30. Plus I bet Apple was in on this so we would buy the update. Whatever, they won and now I can play.

<3

Comments

• trinni525trinni525 Posts: 34
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I understand it didn't work for everyone. But I took the risk and now I can play just as freely and happily as I used, plus the horses, dogs, cats, oh my.

I was cynical and I'm a college student and so I'm very broke and on a tight budget all the time, I can barely eat sometimes. But you know, even I could afford it just this once, and it worked.

Have faith :)
  • bri_charonbri_charon Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    you the one for like 30 bucks right?
    edited December 2011
    Yeah. Snow Leopard for $29.99
  • copperleavescopperleaves Posts: 8
    edited December 2011
    trinni525 wrote:
    Plus I bet Apple was in on this so we would buy the update.

I heard it was the CIA.

:roll:
  • TeganMcSimmenTeganMcSimmen Posts: 577
    edited December 2011
    Did you only have the freezing problem or the glitchy/choppy sims and pets as well? If so you've just made my day because that means all my problems are solvable :mrgreen:
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited December 2011
    I installed Snow Leopard and for a while it seemed to work, except my pets have seam lines and no fluff. I only saw that a few days into the game, at first I was just too excited to even be able to play to notice the pets' fur problems and the slightly choppy gameplay.

After a week of playing a town, I started having 'Exception Raised' errors every twenty minutes or so. So upgrading to Snow Leopard solved some of the issues, but not all. At least for me.

edited December 2011
    I don't/didn't have the problem with exception raises except for at one point I thought it would be a grand idea to go into the downloads folder and just delete all the downloads - DONT do that - it messed up the game when you start it because if you have objects on any of your lots, including your town that were from the downloads folder, it gets confused and exits. So untrashed the downloads and then uninstalled from the launcher all my CC. Once again I had the "excpetion raised" thing. I realized that it was because I had used a lot of my CC that I just uninstalled in my game, and perosnally I didn't have anything too worthwhile saved so I just started a new town (new game) and since in the "new game" I hadn't put any CC's in yet my game has been working really nicely.

Plus as I had written I had upgraded to Snow leopard.

And yes I had freezing and glitches where horses/deer made my game crash. My sims were always in normal shape but would just freeze for like ever before coming back to life. But now I upgraded to the Snow leopard - so I have version 10.6.8, I deleted my CC's, I raise my laptop slightly off the table with a book so it can ventilate properly and now I am running as smooth as butter, horses and all!
  • jokerssugarjokerssugar Posts: 3 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Okay, so I wish I could just get the Snow Leopard update and move on, but two things get in the way:

One, I am 14 years old. It's hard for me to get a job yet with child labor laws and whatnot, so thirty dollars is hard to come by for me, and furthermore not worth spending on letting me play with Horses in The Sims 3.

Two, even if I had thirty dollars to throw away on this, I could never do it, knowing that the people working for this game are getting payed for sitting on their ***** and not doing their jobs. We can't praise them for not helping us out and just making a patch, see? It would just bother me too much.

Therefore, I think anyone with this problem needs to express their concern. A lot. If we bother them enough, then maybe they'll eventually come up with a patch for us.
    edited December 2011
    Okay, so I wish I could just get the Snow Leopard update and move on, but two things get in the way:

One, I am 14 years old. It's hard for me to get a job yet with child labor laws and whatnot, so thirty dollars is hard to come by for me, and furthermore not worth spending on letting me play with Horses in The Sims 3.

Two, even if I had thirty dollars to throw away on this, I could never do it, knowing that the people working for this game are getting payed for sitting on their ***** and not doing their jobs. We can't praise them for not helping us out and just making a patch, see? It would just bother me too much.

Therefore, I think anyone with this problem needs to express their concern. A lot. If we bother them enough, then maybe they'll eventually come up with a patch for us.

Oh, well I'm also a student I just got some help with the money. I'm sorry to hear that. I was just sharing what I was able to do so that if anyone else is also able to do what I did at least it could work. It does suck tremendously though and it's stupid that we have to spend even MORE money for an expansion they created.

:(
  • CulpaKiwiCulpaKiwi Posts: 8
    edited December 2011
    I have 10.6.6 and it doesn't work very well.. :|
    Gonna try a software update.
  • CandiceKrissyCandiceKrissy Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    trinni525,

I'm glad to hear this! It gives me hope! I got Pets for Christmas, and have been sooo excited to play it for months because of the addition of horses. So I was pretty mad when I realized that even seeing a horse in game froze it. I just ordered Snow Leopard today, it sucks that I have to wait another week to play but, fingers crossed, it works for me like it did for you!
  • lilrosebud211lilrosebud211 Posts: 47
    edited December 2011
    finally! some success story! I must try this! thank you...
    my friend sent this site to me, looks as if not as many people are having success with the glitches.. http://makeapatch4petsea.webs.com/index.htm
  • seceretlyinloveseceretlyinlove Posts: 189 New Member
    edited December 2011
    after you got snow leapard did you also download the latest patch for the game? because I just installed pets on my mac and i didn't download the latest patch because I heard it made things work, but I'm wondering if i should download the patch first to see if it works and then download snow leopard as a last result?

Did the patch help on the mac systems?