Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those with the horse crashing issue...

For those with the horse crashing issue, may I ask what graphics card you use/general stats on your computer? I ask because today, about a week after installing the game, I tried to play with a household with a horse. The game crashed within literally one minute. I'm pretty sure it's the infamous "horse crash" issue.

I'm honestly at the point where I'm just about to give up permanently on Pets and the Sims franchise in general. Despite supposedly being supported, the game wouldn't run more than a minute on my old laptop without crashing. Now on this different laptop, all seemed fine and now, boom, the horses. Both of these computers well meet and exceed the listed requirements, so I'm not really sure what else to do. I'm tired of buying defective products that should work but don't on several different computers with different configurations. :(

Comments

• LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited December 2011
    What are the specs of the computers you are trying to run the game on?
  • carrie_roch1carrie_roch1 Posts: 534 New Member
    edited December 2011
    One that I'm pretty darn sure should be able to play it. :lol:

Windows 7 64 Bit
    AMD8-3510MX APU QuadCore with 2.4Ghz
    8GB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6620G (probably my weakest point but still, I should think, sufficient)

Also for those with the issue: is it /everytime/ you see a horse or just sometimes? I ask because I have seen horses around before without crashing, this is just the first time I've actually played a household with a horse.

EDIT - Other was a Macbook Pro that was having some other issue with kernel panic so in that case it may have actually been the computer, though technically it adhered to the requirements (4GB RAM, decent processor, Nvidia GeForce 330M).
  • anika101anika101 Posts: 24
    edited December 2011
    I'm having some big issues with the horse crashing. :/ i run it on a 10.5.8 Macbook pro, with a core 2 duo processor. everything meets requrements, even if its a little close... im totaly out of ideas on how 2 fix this tho :/
  • lilrosebud211lilrosebud211 Posts: 47
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about my card, but apparently I'm up to date on requirements (according to my tech-savy brother) but I recently found this site, apparently people are getting pretty fed up with how EA is handling the issue... http://makeapatch4petsea.webs.com/index.htm
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited December 2011
    My crashing problem was solved by cleaning up my computer registry.